GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

replacement horns?

Go down 
+13
DangWangi
Dilliw
moto
Street
Steak
keenerkeen07
rboe
beetle
Birch
wardentm
Daves-i-Know
Grisonut
JohnA
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Has anyone replaced the original horns on the GRiSO with a more "manly" sounding one (two actually)?
I have a 2014 GRiSO and it's almost embarassing to use it.
I would like one that fits the original space and wiring if possible.

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Use your boot... that's what I do, and it's manly! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey, JohnA, 'Sickspeed' used to carry tons of horns on eBay or Amazon, and the GRiSO
was mentioned as a fit. Don't know if that's still the case. They also carried a lot of
coloured nuts and bolts.  Used some for my licence plate
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks Daves and Grisonut. The main use is to wake up people at stoplights that are reading email and texting in front of me when the light changes.......
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:28 pm

As long as the diameter of the horn isn't bigger, any ones with the right sounds for you should work.
Check the ones that BMW used on their old RT say 2004/05 models...a friend of mine used to have one and his horns were loud on this thing...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 am

I'm with you John
Our GRiSO's need a hairy chested, ballsy big horn, not some fairy gay thing.
Hope you find one.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Any luck with the horn, JohnA ? I'm also wondering if anyone in the Ghetto has repositioned the

horn switch so that it doesn't go off when your using the turn signal!? Annoyance factor:4
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Awww.. you guys don't like the little roadrunner horn?

Downshift, *meepmeep* and I'm off.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Daves-i-Know wrote:
Any luck with the horn, JohnA ? I'm also wondering if anyone in the Ghetto has repositioned the

horn switch so that it doesn't go off when your using the turn signal!? Annoyance factor:4

Tee hee! I'm so used to the swapped positions of the horn and blinky switch, when I ride my brother's Bonneville, I bleep the horn to go round corners.

When I first got the GRiSO, I would often savagely blink at cars that cut me off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Alright, after exhaustive research I found a horn that I think will do the trick!

It's called the Mini Sound Bomb,by Denali.

It arrived today, so I'll see if it truly is an OEM replacement, as they state, later this week.

Hopefully it will change my 'pardon me, excuse me' horn, into a 'fuck off and die!' horn! Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Daves
I don't see how that will fit in the space I have on my 2014 behind the has tank cowling. I only have about 2" of space.
But, I commend you for your efforts and let us all know how this goes. You seem like a "getter done" kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 am

Alright, after a fair amount of fucking around and swearing, I mounted the Denali.

You were right about the tight space, JohnA! I probably should have checked that first, but I stupidly

trusted the guy at R and G Racing who I exchanged a couple of emails with.

Anyway, I tried to find a mounting point within the cowling , but no luck. I did, however, come up

with the idea of loosening the screw in the bottom of the oil pan and attaching it there, but when I

did all this oil came gushing out and I ......nah, just kidding! I found a screw that attached under the

breast of my Grisella that actually worked out great. And the sound is LOUD!!!!. It's not 18 wheeler

loud, but it is very attention getting. When I first tried it , even though I knew it was coming , it still

made me jump! Here are some shots. There is about 1 1/2 inches between the pipe and the horn,

so I'm pretty optimistic it won't Chernobyl on me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:48 pm

A buddy bought some rather ugly red round beepers for his Centuaro that are manly loud.

I bought some for the CB but will test fit on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Daves i know , glad you got your horn mounted, but i have to ask why the leather pieces on your headers ?

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:09 pm

I kind of like the leather gauntlets, but foisting those blaster horns out there in front of the cowling surely fouls the fork legs at full lock, no?

If you want louder horns on the GRiSO, you're going to have to get a little more creative...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:00 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
Daves i know , glad you got your horn mounted, but i have to ask why the leather pieces on your headers ?

You know, I have to admit I've been asking myself that question lately! I received two guards with my purchase, really only wanting the longer version that's on my exhaust. I have tried to find a happy home for the smaller one, hoping that it would grow on me eventually. But unfortunately it hasn't. Not 100% sure, but it may be destined for eBay.

