GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

vibration at bars and footrests

Go down 
+9
sideshowbob
mark111
Papa Lazarou
Allaband
sidrat
Oz1200Guzzi
little750
beetle
jono-9
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jono-9
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jono-9

vibration at bars and footrests  Empty
PostSubject: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 am

hi guys, i have a tingling sensation in my hands and feet after about an hours riding at speeds of up to 70 mph, i have added foam grips, and rubber footpeg covers to try to solve this, i fitted an GPR silencer when i got bike, plus i have installed Marks Mistral map, i am considering refitting original exhaust, and asking Mark if he can supply me with his modified standard exhaust map ! i have checked all mountings for tightness, which all seem ok, bike also seems a bit jerky at low speeds,(i have checked valve clearance, and throttle body, and tps !) which may be a slight difference with mistral map, and my exhaust, any thoughts will be most appreciated as i cant ride it like this !
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:27 am

The 8V will vibe if it's lean. The Mistral map is hardly a lean map, but I've no idea what the GPR is like. Does it have a dB killer?

All else being equal, if you install stock exhaust and remap it and it still vibrates, something ain't right.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:55 am

I had vibes on mine until one day filled up at different fuel station, vibes back to normal. Never used original station again it was cheap for a reason, the fuel was shit.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:00 am

You might wanna check spark as well. What do the plugs looke like? Any evidence of arcing?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
jono-9
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jono-9

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 am

hi mark, thanks for your comments, i will try it with richer mixture, and put new plugs in as well, i do have db fitted ! i seem to have lost original map somewhere on my computer, regards, john.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Yes, first thing might be go more positive on the CO trim. Where it at now?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Check throttle body balance if not done aready
Back to top Go down
jono-9
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jono-9

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 pm

i would like to give update on vibration, i have removed gpr silencer, and refitted original, and rechecked throttle bodies etc, and put new plugs in, and added marks (beetles) map for standard exhaust, i would like to thank mark for his advice and for sending me several maps, bike is so much better to ride now, with no tingling through hands or feet after two hours riding !!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Jono-9 sorry to tell you but they vibrate terribly, i will take it off your hands for £5 and save your misery

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
jono-9
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jono-9

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:06 pm

thanks for your offer sidrat ! but its much better now, i think i will keep it for a while, it may be worth more than a fiver then ! lol.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Allaband
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Allaband

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Hello everyone. My hands also buzz after an hour ride. Does anyone use bar end vibration dampers? Does the GRiSO come stock with bar ends? I bought my GRiSO used and it does not have bar ends. I don't see any used on eBay but they have some aftermarket options.

jono-9 said his feet also tingled. My feet are fine. Just my hands and they only tingle for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:08 am

Allaband wrote:
Hello everyone. My hands also buzz after an hour ride. Does anyone use bar end vibration dampers? Does the GRiSO come stock with bar ends? I bought my GRiSO used and it does not have bar ends. I don't see any used on eBay but they have some aftermarket options.

jono-9 said his feet also tingled. My feet are fine. Just my hands and they only tingle for a few minutes.

Mine "thuds" rather than vibrates (it's a Guzzi, so that's normal). I do have problems with my hands after a while but that's probably arthritic changes more than the bike. Feet are fine. It's age and I realise I'm going to need a lighter bike at some point. Bah.

You need bar end weights-mine has Rizoma ones but the heavier the better. I've also fitted Grip Puppies which make some difference.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:27 am

What Papa said. Install bar end weights and grip puppies.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:37 am

Check the exhaust header pipes aren't fouling on the engine mount bracket.
Mine were and once repositioned to give some clearance, it removed most of the harshness and vibration I was feeling and hearing.
Back to top Go down
Allaband
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Allaband

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I will check the exhaust mounts and look for bar ends. The inside of my bars are threaded more than an inch deep. M12 or 13 bolts (can't remember) start to thread in but all my local hardware store has are coarse thread bolts in that size and these bars seem to be fine thread. Does anyone know if there are bar ends specifically made to thread in to these bars? If so I would like screw in rather than rubber mount bar ends if I can find them. I'm surprised I can't find these used on Ebay as many people toss out bar ends or change them up. Another issue is that I use bar end mirrors and large bar ends would block the mirrors. Issues. I might just fill the bars with molten lead, that should add some weight!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 pm

That threaded plug will unscrew, leaving a hollow bar. This what I did.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm

These are the adapters for the bar weights. Are they installed? They have a M6 threaded hole to attach the weights. The thread in the bars is M16x1.5.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Allaband
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Allaband

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Sideshow bob, those bar ends look interesting. I might be able to use them. There is a lot of stuff on their web page so I'll have to search around a bit. My mirrors have no rise at all, they are even with my bars, so they still may be blocked.

Beetle, no I don't have those screw-in adapter plugs in my bars. I guess that's the part I'm missing! Mystery solved! If I had those I could work something out pretty easy. Does anybody know where I can find some?

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

AP8121520 - €7.02 is the bit that screws into the bar.
GU32602860- That's the chrome weights. TLM have several sets second hand at about €25.00

You can also use Stelvio weights which are longer or Sport ones which are black.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Pinwall have a set of Norge weights for $14.20.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Out of stock, but these are the ones. Might try ebay.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 am

AP numbers are aprilia parts and many parts are shared between Ape and Guzzi.
AF1 look like they have them. IIRC Accosato is the Bar MFG for many models

Back to top Go down
Allaband
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Allaband

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm

I did a lot of searching based on your suggestions and decided on these bar end extenders from AF1 Racing: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like these because I can move my mirrors out on them, they are weights, I can add weight to the inside of the bar (by bolting onto the threaded hole that goes all the way through), and I can move my grips out over them so I have a tad more room on the bars.

I also found my bar-end mirrors at AF1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm surprised they cost $85 each! Glad I inherited them on another bike I bought and swapped them for a cheap Ebay pair when I sold that bike.

I also bought a new large CARC seal and exhaust gaskets so in the end shipping was free.

Thanks again for all the advice everyone!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2021 6:19 am

If you already have bar end weights and your handlebars still vibrate too much.
Try removing them!

Mine is improved by 50% after removing the bar end weights and replacing the standard mirror on a stem with a lttle bar end one.

It surprised me - i was planning to fill the bars with lead shot!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2021 12:21 pm

It's about getting the correct damping - too little, too many vibes, too much, the same thing happens. Just like Goldilocks, there's one that is just right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

vibration at bars and footrests
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next