GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO

Go down 
+16
Pete Roper
Spaceknight
Blue
Tolle09
jomartijr
keenerkeen07
Street
Fissionmaker
Trknomo
Overholt13
beetle
Ralf z
cytocycle
tocino
odder
Steak
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Unless it causes the driver behind you to swerve and lose control and ??? I say the safety strap is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Nanny strap. Close kin to a Nader knob...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Yes, I think I'm cutting mine off as well. I don't believe the SW-Moto bags have a safety strap and of all the Givi reviews I read, nobody mentioned the lock ring failing
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Trknomo wrote:
Yes, I think I'm cutting mine off as well. I don't believe the SW-Moto bags have a safety strap and of all the Givi reviews I read, nobody mentioned the lock ring failing

I just received the SW Motech "Daypack" today and it does have a lanyard at the bag front which looks like it is designed to be attached somehow to the triple clamp.  The bag is a nice looking piece but is a little smaller than I planned.

Not.. lanyard is to use with the release mechanism.  So no securing strap.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:06 am

I've never done the tank bag thing,
But I've now have the small givi bag and I find it handy for touring.
I use saddle bags and tail bag but I chuck all bits and pieces in the tank bag.
I guess it's better to distribute weight over the bike rather than have it hanging all off the back.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 am

Used a medium sized magnetic one on my ZX6R and packed it right up for trips to France with mates. On longer motorway stretches you could just lean on it and rest your wrists from the sportbike forward position. It was also useful on the toll roads as it was easier to have your money ready in the zip section on the top.

The only pain with it was the magnetic section on my old bag. When you took it off for fueling you had to be careful to fold the magnet flaps away underneath or they would pick up any old bits of metal and then this gets put back on the bike......scratched tank........!!!

The new system looks well thought out and the clearance looks good too. Might have to bring myself up to date if I go further afield.

I like the tailpack - it is a good size without taking over the look of the bike too much. I am thinking of getting some panniers too at some point.

It's been really useful to see pictures of what people have done for travelling/touring/day trips to suit their needs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:35 am

I think the strap is just there for A) litigation control ("I put 600 lbs of steel in my bag and then didn't click it in right and since it didn't have a backup it flew off and it's all your fault") and B) because some people would complain about it not having one. Since it's so easy to cut off / not use they don't have to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:00 pm

tocino wrote:
I think the strap is just there for A) litigation control ("I put 600 lbs of steel in my bag and then didn't click it in right and since it didn't have a backup it flew off and it's all your fault") and B) because some people would complain about it not having one. Since it's so easy to cut off / not use they don't have to worry about it.

Yes that is most likely one of the main reasons. Everyone has to cover their butt nowadays against possible litigation..
Back to top Go down
Spaceknight
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spaceknight

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:20 pm

I got my mount a couple of days ago (thanks Onur) but has anyone had issues or thoughts about the possibility of the bolts/nuts coming out of the tank because it's plastic? Is it strong enough to hold a 25L bag full of stuff without damage to the tank?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 pm

A reasonable question but since the forces will mainly be in shear I dont really think its likely tto e a problem.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:23 am

Had enough this morning and cut the ties. Had her doing 105 and windy out today, not even a hint of movement. Tank lock seems very stable.

Back to top Go down
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:26 am

Not sure why this pic wants to keep flipping upside down, but ya get the point

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:15 pm

There's a lot of that going around lately, Aussies everywhere.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello friends,
I was not here for 3 weeks because I was so busy fighting with flu viruses. Weather is really killing us. Last tuesday temp. was 17C, and day after It was snowing.
About 3 weeks ago I found a Norge which was on sale. Called the owner and asked him to see his bike. I don't want to waste your time for long story.... After 3 hours of talking he gave me a permisson to remove tank cap and let me have it for one day. Next day Givi tanklock adapter for Norge, Breva 1100 and Sport 1200 was ready. We tried adapter on his Norge. It fitted perfectly. I gave first production to him as a gift, then he bought a new Givi tankbag and changed his mind of selling his Norge. Very Happy
Ghezzi : If I find any V7, Cali EV or Bellagio around, I'll make an adapter for you. Promise!
Has anybody have an idea about Guzzi meeting on 29-31 may in Val di Noto (Sicily) organizing by Moto Guzzi World Club?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Onur, are you doing them through ebay? Or should I pay you direct? I'm currently in Northern Australia setting up a friend's new 1200 Sport and would like to buy him a tank ring as a present?

Pete
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Pete,
I am doing them through ebay. But unfortunately I sold the last one today to Spain. New production will be ready next week (Workshop owner who has CNC has flu and I hope he comes his shop next week) I'll let you know as soon as it is available.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks mate. No urgency. Can you send me a link to the advertisement on eBay. I'll order but as I said no hurry, whenever they're ready.

Pete
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Good morning Pete (it's 8 o'clock a.m.in Ankara)
I opened a page for 20 units on ebay. As last one sold yesterday, ebay deleted the link. As soon as they are ready, I will open a new page and will certainly send you the link.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Hello Pete
New listing for Breva/Norge/Sport 1200 adapter for Givi Tankbags is active now on ebay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Regards
Onur
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Mine arrived yesterday; was getting concerned.

We live in rural (as in BFE) Virginia, and I think our mail carrier was excited about delivering a little pouch from Turkey.  Wink

Unfortunately, he was also distressed that the package had an ominous stamp: "Received Damaged."  No

Happily, however, while the packaging had seen combat, the contents appear unscathed.   Very Happy

Will be a bit before I mount it, but glad to have it in my hands and, soon, on the GRiSO.  Probably getting that "little" Givi.

Thanks, Okuraner!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Ordered!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 am

At least the ring's saved cheers
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 am

Got my 3D603. I think this will be a permanent fixture unless I'm touring.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

At some point on this forum I saw a post that showed an adapter for the give tanklock system. Can anyone point me to that? To be clear, I already purchased the tank lock ring (what mounts to your gas tank). I am looking for the actual locking adapter sans bag that I could mount to a specific work case.

Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:38 pm

This is where I got mine: LINKY

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO   Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Onur's GIVI TankLock for the GRiSO
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next