GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers

Go down 
+23
BobW981
guzzi-moose
nev
bioman
sono
Daves-i-Know
Goodrug
keenerkeen07
Oz1200Guzzi
stratochile
odder
Grisonut
beetle
tarsky68
Canyon Carver
Pete Roper
wardentm
b3177h
cbxtc6
Overholt13
guzziownr
ronbo10
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Empty
PostSubject: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 am

These should become available through your local Moto Guzzi dealer. I would post a photo, but I'm on a trip with just an iPad ( no photo support, best as I can tell). They give a 25mm rise, and fit the GRiSO and Cal 1400. Similar to what you've seen turned out by independent machinists, only in this case they are contoured to fit atop the standard mounts rather than beneath, and in fact become the handlebar mounts themselves. $159.95.

Ron
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Here you go:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:07 pm

In the email Ferracci sent me I mistakenly interpreted it to mean that these risers you see above were a Moto Guzzi accessory as opposed to something offered by Ferracci, so I wanted to correct that- these are in fact an offering by FBF only.

One thing I see as a benefit to these risers over other spacer-type risers are that while they do raise the bar, they also move it rearward (because of the curve of the OEM bar mounts). Other spacers that fit under the bar mounts mostly raise the bar but do little to bring it aft. For me this design makes for a nice compromise.

Ron
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:49 pm

pictures of the risers installed on the bike please
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1" rise, easy install, 5 minutes. No issue with cables, etc.  Kind of pricey @ $16O US.  MUCH better on my back & wrists.
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:33 pm

thanks for the pic cbx, looks good  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 pm

anybody else know where to get these risers or can I get a drawing of them. I have access to a fairly good machine shop and I'm sure they would do this for next to nothing. (my company basically pays their electric bill)
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Hello Ron
Pete Roper has a pair of these on the way to test, very similar, for 24.95UKP.
If you search on this site 'Just ordered a pair of these' you will pick up the thread and details, photo ect.
Pete offered to do a write-up when he receives and tests them.
My concern was that the control cable and hyd lines are not long enough.
I will be onto a pair of these if all is ok.
Caoi
:
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:28 pm

I have them now but with the big ends and tappets going tits on my shitheap I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

That is certainly on my must have list!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:26 pm

No hurry Pete, just when you can.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 am

These are the same as the Twisted Throttle offerings I used on my old FZ1. They worked great.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Well I tried to fit them this morning. They will fit but it's a stretch and the bolt holes need to be enlarged a little bit as the bolt spacing is about 1mm too wide. The main thing though is they are fuggly. They don't have the same contour as the stock risers so they look shitty.

The quest continues. If anybody else would like to experiment further with them? Be my guest. Yours for a suitable donation to Mediciennes Sans Frontiers.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Hey Pete
I would like to have a try with them.
I will PM you.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Pete
You have mail
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Pete, just to be clear...you are saying that the Fast By Feracci pieces suck, right? I sure dont want to drop $160 for something that doesn't fit right.

I bought some off of eBay and they dont fit either. The bolt holes dont line up.

It should't be this hard!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Hey Tar
These ones were $50AUD, around 45 of yours, not finished off as good as the Feraccis.
Pete is sending them to me to try.
Looks like they are functional but look crap.
If they turn out to make my ride more comfortable and I cannot put up with the crap look at least I can spend the 160 on the Ferraci ones with some confidence.
Have a great day.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I think the Feracci ones look great. It's just they are very pricey.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Yes, it's hard to justify 160
Lot of money for a little bit of metal, perhaps they are gold ?
But it will be easier if I can be sure they will make things better re my comfort.
Have a good day, bit cold down here.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:15 pm

So now I am trying to decide between the Feracci bar risers or switching to Mana bars...

Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:32 pm

I have risers and Mana bars. The pull-back or grip angle on the Mana bars is better for my wrists on long trips.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:36 pm

So if you were going to do one or the other...bars??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:25 pm

If I had to give up one, it would be the risers.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Are the cables/ lines long enough for 1" risers and the Mana bars?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 pm

I only have 1/2 inch risers, so I'm afraid I can't tell you.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next