GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

best front tire?

Go down 
+13
Kinkajou
Grisonut
Daves-i-Know
radelaide
H-E-ROSS
keenerkeen07
bahamazoo
Street
supersubby
KevinEmpire
Oz1200Guzzi
Canyon Carver
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

best front tire? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Metzeler can suck my balls. I hate those tires.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:40 am

wardentm wrote:

I struggle to see, for my style, why I should pay an extra hundred bucks for a more well known brand

Hopefully your skin is worth more than an extra 100 clams. The Metzlers seem to get universal bad reviews while the Michelin PR4s never seem to get any negative reviews. There are other tires that come up that are well liked by some but not all. My read is; higher performance tires "stickier" wear out sooner. Cheap tires are generally lousy tires. It is possible to find expensive tires that are totally unsuitable for your style; but in my opinion a quality tire will enhance your enjoyment and safety no matter if you ride like an old man or not.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:15 am

So, are we saying that the more expensive a tire is the better it is ?
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 am

wardentm wrote:
So, are we saying that the more expensive a tire is the better it is ?

NO!! You can spend more and still get a product that is not suitable for your use. I haven't priced the Metzlers that came as stock but I am sure they don't fall in the inexpensive category. My opinion of them is not very high and I see few jumping to their defense. I spent a fair amount of time doing research before deciding to buy the PR4s for my last bike. I was not disappointed in them in any way. In the world of things they were not a huge investment.
You don't have to blow your wad, but tires are not the place to pinch pennies. They are literally, "where the rubber meets the road".
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:50 pm

I bought the Michelin Road Pilot 4s and scuffed them in today at a moderate pace in the canyons. Even at a conservative pace I felt they were much easier to turn in than the 7K mile old stock Metzlers.
I also got a great price on the pair, installed of around $420. I do need to go back there to get right angle valve stems, as they didn't have the right size stems handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best front tire?   best front tire? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

best front tire?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2