GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:34 am

I replaced my buggered rear brake lever. Scrounged around in my box of bits and found a somewhat less scruffy lever. It's bent, but not as much as the other one! Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:05 am

Gave the green (now polished) turd a tub before heading out to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek.
Some crackerjack historic racing with ex GP names such as Kevin Schwantz, Freddie Spencer, Kevin Magee, Jeremy McWilliams, Chris Vermeulen, Kork Ballington, Grahame Crosby, Steve Parish and top female racer Maria Costello as well as many top notch Oz racers.
Some great historic bikes and excellent races without the wankfest of MotoGP with access to the pits, bikes and riders.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
muzhik

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:34 am

waterbottle wrote:
Squirted the tin work for the #2 GRiSO today. what would be a suitable italian name for this colour scheme ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />

Anything special about the paint you're using?  Flex additive or any special prep for plastic as opposed to metal?  If I wind up going with a '15 or '16, I've considered painting the tins and getting a brown seat cover to "replicate" a Tenni. I have an HVLP gun that I use for wood finishes, but I haven't painted a car or bike before...
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:29 am

I recommend that you wait 'til you see a redhead "in the flesh" before you swoon too much over a greenie. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
muzhik

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:37 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

I recommend that you wait 'til you see a redhead "in the flesh" before you swoon too much over a greenie. Wink

Bill

I DO have a thing for redheads, Bill...

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:34 pm

muzhik wrote:

Anything special about the paint you're using?  Flex additive or any special prep for plastic as opposed to metal?  If I wind up going with a '15 or '16, I've considered painting the tins and getting a brown seat cover to "replicate" a Tenni.  I have an HVLP gun that I use for wood finishes, but I haven't painted a car or bike before...

No , Nothing special. I Used "De Beers" Single pack metallic base which dries quickly, then De Beers 2 pac clear matte finish.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:38 pm

muzhik wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

Bill

I DO have a thing for redheads, Bill...

So it would seem ... and, also that -- as have the rest of us here -- you married better than you deserved.  queen Very Happy

Must admit, tho, that I had presumed that you were in OUR Air Force, not "Theirs." Shocked Wink

I am, btw, visiting our brigade-commander s-i-l at Fort Bragg.  So many memories for me here, including jokes from the mid-'70's 82d about "DZ Red Square."  My how tempus fugits.

Bill

P.S. For others reading this, muzhik thinks he is coming out to the Moto Grappa on Friday to get in a demo on my GRiSO. I plan to make him earn it by helping me reassemble my Norge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
muzhik

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

So it would seem ... and, also that -- as have the rest of us here -- you married better than you deserved.  queen Very Happy

too true

Quote :

I am, btw, visiting our brigade-commander s-i-l at Fort Bragg.  So many memories for me here, including jokes from the mid-'70's 82d about "DZ Red Square."  My how tempus fugits.

I didn't know you had ties to the 82nd. You and your s-i-l may appreciate this little memento I made for a friend who also retired recently:

Quote :

P.S.  For others reading this, muzhik thinks he is coming out to the Moto Grappa on Friday to get in a demo on my GRiSO.  I plan to make him earn it by helping me reassemble my Norge.  Very Happy

Curses... foiled again! Razz
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:32 am

I proceeded with the oil change(s) and the valve adjustments and the other checks associated with the 900mi break-in period.  

The local dealer service center never did return my calls for an appointment and I got tired of waiting.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Anyone else notice the 50 odd pages of this topic disappear?
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Anyone else notice the 50 odd pages of this topic disappear?

Looks like Steak split the thread.  Older messages are in a locked thread further down the screen.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:48 pm

ah thanks - me not that lateral in thinking
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:03 am

On the weekend my mate and I took out the stock shock on the little GRiSO 850 and replaced it with a Stelvio one.
I was always bottoming out and scraping away my stand, pegs and levers.
What a significant improvement. Bike is a tad higher at the rear, seems to help with turn in as the weight has been moved a poofteenth forward. The shock and forks seem to be in more harmony now and the ride is 100% improved. No more scraping. The lean angle has improved which I must watch as I occassioned a couple of rear end slips.
The process was a snap and it all went well and only took an hour and a bit.
Also changed the clutch and brake fluids and gave her a mid service oil change.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:54 am

GHTE wrote:
On the weekend my mate and I took out the stock shock on the little GRiSO 850 and replaced it with a Stelvio one.

Interesting.

Did just the reverse here when my GRiSO's OEM shock went onto a Stelvio to lower it!

Will be curious to see how Stelvitian finds his machine's characteristics changed.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 am

That repainted "Green Devil" looks very nice!

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
ultra
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ultra

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:59 am

First spin of the season , +4 Celsius in sunny Montreal. Unfortunately it's about to snow again...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Got around to putting on Onur's 15mm risers on my old lump. Haven't been for a ride yet but they feels 'Guuurrd!'. Also went round and did a bit of checking and tightening and was quite surprised at what had loosened up a bit.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Removed both wheels ready for new booties on Tuesday - Black Betty gets new shoes!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:55 am

Fitted up wideband meter. Got the innovate unit with the gauge and the serial output for logging - gauge not mounted for moment but at least gives me nice readings and all works. My lonelec cables decided to die so waiting on new set to get on with logging.

Back to shorty 40 reassembly while I'm waiting...
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:08 am

Removed plastic fender from rear and fitted carc plate mount, new plate and indicators! Just waiting for a small billet number plate light to arrive and fit, and some matching front indicators.

Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Put in an Antigravity LiFePo battery and the MPH cycles starter relay jumper/harness to help avoid Startus Interruptus from reappearing.

Most tiresome part: finding the stupid relay. The manual shows you locations of fuses, battery, etc. Web search gets lots of wiring schematics and people saying (the same) things to do with the relay / harness, but trying to find a hit on various permutations of "GRiSO starter relay location" returned nada. Finally just started looking everywhere.

So, for those looking in the future: the starter relay is on the right side of the bike between the frame and the inside of the seat shroud. Right under where the little "1200 SE" logo is, next to the allen bolt. At least on my '13 8V it was.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:50 pm

It's always been there Tocino, why didn't you ask Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Tee hee! Yeah, what Ron said...

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Put another 100 miles on it.

Anyone want a Blackbird?
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:16 am

Double demerit points so I just rolled it up to the other end of the garage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next