GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers

Go down 
+23
BobW981
guzzi-moose
nev
bioman
sono
Daves-i-Know
Goodrug
keenerkeen07
Oz1200Guzzi
stratochile
odder
Grisonut
beetle
tarsky68
Canyon Carver
Pete Roper
wardentm
b3177h
cbxtc6
Overholt13
guzziownr
ronbo10
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
Are the cables/ lines long enough for 1" risers and the Mana bars?

You'll have to re-route the cables probably.
I had to do that on my 1100 by only changing the handle bar (pro-taper).
Some guy on the GTech forum said it was a direct fit but I say bullshit as it didn't work for me as good.
I re-routed but I'm border line short...
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:59 am

I have the Ferracci risers, and they can be installed with no change to brake and clutch lines/throttle cables.

By the way, I'm a shorty (5'7"), and I can't imagine riding the GRiSO without the risers now. It's quite a stretch for me with the bike as stock; the risers make it a lot more comfortable for me. Yes, $160 is pricey, but as I see it, given what I have invested in the rest of the bike, the risers are worth their price given the additional comfort they provide. Could Ferracci have asked a less princely sum for them? No doubt, but compared to some of the other bar riser solutions I've seen, I particularly like Ferracci's as they not only raise the bar but move it back toward you as well, which most of the other risers don't accomplish- they just raise the bars to be higher off the triple tree. The ones that do allow you to bring the back toward you aren't as elegant, even if they are more adjustable.

Cheers,

Ron
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 pm

If someone can Get me these I would like to reverse design them, draw them on CAD and make them/ give out the prints for others to make. I cant justify the $160 either. Can Anyone help? I'll send them back
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:45 pm

They are a kings ransom, they have a nice finish. They also fit and come with the correct size fasteners.

In stock settings I tried 4 different bar combos. Stock, FatBar, downward slopped bar. With the risers I found the stock bar fit the best and didn't put wrist/arms an uncomfortable position like the others. Buying the risers first would have saved the purchase of an aftermarket bar and bar weights. I also tried risers between the triple and stock riser. The FBF pull back was better. Fud for thought.

Wouldn't think they'd be too hard to draw if you've got the stock risers. It's just a 1" (25mm) thick chunk of aluminum. They use the stock top bar mount.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:42 am

G'day all
Received from Pete in the post this morning, thanks Pete
As Pete said the bolt hole C/D was not correct and after much filing I got them to fit.
I would not recommend them, their profile is just not correct for the GRiSO and the CSA is a lot less than the original but they now fit and I will give them a big run to see if they make the ride more comfortable for me. I will have to keep an eye on them due to the much decreased CSA as to weather the bars come loose because of this.
The biggest issue is that they look crappy and just look like 'an extra'.
I will try to get some worthwhile photos and post later on.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
stratochile
Carlotto
Carlotto
stratochile

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:00 am

Hello all. I made my own risers. Using aluminum bar stock made the OD same as factory risers, drilled bolt holes, cut to length (1") , bought longer bolts and and placed between factory risers and triple clamp.....cost was about 12.00 U.S. cable length was no problem....shoot me an email and I'll send pics...     [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by stratochile on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:36 am

Sorry the picture is upside down, well we are in Aus !!!
I promised to post this pickie ounce I fitted these bar risers.
I received them from Pete the other day.
I am going to Launceston tomorrow to meet up with beetle and tassiedevil to do some Grisoing !!! (mini Tas cabal)
This trip will sort out if they will make a more comfortable situation for me.
It's a shame they look a bit crap.
The hole CD was a couple of mm short so I had to file them out, what a pain of a job.
The CSA is somewhat smaller than the original but I think this should not be an issue.
Don't suppose you can expect a Rolls Royce for a Ford price.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:53 am

Sorry, the picture did not attach, I will try again

Bugger, bugger, why does this have to be this hard !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 am

snot!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 am

Hi Tony
Patience, I will get there, cutting and pasteing seems to be my bug
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photo
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 am

Lets try another, up the right way hopefully
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 am

Good job wardentm and way to save $$ ....how do they work for you ?
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:05 pm

G'day KK, greetings from Tasmania.
Taking GRiSO for a good run today, will known then.
Was in Calgary last year, loved the big bull in town.
Stay safe.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Goodrug
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Goodrug

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:56 pm

If anybody is interested, I have a set of Ferracci 1" / 25mm  F91700 handlebar risers for sale, as posted on page 1 of this thread by guzziownr

NOW SOLD

They are in excellent condition.

My only slight criticism of them is that on the right hand side there is a very slight lip where they don't quite match the lower riser......see picture below. The left hand side lines up spot on.

For sale as I am selling my GRiSO. The cables and lines all fit and don't need any alterations.

Payment by Paypal only please if outside the United Kingdom which is where I'm located.
I am asking  £75 GBP, $118 USD, other currencies please ask. This price will include postage.

NOW SOLD

Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:25 pm

For anybody interested in risors, I thought Id post this from revzilla

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Does the revzilla part fit?
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I can't vouch for the part personally, b3177h, because I've already been body-slammed by Ferracci

for the full $160, but I just thought that maybe I could save a few Ghetto members from the same fate

if this part works. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with a thought or two......

(Please note that these views and opinions of Daves-i-Know do not neccesarily reflect the
viewpoint of 'Daves-i-Know, Inc.' or its staff members,  and 'Daves-i-Know, Inc.' takes no personal
responsibility and is not liable for any injuries caused by claims made by Daves-I-Know.)
Back to top Go down
sono
Carlotto
Carlotto
sono

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Anyone bought and tried these yet? They seem to be selling well and I want some feedback from someone who's bought them before buying them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatonopoke.com
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Many of the Ghetto members (incl myself) have bought tankbag-rings and handlebar risers from Onur. His products are perfect and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Half the Ghetto members have bought them Very Happy

They work brilliantly. Onur is a member here.

Oops. Beaten by bio. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sono
Carlotto
Carlotto
sono

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks! Overall, is the consensus the 15 or 20mm ones?
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:07 pm

I don't think there is a general preference; it depends on how uncomfortable you are with the stock setup. I didn't think the stock bar position was that bad so I ordered the 15mm ones, just to try it out. And it feels a bit better, mainly on longer distances.
Perhaps you could wait some time to get a better feel for the stock bar before you order?
Back to top Go down
sono
Carlotto
Carlotto
sono

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've been a a few 2-300 mile/day rides and I can feel the stretch after to first 100 or so miles. Especially in my upper back and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:18 am

sono wrote:
Thanks! Overall, is the consensus the 15 or 20mm ones?

Sono, I made my own 10mm is all I had , did the trick but looked crap,

I thought more is better so I got Onurs 20mm risers, I've got long arms jackets never fit me

for me 20mm is too much, every one is different , I'm gonna try an mill these back to 15mm.

Nev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers   Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi Handlebar Risers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next