GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE

Go down 
+13
Birch
jeremyb
Charlie J
mark111
Hacky
Converted Duc
Oz1200Guzzi
boxerscott
nev
Pete Roper
beetle
Grisonut
waterbottle
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:19 am

Another vote for Izzy.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:25 am

cool. I have bought a wilbers for the V11 from Mecadata in France as it was 1/2 cost of local, but would prefer a local. Wilbers work well.
Also has anyone got any feedback on the Mupo AB1 Evo shock which looks like another alternative for a rear. No other choices for fronts?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 am

Wot he said.
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am

knumbnutz wrote:
No other choices for fronts?

The fork is similar to a 2006/2007 Suzuki GSXR 650/750 and is a very good fork. Personally, I don't see the need to gut it and spend $1000 for new internals (plus labor) (USD).

There is a Race Tech kit for ~$180 or so. An Ohlins kit for ~$275 or so. And one other (can't remember the name) that is priced in between the two. With these kits you get new pistons and shim stacks. And labor wise it is just remove the old stuff, install the new stuff, so should be not too pricy for your suspension person to do. Or your suspension person could just revalve the fork.

Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:35 am

usedtobefast wrote:

There is a Race Tech kit for ~$180 or so.  An Ohlins kit for ~$275 or so.  And one other (can't remember the name) that is priced in between the two.  With these kits you get new pistons and shim stacks. And labor wise it is just remove the old stuff, install the new stuff, so should be not too pricy for your suspension person to do.  Or your suspension person could just revalve the fork.  

I've tried searching for these, do you have any links ?
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

RaceTech ... this is all their products for the GSXR 600, ignore the shock stuff:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the place that advertises the Ohlins kits on eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm not sure if they are weird like it is $350 from their store and $275 on eBay.  

Here is another place selling the Ohlins kits for $275 ... don't know these guys.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is K-Tech stuff.  Seems pricey and don't know much about these for street motos.  KTM guys are loving their offroad suspension kits:  https://www.computrackboston.com/K-Tech-20-mm-SSRK-Piston-Kit-20SSK-20SSRK-SHO-3-p/ktk-20ssrk-sho-3.htm

Another K-Tech vendor: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought Traxxion Dynamics was selling the Penske kits, but not seeing them.  They are: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   They know what a GRiSO is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:35 am

Soon I will be going to Traxxion Dynamics to have them install the AK20 cartridges in my GRiSO.

Quite expensive at $1,300 installed, or I can save $200 and install myself. I think $200 for experts to do it is cheap enough for me. They will do it while I wait
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:29 am

cognosticator wrote:
Soon I will be going to Traxxion Dynamics to have them install the  AK20 cartridges in my GRiSO.

Quite expensive at $1,300 installed, or I can save $200 and install myself.  I think $200 for experts to do it is cheap enough  for me.  They will do it while I wait

(Duh!) THIS! I farm out my suspension work. Why? Because the bloke I use is not only good but he knows suspension inside out! He races competitively for fun!

Sure I can do it! Why would I? I have my skill set. Why would I try and claim I have expertise in all areas? That way lies hubris, not to mention bullshit!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 pm

I got a reply from Racetech in California, saying they could rebuild the Marzocchi forks on my 2004 V11 Sport & the Showa forks on my GRiSO for $1800-.

Not quite what I'd asked them; individual quotes for each. But let's assume $900 for each, not including shipping to them & back.

Pete's post about defering to those who specialize in suspension work reinforces my decision. Mind you my choice was based more on knowing the guy doing the work if I DIY Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 am

Ouchie. How'd it get up to $900? You getting new springs too? New seals & bushings?

I guess I'm just cheap! Smile

I mean geez, the Matris cartridge is $1000 and I believe that includes the springs and oil. Not sure what a shop would cost to do that, $200 ish?

Hummm ... eBay has a 06/07 GSXR 600/750 fork for $199, free shipping, no tax, good seals. If you were worried about messing up the GRiSO fork, could order the eBay fork, and whichever kit you like, do all your work on the eBay fork, take your time, then swap them out.

I was actually thinking about doing something like that. And try out a couple of different approaches ... self re-valve one, Ohlins kit in the other, compare/contrast.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:10 am

Yeah, they threw back a generic quote; springs seals bushings oil & gold valves.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:46 am

Just had my forks and shock replaced with 22mm nitron fork catridges and wilbers shock.
Bloody perfectly set up too. Really happy that i don't need to touch them.
Forks cost $1250AUD
Shock $1627AUD

The shock was problematic to swap out. I had to move the airbox around to get the shock out and the new one in. More time getting to it than replacing it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE   Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Matris Fork Cartridges / DONE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3