GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:17 am

Oh and Beetle i like the look of that bike. The foot pegs are they the 1 inch drop?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:21 am

Thanks! Yes, 1" drop.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Rubberbroker
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Rubberbroker

PostSubject: Crossing Creeks   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:37 am

Last weekend I had the opportunity to host a few friends from different corners of the US to come ride my turf...western NC, north Georgia and east Tenn. Along with my newly acquired 2012 GRiSO I also have a 14 GSA BMW. The guys on the journey all ride big Adventure bikes so my routing didn't exclude dirt. The first day of the ride the programmed route spat us right out onto a beautiful forest service road full of a colorful tree canopy. The guys begin asking on the helmet comm...hey dude...wanna turn around? I said...nope...it's a motorcycle...let's ride!
The entire loop featured TWO motorcycles only in Suches, Ga...Tellico Plains to Deals Gap via Cherohola Skyway...and of course Hwy 28 working our way east! The last day was Blue Ridge Parkway with a visit to Mt Mitchell. The long weekend took us 800 miles with about 65 mile on dirt, gravel, some part of a Jeep trail and 3 creek crossings! The last creek was peg high and called for words to be uttered in my helmet...GRiSO don't fail me now!
I don't recommend seeking dirt and creeks on a GRiSO...but it performed beautifully throughout! The comments took a different direction at gas stops from GRiSO gawkers...."hey have you been in the dirt on that thing?" ...Yes...yes I have ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Stood on mine - couldn't be arsed moving it to reach my fuseboard in the garage.....
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Contemplated getting shot of it again. As much as I revere the ownership thing that is shared amongst the collective here I am wanting  a two up Guzzi,  Is the Stelvio a good pillion bike? Me, I can work with bad tools and still do my best but am not one for bangin my heed offr`a wall. is the suspension" boing" and final drive lash common with all Guzzis when things get unsettled?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:03 pm

They are grossly under sprung and over damped, they are also a long way from being the ideal pillion bike, Jude won't sit on the GRiSO in a pink fit!

Stelvio is, by all accounts, a brilliant two up steed. If you want more road orientated? There's the Norge. Buy a 2013 or later and you're golden.

Pete
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Aye, Thanks Pete, I have looked at both. We like them equally for different reasons, I would err for the stelv but I am guessing the Norge would be the better pillion choice? those box side cases look really close to the pillion footpegs on the stelv.

I love a big pair of jugs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:09 am

Washed the 1200 yesterday today I rode it over to Mudgee. Even managed to beat a bit of a thumderstorm.
Back to top Go down
BradleyM
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BradleyM

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 am

I had a few hours free on Saturday afternoon so I decided to take the GRiSO out for a spin to Lowood, about one hour west of Brisbane. Perfect weather and not much traffic and taking a few side roads added to the enjoyment. Just after I left Lowood on the return the fuel light came on so I pulled into the next service station and topped up. As I was coolly pulling on my gloves a very good looking woman in her forties walked past me and, with one of "those" smiles, looked me in the eye and said "That's a beautiful bike".

I'm 63 and I've been happily married for many years but just for a moment something came over me. I came back to reality when her husband who was following her walked past and never gave me a second glance. I realized it really was about the GRiSO.

I rode home feeling good about the GRiSO but a little disappointed about something.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:48 am

Took the GRiSO to the dealer for its 5K service.
Got them to balance/check clearances/grease everything mentioned on this forum
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Today we start our anual week ride. We call it the "Readies run". Last year,a very dear friend lost her life on the run. Her name was Carol Budd. Twas up to me and my now ex wife to pick the route. I picked the route,the ex booked accomodation. We leave Mudgee at 9. We will head for Gunnedahand then to a lttle village called Carroll. Tonight will see us in Bingara. Tomorrow night Ulmurra. Then to Dorrigo. Thurs night at Dungog. Before we leave Mudge Im gunna let my kiwi mate have a ride on the 1200.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:21 pm

BradleyM wrote:

As I was coolly pulling on my gloves a very good looking woman in her forties walked past me and, with one of "those" smiles, looked me in the eye and said "That's a beautiful bike".

Aren't women that age -- especially when "very good looking" and "with one of 'those' smiles" -- amazingly attractive?  Wink

Uhm ... Kathi ... I can explain.  queen

Bill

P.S.  Did 400 miles with GRiSO yesterday and today.  Pix to follow, but I fell into reverie with your post.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Enjoy Charlie
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Had a grand 200 miles today on the GRiSO.

Leaned on roads in Va., W.V., Md., & Penna., with most in the last.

