GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stelvio with Rollers ?

Go down 
+3
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
waterbottle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Stelvio with Rollers ? Empty
PostSubject: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Photos not great, but these are the roller tappets , yes ?
It's the pretty orange one Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Yes. Thumbs Up

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:18 pm

It's at A1 motorcycles in Melbourne , fly ,buy, ride cheers
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Ron, does this count as a GeeGaw for the mighty GRiSO? Or are you getting adventurous?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:09 pm

I reacon we could fit 6 cartons in this one Tony Razz:drunken:
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Is that the one that's on Bike sales. Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Wyno, That's it, 8000 Kms. 2000 kms to home. 
I'll be in town Wednesday lunch time, one night only. Staying at a mates place in town. I'll be at the bike shop, A1 motorcycles in Ringwood all arvo if you want to catch up ?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 pm

I 'd like that, but I'm flying to Mackay at 7 Wednesday morning to catch up with my partner who's working up there. Going to tell her the good news about buying another GRiSO. Good luck with this one mate. If I wasn't getting another G, I would've liked a Stelvio.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 pm

One day Wyno. Are you coming to tassie ?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Depends on if I can get time off work. I do plaster hanging and sometimes there's lots on and sometimes not. It all hangs on the weather. Maybe I should just say sod it and come along anyway. I know Heather wants me to catch up with you guys, I sure would like to. Just missed out on meeting Beetle at Bungendore in November when I caught up with Pete, and I haven't met any of you other guys. It'd be good to put faces to names.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Just for additional reference, all of the NTX badged bikes are roller motors.

Author was talking out of his ass...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Last edited by Steak on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Errr? You sure about that? I'll have to check myself but I'm pretty sure the designation predates rollers.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:19 pm

My orange 2012 NTX was not rollerised... (but it is now).
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 pm

I'm probably wrong, but it seemed to me that when the NTX got here to the States (dual lambda, big tank, new tupperware) that coincided with the roll out of the roller motors circa 2012/13.

And then there were the small block NTXs of yesteryear...  Which makes me doubly wrong.  Embarassed

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Perhaps the USA didn't get the NTX until later? Certainly we had big tank, twin lambda, flat tappet bikes in Oz.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 am

My not-rollerised orange 2012 NTX (with big tank, etc.) was purchased by the original owner new from Seattle...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 am

Well this one is not an NTX , he is only 8V, and today I named him. "Cassius" cause he floats like a butterfly, Stings like a bee. It has stock suspenders that to me work great. The rear may be a tad soft for hard riding, but I think it will suffice for touring with the bride queen

Beetle popped a map in for me and it really does ride like the GRiSO's now. Like a fat GRiSO Laughing The big fuel tank is great , I expect it will do 550 kms easily.
It will approach the GRiSO warp factors , but be careful as the front gets very light , something to do with the big esky's on the back Twisted Evil
I have no intention of selling the GRiSO's , but this beastie is really growing on me. 10 hrs today from Young Nsw to Grafton Nsw , now I need to do something with the seat , or my soft arse Razz
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:47 am

It's the width. Barely fit in my garage. Approximately eleventy feet wide.

Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio with Rollers ?   Stelvio with Rollers ? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stelvio with Rollers ?
Page 1 of 1