GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO

Go down 
+17
KevinEmpire
Guzzi Cat
Yodasoldier
Blue
H-E-ROSS
Steak
pauldaytona
Scot p
keenerkeen07
f-man
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
DungeonMaster
waterbottle
JohnA
beetle
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:36 am

Like the headlamp! My mate just built an indian Scout custom flat tracker, and put somthing similar looking on the front, but his lamp is smaller, still LED but looks more like a security lamp. Where did you find it, looks well made?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:58 pm

I got mine from fleabay. Just google LED Daymaker.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:16 am

Daymaker is a trademark of harley davidson, but yours is a no name one I suppose? the name gets used now by the chineese too
On alixpress you get these things under 100$ free shipping
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:59 am

You going lamping rabbits Beetle?  Very Happy Knobby tyres next!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:07 pm

pauldaytona wrote:
Daymaker is a trademark of harley davidson, but yours is a no name one I suppose? the name gets used now by the chineese too
On alixpress you get these things under 100$ free shipping

Yes, it's a Chinese knock-off. I could only find the exact same version as mine for $135US with free shipping. That's equates to the exact same price I paid for mine in AUD, but I had to pay an extra $25 AUD shipping. I am OK with that, as I was able to use PayPal with eBay.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Guzzi Cat wrote:
You going lamping rabbits Beetle?  Very Happy Knobby tyres next!!

Went out for a night ride last night to try it out. Bedazzled a few bunnies.

No issues with cornering. The beam is quite a wide spread, and it is biased correctly for driving on the left. Better penetration than the stock unit, but it was shite anyway.

Not a good pic, but you get the gist.

Still need some tweaking for best angle.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Daymaker indeed! Excellent.
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Interesting to see your opinions on this light. I've been eye-balling Denali's new all LED 7" round replacement light ever since they announced it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the $430 price tag has kept me from pulling the trigger. I wonder how much "better" or "more reliable" it'd be than the headlight you installed for the extra money?
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:55 am

It looks like enough light, but bad bundle spread. Blinding on small spot. What does it show when you are 10 meter from a wall?
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:45 am

What screen is that?

I have the original small MG screen, but want something more substantial until it gets warm.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 pm

@Kevin:

Ouch. That's expensive. I replaced mine more as a styling exercise. I hated the stock plastic chrome thing. It was rubbish any way. I rarely ride at night, but I sometimes leave home at sparrow's fart for a ride, and it can still be dark.

@ Paul:

I will take some pics 10m from a wall if you like? I might even use a real camera instead of my phone.

@ Birch:

It's the Guzzi 'large' screen. No longer available.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:20 pm

This is stock stelvio light

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 pm

I am currently working for some time for my old employer (Medecins Sans Frontieres) in northern Greece.  To my disappointment I have not seen a single GRiSO, despite the proximity to Mandello.  

But during a short break, trying to escape for a few minutes the incredible chaos (Crying or Very sad) here, I came upon this "interesting" head light in the nearby village. Some people are more creative than others! Very Happy  

Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

Mark,

Any chance you can do a side-by-side comparo with your new headlight and another GRiSO with the stock light? Or at least give your thoughts on how much more light output this unit puts out? Especially in terms of illumination distance down the road compared to stock.

Also would be interested to know how you think it improves the daytime visibility of the bike to other traffic etc.

My work/social schedule has me riding home in the dark quite often and even with an upgraded sylvania ultra-whatever bulb in my stock headlight I'm still looking for more light output. Have considered some small LED spotlamps attached to my head guards, but I'd rather not spoil the lines of the GRiSO more than I have to!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:36 am

No GRiSO's within cooee for me to do a comparo. I might be able to rig a test however.

I do think it improves daytime visibility, as the LED makes a very white light. I do think it's brighter than stock, but I'm only going by memory.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:03 am

Took a couple of pics of the LED light against the wall at the local pub. Only had my iPhone, and was sitting on the bike to take them.

Low beam:

High beam:

I think use of a better camera from further back would produce more detailed images. Riding through the 'burbs, this light is far brighter with more spread than the stock unit.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:02 am

So is there another bucket alternative out there?  I'd like to mount one of these LEDs but at the same time would like a metal bucket to complete the swap.  My bike is getting rollered so I don't have anything to measure.

There is a generic on Ebay in metal:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:47 pm

I must've missed it earlier, Mark does that LED unit not fit in the stock bucket?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:56 pm

It will, but you'll need an adapter ring.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Adding the Speaker headlight to the Bellagio ring was relatively easy.
I bought 5 'W' clips from a vintage bike shop. $10.

Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 am

do you have any photos of these W clips, and how you used them? or where i can get them? i've been trying to come up with a solution to mount a SPEAKER led since i got the bike!

some companies are coming out with aftermarket buckets to fit the speaker without modification also. but nothing available to the public yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO    LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED 'Daymaker' GRiSO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2