I told Kathi that it may have been my favorite one-day ride.  As in ever.  Yes, that good.

Pending my usual "too many pix & too many words" trip reports, here's one to give you the flavor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:21 am

The GRiSO is due back Saturday. Contacted the repairers. Waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:11 pm

My left fork did a little wee, probably because I've been paying too much attention to the stinker.
So I ripped the 'strada forks out last night and get them seen to proper today.
Re-valve & re-spring to lard ass spec.

Dropping the 10.5kg spring back in the rear, latest front end mod has shifted centre of gravity forward enough to make the tail end a bit harsh.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:44 am

Did roughly 2500 Ks this week on the 1200 around the upper middle and coastal NSW in the company of bloody good friends. Constant thoughts of wow this bike goes alright. But due to a Police "campaign" did the speed limit(most of the time) yesterday and today. Not one bloody copper did I see. I should be able to sue ....
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:41 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
The GRiSO is due back Saturday. Contacted the repairers. Waiting for a response.

Nope. 2-3 weeks now. Just in time for winter. arse, feck, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ian p
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ian p

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:01 am

I took mine over to be fettled by Terry Hays at shock treatment, the other side of Penrith.
What a difference! The bike now tracks to the intended line in a corner, no longer sits up if I encounter bumps mid bend, and I'm much more confident in the handling. Before I was a bit nervy it wasn't going to turn in quite right and seemed to be over steering the thing into corners. Now it turns in just right and holds a line spot on.
I can honestly say that was the best 100 bucks I have ever spent on a bike, now I just need to sort the starter wiring and I'm done, happy days indeed!
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:22 am

Ian p wrote:
I took mine over to be fettled by Terry Hays at shock treatment, the other side of Penrith.
What a difference! The bike now tracks to the intended line in a corner, no longer sits up if I encounter bumps mid bend, and I'm much more confident in the handling. Before I was a bit nervy it wasn't going to turn in quite right and seemed to be over steering the thing into corners. Now it turns in just right and holds a line spot on.
I can honestly say that was the best 100 bucks I have ever spent on a bike, now I just need to sort the starter wiring and I'm done, happy days indeed!

'Rock solid' is the term I'd use to describe my GRiSO handling after the suspension was sorted.

It's still heavy and has to be steered into corners, but one really interesting thing I have found is if I move to the side I'm cornering on (not hanging off, I've never done that) just enough to tuck my knee into the plastic half covering on the rocker cover, my GRiSO can turn in really tight, and it feels 100% safe. It's hard to describe how utterly safe it feels when tightly cornering this way.  The position means I'm lower than usual with my body weight probably 75% to the leaning side of the bike.

I was doing that whilst keeping on the rear wheel of one of the faster riders in our group one day as we raced up this really steep, narrow and curvy mountain road. The road surface was rough with undulations, and the corners were so tight that probably 25kmph was fast. For the first time in my life I was aware that the real wheel was spinning when I gunned it while turning tightly into those corners, yet the GRiSO was steady as a rock.

I really wanted to overtake him but the whole road was pretty dangerous and the shock of being overtaken might have sent him off one of the steep sides, and I didn't want to kill anyone to show them  the GRiSO is king on that kind of road. king
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:33 am

New Tyre's
Michelin Pilot road 2.
See how they go after the Dunlops.

Harry
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:06 am

Just replaced the rear PR4, got 28,000km out of it. I thought I ought to replace it before riding to Noosa.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:20 am

28000km
Awesome

Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: sold it   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Sold it. Embarassed

3 months to find a suitable rollered Stelv.

Exciting!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 am

Caught up with Pete last night at the Royal and having very nice chat and he offered to look over my. GRiSO. I had only gone to Bungendore to catch with him and really wasn't expecting him to say that, but he insisted. So this morning Heather and I went over to see him and he said he'd put a beetle map in it too. He then gave us his car to drive around while he was doing the bike. We stopped off to get him a six pack of beer for being so good when we got a call from him. He said that the lft fork was losing fluid and the bike was unrideable. I,d hit a pothole at 100kph the day before. Instead of saying that I was fucked and the trip to Noosa was canned, he said I can fix this. He had a spare pair of GRiSO forks which he put on the bike . So, he put in a new map, tuned it, fixed the forks, called me an idiot (quite rightly) and and has asked for was less than his work was worth. This man is worth his weight in gold. He is one of the most generous people I have ever met, both with his time and his expertise. And he and Judy entertained us over drinks at the pub. All I can say is thank you so much Pete.....and text me with the amount I owe you please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 32 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next