GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Not a GRiSO.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 am

Big fat green turd.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Get off the fence why don't ya?
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:21 pm

i have a real soft spot for period dustbin fairing but that.........why do they stick those stupid balloon tyres on the front
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm

When originally designed the dustbin was a performance enhancer. So much so they were banned. Nowadays they are used purely to try and turn a modern, ( In the case of the Cali running gear? I snort with derision!) into a stylistic showpiece.

They were always inexcusably fugly. Fugly and functionless? 'Two strikes and yer out!'.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:56 pm

the_doctor wrote:
Get off the fence why don't ya?

I'll be more specific. Very Happy

They have taken a perfectly good functional motorcycle and turned it into something from a bad sci-fi movie. Judge Dredd comes to mind.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Fugly and functionless? 'Two strikes and yer out!'.

Pete

No need to be so personal Pete - you sound like my ex-wife...... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
When originally designed the dustbin was a performance enhancer. So much so they were banned. Nowadays they are used purely to try and turn a modern, ( In the case of the Cali running gear? I snort with derision!) into a stylistic showpiece.

They were always inexcusably fugly. Fugly and functionless? 'Two strikes and yer out!'.

Pete

They were banned because of their susceptibility to side winds at speed there were a number of fatalities due to the issue. But I reckoned the Gileras (Bob Mac era) were beautiful in a brutal way
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I reckon they were too but the streamlining lessons learned have given us fairings that are not as obtrusive. That in itself is a good thing. I think it is homage to Sir Nigel Gresley, his Mallard locomotive and all the lads pre war who just wanted to go faster. Now`t changes really, people will be looking at the moto gp winglets in 50 years time and thinking WTF! fact is I am thinking that now Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:28 am

Nar I like it.
It's not for production but a clothing company commissioned it, I've seen it somewhere.
I think Wildguzzi.
I like it when someone takes a bike and makes it different, yes this is different.
Puts their mark on it, thinks out of the bland old box.
Any way my 2 cents worth.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not a GRiSO..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a GRiSO.....   Not a GRiSO..... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Not a GRiSO.....
Page 1 of 1