As far as the horn goes, Steak, no it does not fowl the cowl. The horn doesn't stick out as bad as looked in my first photos, because I was trying to isolate the horn in those shots. It blends in OK, but not great and not OEM by any stretch.
I've still got a few days to decide if I like it enough, otherwise it goes back from whence it came. As far as having to be more imaginative, well, hmmmm, not sure what to do with that. I have a few ideas though! Very Happy

The horn is in the first two shots. I'm keeping the Heat guard on the exhaust in the last two.

s![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:21 pm

thanks Daves,never seen them before , not sure on them either but like the way the longer one matches your seat.. wonder if the po made them up..
as far as the horn goes it seems to look ok there ..i remember years back when they were hung off the lower triple on some bikes..
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Didn't realize you were gonna put then on the outside of the cowls...ugly up the bike IMO. Sad
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Not to pile on, Dave, but I'm noticing a bit of redundancy in the green/white/red stripey thingies too.  Be careful not to overdo a good idea. I do like it on the intake fins of the oil cooler which really only shows up in one picture - subtle and appropriate to my eye, the rest, too much of a good thing IMWHO (in my worthless humble opinion). Value of these comments? Zippo! It's your GRiSO and I'm sure you love it just the way it is and I encourage you to do whatever the fuck you want with it and say the fuck with the rest of us!  Cool

BTW, I still can't decide if I like the leather bits or not. I do like leather, just not sure if it works here, so maybe it does. Again, it matters not what I think, she's your mistress, leather on! Thumbs Up

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
as far as the horn goes it seems to look ok there ..i remember years back when they were hung off the lower triple on some bikes..

Yeah, there are actually some pretty impressive old school horns, mostly Chrome, that suit the Harley, custom, vintage kind of look.
Alas, my horn has no such street appeal, and should remain behind closed doors! But she refuses, so she may have to wail elsewhere.

I'm trying to use the fucking multi-quote icon, but am getting no joy... Have to sign off and back on...
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 am

>
Street wrote:
Not to pile on, Dave, but I'm noticing a bit of redundancy in the green/white/red stripey thingies too.  Be careful not to overdo a good idea. I do like it on the intake fins of the oil cooler which really only shows up in one picture - subtle and appropriate to my eye, the rest, too much of a good thing IMWHO (in my worthless humble opinion). Value of these comments? Zippo! It's your GRiSO and I'm sure you love it just the way it is and I encourage you to do whatever the fuck you want with it and say the fuck with the rest of us!  Cool

BTW, I still can't decide if I like the leather bits or not. I do like leather, just not sure if it works here, so maybe it does. Again, it matters not what I think, she's your mistress, leather on! Thumbs Up

I enjoyed that visual, cheers for that! As far as going too far with the red/white/green accents, you may have a point, Street.  My 'tribute to Italia' may have to be reined in down the road, but the only way to see how things really look on a bike, if no one has done it before, is to put them on it and see for yourself. I don't mind a little heckling for pushing the limits of good taste, (or lack thereof, Embarassed )
because unless I try it on for size , I'll never find out. The oil intake is a good example. It was on yesterday but I turfed it today because up close it looked too much like a homemade project. I may re-visit that one later.....
But I do get what you're saying, sometimes less is more, and I'm trying to straddle that line, adding and subtracting, but it's a work in progress. And I am digging the process! And most of my choices. I figure I'm batting about .850, and that's not bad. The odd horn or heat shield  WTF?  is bound to sneak in!

My ex-wife rolls her eyes when she comes by my apartment, because I usually have another addition , and I use that same method of excess to decorate my pad....too much? Maybe. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder

..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:39 am

yes as the old saying goes... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
or as BB king said.. It doesn't matter if your woman is 500lbs on feet or 90lbs soaking wet if you love her and you dig her than she's your pretty little thing..
OH and by the way I like yer coffee table Wink
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

Nice collection of mid-century modern, Dave. That suits me just fine and it shows you really do have good taste. Thumbs Up

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 am

OK, I ordered one of these to test it out. Its a little larger than the OEM horn installed but fairly flat to fit behind the body work where the originals are. I was told by my local dealer (MPH Cycles -Houston) that the horn circuits have relays in them already so the 5amp these horns will require, should be fine. Hopefully this one (Hella) will sound like something. Only $20 -US. (each)

Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:16 pm

So the boys at R and D Racing allowed the return of Denali horn and apologized
For telling me it was an OEM fit. Shame on me too for not digging a little deeper before ordering.
But past is past, so on to bigger (actually, smaller!) and better things.
I did a fair amount of looking around, and finally found a horn
that is advertised as being 7cm(2 3/4 inch) which is the size of the Grisos. Width wise it appears to
be a match, or close enough. The decibel level is up from stock, but the proofs in the pudding. (Shit! I'm starting to sound like my mom! ) I looked at those Hella horns, too, JohnA, and I have no doubt about the quality of those.
Let us know how it goes when you get it. I'll do the same, although ships running out of China aren't known for their speed! Here's my link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

replacement horns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement horns?   replacement horns? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

replacement horns?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next