GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

vibration at bars and footrests

Go down 
+9
sideshowbob
mark111
Papa Lazarou
Allaband
sidrat
Oz1200Guzzi
little750
beetle
jono-9
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Interesting thread. My 2013 8V was very smooth but my latest GRiSO is a 4V from 2007 and it was putting my hands to sleep. The Serbian bike-flipper who modded it had tossed the weights in favor of bar-end mirrors from the mysterious East. I added a set of stock mirrors and chrome bar ends from a Cal 3 that are much lighter than standard (128 grams). Perhaps these items from a V11 Sport (375 grams) will help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 am

Hi Guzziownr
that is really interesting - mine was fitted with the 375g weights with attached handguards and original mirrors. But there were signs that previous owners had still suffered with the vibration
(1) bits of sheet rubber between the bars and the clamps
(2) many many ball bearings inside the bar end secured with araldite

So i put a lot of time into getting the valve clearances exactly the same between cylinders and synchronising the throttles as that used to tame the vibration of most carburetted ancient twins and multi-cylinder bikes.

But it still "thundered" through the bars at high speed so as an experiment i took out the ball-bearings and the rubber strips, removed the weights and also the mirrors and put cheepo Fleabay mirrors on the bar end.

Over the last 200 mile it has been better.

I will try it with better & narrower mirrors but as the mirror and handlebar arrangement is rather like a tuning fork I would not be surprised if that amplified some vibration frequencies
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2021 3:37 am

Hi Jon, I adjusted the valves when I reacquired the bike this past Fall (I am both the second and fourth owner). I synched the TBs over the weekend and that helped a bit. I find the 2007 to have more "character" than my 2013 did. We will see if the weights help or harm the vibration issue once I get some very long screws from the big box store.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm

And get the throttle synch as close as you can (Read Pete's stuff or watch the his youtube)

And

I recommend Paul Brice's method of doing the mid range throttle synchronisation
- by fixing your vacuum gauges so that see them(eg sit them on the clamps secured by rubber bands)
whilst you go for a 15 mile ride, watch them as you hold various revs and keep fiddling the adjustment screw to get it right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vibration at bars and footrests    vibration at bars and footrests  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

vibration at bars and footrests
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2