12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Karman
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples   Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:05 am

In the real world what advantage do tubeless have over an innertube? Slighlty less wieght and the ability to plug a puncture?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples   Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:31 am

Tubeless tyre's don't deflate as quickly in the event of a puncture unless it is catastrophic, they can be easily plugged on the side of the road and their temperature and performance is far more stable than a tubed tyre.

Your observation about weight is missing the fact that rotational mass increases the inertia exponentially so steering is affected especially as the weight is at the circumference of the wheel. Many of us do stuff like buying light brakes to reduce rotating mass because to us it makes a difference. And don't get us started on unsprung weight! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Karman
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples   Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:10 am

Thanks Pete. I think I'll stick with the cast alloys rather than the spoked wheels, which seem like a high maintenence solution.
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples   Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:59 am

The outex kit arrived within a week.
Front wheel is done. Tomorrow I will go to the shop putting the tyre back on. And then cross the fingers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples   Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 am

Karman, you may find your cast wheels are lighter than the spoke jobbies anyway.
Can you weigh each and report back.

I love the look of spoked wheels, but enjoy the carbon fibre ride a whole lot more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au

How To - Repair leaking spoke nipples
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: