GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Battery Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:29 am

Hello - Went for a ride this morning and stopped at a gas station to fill up.  When I tried to start the bike I just heard a loud "click" and got the APMG 0023 code.  Very similar to what happened when my previous battery died.  Current battery (Parts Unlimited 2113-0075) is less than 1 year old and is always kept on a charger when not in use.  After trying to cycle few starting a few times and getting the same result, I removed the battery leads and reinstalled and the bike fired right up.  When I got home, I let it sit for an hour and tried to start again, and it fired up.  Battery charge indicates 14.2.  Any ideas as to what the problem could have been?

Thanks,

Eric
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:25 am

Lose connection? A not so loud click could be Startus interruptus. I don’t know about that error code but one of our experts certainly will.
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:13 am

It could have been the connection.  They were loose to the point that I could unscrew w/ my fingers.  So that very well could have been it.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:06 pm

Hyde73 wrote:
It could have been the connection.  They were loose to the point that I could unscrew w/ my fingers.  So that very well could have been it.
Yep that won't have helped
Under high power draw a loose connection can 'lose' 1-2v - critical when you are starting.

Always worth checking, redoing and measuring the resistance of the earth connections (battery and engine)

everyone checks the 12v live, no one checks the earth/ground BUT IT'S CIRCUIT SO THEY DO THE SAME JOB AS EACH OTHER!!!!!

paulbrice and Hyde73 like this post

Back to top Go down
iwantone
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iwantone

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Mine had problems with the ground. Searched for ages, was a broken bolt in the end. The thread was too short and it ended up being a bad connection.

That is the bolt that also holds the starter moter cover.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:15 pm

Thanks all! Bike is starting/running great and I just changed all the fluids. Time to get out and ride.

Cheers,

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Battery Question
Page 1 of 1