GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Looks like the ones they have on modern GP bikes
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:32 pm

dennis the menace wrote:
hi bioman exhaust photos

Wow, thanks for doing that!  Much appreciated.   cheers

Looks great - I will show these pics to my local exhaust wizard, to see if he can fabricate something similar.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:45 am

no worries bioman.ever wondered why hardly dangerous riders never wave back.have you ever tried to to use a wheelbarrow with one hand lol bounce
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 am

Pulled out a old exhaust stud and tried my new Inconel studs for size.

I think I'm undergoing a metamorphosis with my GRiSO. I bought it for three reasons, and didn't know anything about Guzzis's other than I rode a brand new NTX650 once and loved it:-
1) Aircooled
2) Shaft drive
3) Easy to maintain

So what's the fuss ?

Every time I work on my GRiSO, I enjoy it more and more, it's just so easy!

I rekon some serious thinking about ease of maintenance went into the GRiSO, because I've never actually looked forward to working on a bike before, it was more of a chore, something that pulled me away from designing electronics, or programming. Or going to the beach with Uma Thurman.  

Ok, ... I lied about one of those things.

I sometimes ride with a group of cashed up retirees, all on new bikes, and if I mention any work I'm doing on the Guzzi, their eyes just glaze over, they're not interested.
They get their bikes serviced or fixed 'up the coast' in Brisbane, and they are happy to pay someone else to do it.

When you look at the work to do the valve shims on a new OHC Triumph, (engine made in Thailand)  I can understand their attitude ... it's probably faster to rollerize a 8V !

And just wait until one of their waterhead BMW's gets some oil or air (whichever it doesn't want)  in its 'intelligent active suspension system', try blasting my GRiSO into the weeds with 130HP on a bike with shagged suspension then, ya wasters!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Rode Back from the NSW mid north coast up the Oxley Highway to Walcha (always a great ride) down Thunderbolts Way and then onto Buckets Way. Great scenery. Farmers should be happy with dams full from recent rains and paddocks and hills healthy brilliant green.

Nice twisty roads. First time doing these roads on my 2015 GRiSO having done this route many times on my VFR and Ninja 1000. Thunderbolts and Buckets Way are still in poor condition as always.

Tossing up what to do about the ordinary suspension on the GRiSO, invest or move on. Had the OEM shock revalved and the spring upgraded early this year and although somewhat better than stock it has along to go. Static sag reset. Front suspension arhhh! It will be expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:22 am

The small (?) investment in suspension will bring greater joy than spending the same amount and trading your bike in on some other POS, that will still need suspension improvements.

My 2 bobs worth.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 am

ghezzi wrote:
The small (?) investment in suspension will bring greater joy than spending the same amount and  trading your bike in on some other POS, that will still need suspension improvements.

My 2 bobs worth.

Thanks. Love the aesthetics, love the motor but hate the hopeless underdeveloped and underinvestment that MG did with the Showa suspension.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 am

Like every mass produced product it's built down to a price. If you want a really evil handling pig? Try an early Aprilia Mana with non adjustable suspensions! Awful.

One of the best descriptions I ever read of the failings of Guzzis was applied to Centauros, (Father of GRiSO.) by some wag who quipped that the only reason they bothered assembling them was to make sure the owner got all the bits! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:13 am

Throw money at it. Better riding through aggressive spending. 2500-3000 drachma should do it.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:55 am

Well today I started mine up and actually rode it! First ride on the GRiSO since I got back. Yesterday I'd taken the Mana into town as I had some running around to do through the traffic light infested heart of Canberra and at that it excells! As it does as a touring bike two-up!

The GRiSO though? It's just so *Right* for me. I've ridden many bikes in my time, many of them far superior on paper to the GRiSO. But when I'm on mine and know that at any time, in any gear, all I have to do is turn the handle and everything will be blissful? Well, I'm just happy that in my lifetime someone built my (Close to.) perfect bike.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:56 am

beetle wrote:
Throw money at it. Better riding through aggressive spending. 2500-3000 drachma should do it.

cheers

Feck better mortgage the dog! Spoodle anyone?
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:18 am

Hacky, I just recently had the suspension sorted by Terry Hayes out at Walacia. Best thing I ever did to a bike in 30+ years of riding.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:41 am

Converted Duc wrote:
Hacky, I just recently had the suspension sorted by Terry Hayes out at Walacia. Best thing I ever did to a bike in 30+ years of riding.

I've been thinking the same thing ever since Paul Rooney at Rileys Hill, NSW did the same for my GRiSO. My thanks to Doug Foskey for suggesting it in the first place.

I have never enjoyed cornering so much in my life as I do on my GRiSO, because I have never had so much confidence in a bike before, yet when I bought it the suspension was shagged and the handling was nothing special, crappy even.

The GRiSO isn't a superbike, my 1994 900CBRR is more powerful, manic even, and handles pretty well, brakes very well, is utterly reliable, but after 50km, I need to see a chiropractor ;-)

Fireblade : "your'e a pussy, I'm only doing 200, and this is a 230kph corner, you girls blouse, grow a pair will ya !"

GRiSO: "Oh man, I loved that corner, nice line you took, and don't forget there is a great cafe 50km further up this mountain road, ... hey was that a Harley we just cruised past  ?"
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Tossed the Mana bars and stuck on some ebay specials with similar specs. Black, of course.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

I did this.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 pm

If you no longer need the Mana bars I'll buy 'em off you. I need some for the Mana as its bars got bent when the idiot I lent it to crashed it and bust my bag up, Grrrrr!
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 pm

beetle wrote:
I did this.

Nice!
I see you fitted the black flyscreen to your aftermarket LED (DOT approved:) headlight standoffs, I wonder what keeps the flyscreen from tilting back in the wind ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Pete, I drilled a couple of extra holes 'cos the GRiSO switch blocks got pins in different locations. I'm going to Canberra on Monday, I'll drop them off.

alien

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:38 pm

What happened to your Stryker fairing, Beetle?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:51 pm

Still got the Stryker, Pete. I just fancied a change. I'm probably going to send the Stryker to a fairing guy who will make me a couple screens for it. I'm not happy with screen on it. Too much turbulence.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 pm

beetle wrote:
Pete, I drilled a couple of extra holes 'cos the GRiSO switch blocks got pins in different locations. I'm going to Canberra on Monday, I'll drop them off.

alien

If you're in the car you can grab the factory mufflers for the V7 to take to Wagga, then I'll ride it over one weekend, Jude can drive and we can do the scoff and stop over thing and then leave the whore's purse with you.

Exatra holes aren't a problem.

thanks.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:55 pm

techman-001 wrote:

I see you fitted the black  flyscreen to your aftermarket LED (DOT approved:) headlight standoffs,

Are you suggesting my headlight is not approved?  Very Happy

Quote :
I wonder what keeps the flyscreen from tilting back in the wind ?

It can't tilt back, there's nothing to stop it.

Viva la Fiesta

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:20 am

beetle wrote:
techman-001 wrote:

I see you fitted the black  flyscreen to your aftermarket LED (DOT approved:) headlight standoffs,

Are you suggesting my headlight is not approved?  Very Happy

Quote :
I wonder what keeps the flyscreen from tilting back in the wind ?

It can't tilt back, there's nothing to stop it.

Viva la Fiesta

Hell no, quite the opposite. With the plethora of cheaper Chinese non approved LED headlights everywhere, I'm impressed to see you did the due diligence and paid the extra for one that's DOT approved.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:09 am

beetle wrote:

Converted Duc wrote:

Converted Duc I received a call from Terry Hay yesterday and we had a long chat about suspension options. Over a beer or three this afternoon watching the Malaysian MotoGP free practice and qualifying I'm thinking of investing in new springs and gold values for the forks and a new Matris K series shock. The cost will come in under 2,500 shingles. Need to ensure the transaction is not visible to the finance minister in these parts otherwise I'll need to purchase her another diamond widget which will be found kicking around the bedroom floor I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:16 am

Interesting he has suggested new springs for you. i asked about that and he told me that mine were fine for me....hmmm. They feel good what ever he has done but hey I guess he knows better than I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 31 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next