GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Seat/Tail bags ?

Go down 
+18
DangWangi
Laker
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
remgitano
Tassiedevil71
Chronic
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
plantboy
keenerkeen07
talwar
Converted Duc
ginkgo
jomartijr
Enzo the baker
Gobovic
roam
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Enzo the baker wrote:
I have the Guzzi expandable tail bag on my 2014 GRiSO. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it now but I got it via AF1 in Texas about a year ago. It's amazingly expandable and high quality. Recently I was able to stuff my Alpine Stars armored warm weather jacket, my trusty Colt 1911, two bottles of water and two microfiber cloths inside. Additionally it attaches securely and is easily removed. It seems to withstand the brutal Arizona sun pretty well. It's a little pricy but it's a quality piece of gear. I have it attached to the Stucci rack. I recommend it.

Colt 1911. Enzo, you've got style.
Back to top Go down
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
remgitano

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Hold on there mates! I'm 61 but can hold it for at least a little while. Hmmm... I'll be right back!
Ok, where was I? Oh right! All things being equal, it's far better to take semi-frequent pulls on the water tube than long pulls on the jug in the tail bag. That way, in a desert-like climate, one needn't make so many stops to empty the other tube!
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:27 pm

roam wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I was really looking for something small. I'm going to try out the Cortech Dryver tailbag. I'll post picks once I get it on the bike.

I have this one on my 06 Honda 599 but not sure if it would fit the GRiSO. It's expandable and I can put just enough stuff in it for the gym, small day trip, etc. FastPack Tail Bag [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:20 pm

You gents need two bags, two bladders.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 pm

I have the Guzzi tail bag and rack on my '07 1100. Works great and is expandable. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it has lasted a long time. The only problem I've had is that after eight years of regular use, the zipper is starting to wear out - need to look into getting that replaced. Esther made me a waterproof bonnet with an embroidered Guzzi patch sewn on that keeps it clean and dry and the bag can easily be removed for safe keeping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 am

I've got the Guzzi rear seat bag as well. The profile of it fits the rear seat shape perfectly, and whilst it looks pretty small, it's expandable (height wise) and you can fit quite a bit in there that easily accommodates a day trip. Have used it for an overnighter as well where you can fit a Shirt, jeans, pair shoes, water bottle etc quite ok. Utilises the posts under the rear seat for securing the straps.

Cost a small fortune here in Oz, something like 240 Aussie Pesos if I remember correctly, but we get ripped off with all manner of things here. Can probably buy it for the price of a stein of beer in Europe.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:21 am

I have all kinds of Gear that over the years I have adapted to use on various bikes ..
A couple of years back on a trip I met up with a fellow that had a tail pack that worked very well on the back of his bike..
What he did is go to a discount type department store , find a piece of decent quality luggage ...in this case a medium size case with some outside zippered pockets .
He invented some ways to tie it onto his bikes rear carrier and or seat , with nylon webbing aka quick release buckles etc  securely and tidy .not tough to do ..

Sounds a bit sketchy I know , but you had to see it as I did, it looked like kit that you would buy at  a bike shop ..
What he got for this effort was great capacity , well built kit that actually looked sharp on his bike for $60.00 US ..
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Brent S wrote:

Cost a small fortune here in Oz, something like 240 Aussie Pesos if I remember correctly, but we get ripped off with all manner of things here. Can probably buy it for the price of a stein of beer in Europe.

Yeah Brent, we have been ripped off for many years with "freight" (read greed) as the main culprit. Something has changed and now these things are cheaper herre, than even on flea bay now.

I too have the tail bag you are talking of and it carried my wet weather gear, a tyre repair kit, a tyre pump, some tiedowns, a multi meter and a few other odds and sods - AND there is still room for more. Mine is starting to look a tad shabby though, as it's been on my bike for 8 years now, still works fine.
Back to top Go down
Wildhenry
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Wildhenry

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:47 am

The Kriega stuff is fantastic!
It's really versatile and very very well made.
Highly recommended!

Wildhenry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Seat/Tail bags ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Seat/Tail bags ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2