GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
iminspaaace
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
iminspaaace

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:19 am

rick pope wrote:
Where are you in Colorado?  We get out there to play most years.  We have family in Arvada and Ft. Collins.

South Denver area

Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:58 am

lcjohnny wrote:
@Buellbloke
Nice carpet Very Happy

Laughing carpet showroom sample squares, picked them up for nothing but effort, useful to move them about as you want
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:20 am

So I installed my Agostini Hydroformed with a beetle map and the fit was super tight onto the stock exhaust pipe so I didn't reuse the gasket on the OEM silencer, but it sounds like there's an exhaust leak on cold start until the bike warms up a bit then it goes away. There were definitely no installation instructions that came with the Agostini can, can anyone here verify if the gasket that's on the OEM silencer is needed for the Hydroformed?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:48 am

I have installed pipes that do not use the gasket and I use copper colored anti-seize on the fit, seals the exhaust plus makes it nice to come off next time.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:01 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
I have installed pipes that do not use the gasket and I use copper colored anti-seize on the fit, seals the exhaust plus makes it nice to come off next time.

Can one use copper anti-seize instead of that aweful goes off like cement exhaust sealant paste and it will seal?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:29 pm

FYI, there is an equivalent exhaust gasket available from, I believe, a 600 Kawasaki Ninja application. I'll have to check my notes to be certain, but they can be had for under $10 per.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Another option.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Seems it would be a good place for a v-band flange/clamp instead of the slip-fit and compression clamp.
I think that silicone product (or similar products that take a set) would take a judicious hand- super thin bead and probably at the very end of the muffler flange- otherwise working it free again would be a real bear.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:12 pm

Can some of you guys show some pictures of the DB killers pulled out of the muffler.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Steak wrote:
FYI, there is an equivalent exhaust gasket available from, I believe, a 600 Kawasaki Ninja application.  I'll have to check my notes to be certain, but they can be had for under $10 per.

Hmmm, this one? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:33 pm

Bill Dee wrote:
Can some of you guys show some pictures of the DB killers pulled out of the muffler.  

This is the Db killer out of the official Moto Guzzi Termignioni pipe

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
syspig
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
syspig

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:54 am

Anyone have a lead on a Mistral Hi with removable cat? 2013 GRiSO.

Hoping to use the Beetle map and all the new ones appear to have a non-removable cat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olymoto.com
syspig
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
syspig

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:24 am

Here's an update that might help others in sourcing a cat-free Mistral Hi for use w/Beetle map.

Prior to my request above, I'd reached out to AF1. They checked directly with Mistral and replied all new Mistral Hi's now had a non-removable, integrated cat. They suggested the Agostini HF as a cat-free option.

I swapped emails with MG Cycle as well, and was considering a different exhaust from one of these two vendors - but MG Cycle reached out to Mistral, and was told the Mistral Hi could be custom ordered without cat. Not sure why AF1 wasn't given that option when talking to Mistral, but I've ordered one up from MG Cycle.

beetle and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.olymoto.com
SorryOciffer
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
SorryOciffer

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:12 am

austin_22 wrote:
2013 GRiSO with GPR can.

That sounds great!

Oz1200Guzzi, Yahu and Havli like this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:57 am

[quote="SorryOciffer"]
austin_22 wrote:
2013 GRiSO with GPR can.

That sounds great![/quote

Super brzmi!👍
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:57 am

Hi everyone,
I'm coming back to this old thread to try to get your expert opinions on this.
I have this QD exhaust in my 1100, which I like a lot.
I'm not a very big fan of loud pipes, so I kept the db-killer. But I had allways the impression that this db-killer could be very restrictive...Even though it is a straight tube, it has only 26mm of ID...
Can this create overpressure in the exhaust system?
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:09 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:41 am

Not really such a thing as "overpressure' in the exhaust system. You have a partally open container receving really violent explosive waves of pressure from the cylinder head end (s). Those positive pressure waves travel much quicker than the flow of gas and reflect back as a negative wave from the open end of the silencer and also as positive wavelets from the restrictions they encounter.

If multiple positive waves arrive back at the exhaust port as the valvr opens, the exhaust will be restricted. If negative waves arrive as the valve opens the exhaust will be free flowing.

On a big ole lump like the GRiSO has with uneven firing and unequal length down pipes coming into one silencer the harmonics of exhaust pressure waves and how they effect gas flow will be somewhat complex.!

Experienced people on this site say Db killers should be kept in and that the original silencer works well.
I cant do the physics so I go by Ghetto lore.

Utesch and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:12 am

Amen 🙂
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 pm

I say it. Do it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
IamSpartacus
Carlotto
Carlotto
IamSpartacus

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:55 am

I've read this whole thread and have noted the big takeaways (keep dB killers and midpipe pretzel, Mistral and Agostini are good performers, etc). What I haven't see is any OEM pipes from other bikes being used, which may be lighter than the stock boat anchor. Specifically, I'm wondering if silencers off a BMW R Nine T would do the trick as there are several different OEM Akraprovic (single, dual, high, low) units which can occasionally be picked up used for a few hundred bucks and look nice (particularly the dual).

Similar engine (1200cc 2 cylinder making 109hp and 85ft-lbs) and exhaust (pipe on left side). Is there any reason this setup is a bad idea besides needing a custom midpipe extension/fitting?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:41 am

Never considered it. No idea.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:11 pm

The R Nine T has the cats in the headers. The dual pipe is essentially straight through with noise reduction packing and non-removable dB killers. I don't see it being an issue. It's essentially no different to any aftermarket pipe for the GRiSO.

In GRiSO we trust!

kindoy2 and IamSpartacus like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 23 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23