12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

CARC and swingarm service

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 am

bahamazoo wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

or you could spend $20 at Bunnings for a garden sleeper and some corner brackets...

I like that Idea plus you can get a sausage sizzle (sandwich) while you are there Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 pm

I just doooooont want to do this.........
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:39 am

Bulldog9 wrote:

I don't either, but I know it needs to be done before my riding season get under way next month, so I wll have to do it within the next 3 months. I am just glad there is the tutorial to show how to do it. Thanks to those who have posted it up
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:

take the plunge its not as hard to do as it seems :-)
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Guys I am quite ham fisted-actually pretty good at pulling things down, however the the reciprocal bit is my down fall. I read the tutorial several times, noted carefully the pictures and after literally 3 months procrastination did the business. It was quite straight forward and everything went as per instructions. So, just have a crack, once done you have real piece of mind.
The next job I am equally putting off is changing over the alternator belt, still only 2 months into my putting off period, will gird the loins in the next month or so.
Look out for a please help post.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
guzziownr
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Now that I am on my third GRiSO I have to do this again. It was funny reading my own post to figure out what to do. Suppressed trauma? Should be easier this time as I know what not to do.
Back to top Go down
griso dreamin
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
griso dreamin

PostSubject: GRiSO dreamin   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi there all/my 1st post/ tks for the info re rear shock replacement from a Stelvio for a GRiSO, but I,m too late, the last GRiSO in town got sold whilst I was checking this mod out before I spent the cash!! Buggar!!!!I,m too oild to live with the GRiSO rear suspension travel and the Stelvio shock wud have been great..Oh well I,ll just stick around and poss a good 2nd hang one may appear soon.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:35 pm

Something I keep forgetting to put up in the classified section is that there’s one owned by a bloke in Bungendore for sale. I know the bike’s history, I rollerised it, the owner isn’t a twonk. He’s asking $10.5K but that is probably negotiable. His number is there and once I’m back from WA I can negotiate if you like.

Pete

“For Sale:
My beloved 2009 Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1200 8V
Registered until 12/07/18
Currently at approx 32,100km
New Braking front rotors(same as factory, just without the MG logo. The original left one had a slight warp - maybe a disc lock had been forgotten once? - so I replaced both)
Genuine Moto Guzzi Termignoni pipe(baffle currently in, but removable), and tuned to suit(no ill behavior, this one!), small CNC’d alloy barend mirrors, aftermarket rear shock(Matris) and everything else is as the Italians spec’d it.
The previous owner, a mate known to me, had the suspension done to suit his weight(approx 100kg), so it’s stiffer than standard, but still comfortable for my 78kg. The engine has been looked after Peter Roper at Moto Moda and has been ‘rollerised’ (Moto Guzzi aficionados will understand this is a must).
The bike comes with all original books, two keys, rear stand, front ‘engine stand’, a 20L drum of Penrite to suit that is approx 3/4 full and original mirrors and standard alloy pipe. If you’re the lucky new owner, you also get a fleeting view in the rear view mirror of me, crying.

I really don’t want to sell this beautiful machine, but I’ve managed a meager 600km in 18 months of ownership and the times car for some space saving measures in the household. I’m not going to let it go to someone I feel won’t look after it or appreciate it, nor will I firesale it off to some crazy lowballer. This piece of Italian art is just gorgeous and won’t disappoint, however if it’s not in your wheelhouse, I appreciate that too.
Located close to Canberra, I will allow test rides to two types of people: ones that come to me personally recommended by the few people I would trust with my bike and ones that have the full price in cash to let me hang on to whilst they test ride. Bank cheques will need to be cleared before you even get a go around the block and if you try one of those escrow PayPal, have-your-mate-pick-it-up-because-you’re-overseas BS scams, just don’t bother.
I’m serious that I love this bike. If it doesn’t sell, I won’t be too upset!
Contact me on 0414484171 or at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have another 6-8 photos, but I’m guessing this might do initially...?
Back to top Go down
ZumWohl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ZumWohl

PostSubject: Re: CARC and swingarm service   CARC and swingarm service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 am

Bulldog9 wrote:

Bulldog...I completed this a few months ago on my '15, it wasn't bad at all. Depending where you are in the Mid-Atlantic region I'd be willing to help you out. I'm outside of Philadelphia and have the tools, greases, and fabricated stands to do the swing arm service.

Best regards - Don
Back to top Go down

CARC and swingarm service
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: