GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm

G'day Pat
Greetings from your old stomping ground, Tasmania
Hope all is going well with you and yours
Thanks for your enjoyable write up, not much we can help you with in respect to your 'stature' ..
Hope it all turns out good for you
Regards
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Pulled the swing arm and rear shock out of Fat GRiSO. Greased all needle roller and swing arm bearings. Changed out rear Spring to a 130 Nm item. Lubed the splines in the drive shaft and Put wooly sheep on seats. Took Red skinny GRiSO for a lap through town, took Orange Fat GRiSO for an extended ride around shire 2 up, ( saw hobbits ) new Spring works a treat Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:52 am

Waterbottle,

Do you have any video of the Race green GRiSO ?
Would love to hear what that exhaust sounds like .

It's cold grey & wet outside & I could use a GRiSO fix !
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 am

If you click on the small pics in the exhaust thread, it will take you to the photo bucket site to see the track vid.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:02 pm

thanks for the spring tips Ghezzi, you are on my list of guru contacts when the upgrade opportunity arrives, and yep, suitably suited I'm tippin in at 260lbs.. Shocked but thats pretty close to OEM specs, right...
brake light switch appears not to be adjustable, but armed with a drill and a tap set, would easily see an adjustable bolt in play. or a new brake lever required Razz
I love my US side stand, so am loathe to cut-n-shut, and to be honest, I didn't investigate further after my toe dragging ride.
currently have another distraction however Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 pm

waterbottle wrote:
If you click on the small pics in the exhaust thread, it will take you to the photo bucket site to see the track vid.

Thanks.

Haven't got to the video yet, enjoying the pictures though. cheers
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 am

out cruising today spotted a back GRiSO turns out to be fl lt wilco first GRiSO i've seen apart from mine[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19557284/33][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ur
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:09 am

They make a nice couple, those two.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Street wrote:
They make a nice couple, those two.

cheers

Nice scenery, too.

Bill

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Last week we had dueling banjo's, now we have the black and white minstrels.
Back to top Go down
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 am

Saturday here in Seattle was quite nice with only a few sprinkles, so I
took the GRiSO up to play on back roads near Stevens Pass. I love these roads so much, miles and miles of nobody and nothing except short straights and lots of twisties.

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:18 am

love Stevens Pass , wish I was living closer to it ...hardly any traffic during the week
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

Caleb,

You should have joined us for breakfast in Enumclaw on Saturday. Glad you had a good ride.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Tucked away for a few months with a couple freinds..... Hope to get at least one ride in before I am out of the loop. Weather is NOT cooperating.... Fresh oil, stabilized fuel, still need to pull batteries, put tires at #50 lbs and cover everything.

Back to top Go down
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

Street wrote:
Caleb,

You should have joined us for breakfast in Enumclaw on Saturday. Glad you had a good ride.

Pete

Pete,

I would have loved that, but this was only my second ride post arm surgeries and I wasn't sure how long I was going to be able to hang in there. I didn't want to get partway there and have to bail on you guys because my arms were giving out. Ah well. One more surgery to go next week, then I should be able to start making the breakfast rides 8 weeks or so after that *grin*.

Caleb
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Having spent two weeks in NZ and the couple of weeks before that fixing up and sorting out the turdy Stelvio I felt it was time to actually pull my GRiSO out of the shed and take it for a flog.

Needless to say the battery was flat so I had to put it on charge for a bit. Then I finally got round to sticking in the new map Mark had done for me to shut up my whining about erratic start up rpm and high idle in certain conditions.

Then it was out for a quick gallop around the houses on 'Test Track A'. Can't tell if the high idle is fixes because that was only happening in 37*+C weather and it's cooled off now but other than that it ran flawlessly.

Getting back on it after riding the Stelvio really highlighted how two bikes with identical powerplants can behave totally differently. The GRiSO feels a LOT punchier than the Stelvio. After narrowly avoiding getting a serious ticket on the way home I got off at home with an enormous grin and seriously considered giving it a wash as it is totally spattered with locust guts! Then good sense got the better of me and I went and had a beer instead! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:03 pm

And today I took Jude out for her first run on 'The Turd'! Overall impression was very favourable compared to the Mana and we went over to Nerriga for lunch which involves a bit of dirt and she was much happier with the plush, long travel suspension of Fat GRiSO! I have a feeling this is going to be a great two-up tourer! Turdy or not! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Fat GRiSO's Rule Thumbs Up
It will never replace the Hooligan factor that comes standard with the ( skinny one ) GRiSO, but shit these things have a plush ride . Jan came for a ride over to Biloela yesterday, about 300 km return. The one complaint is the wind hammering from the screen. If I hold my hand up saying Hi to Adolf at the top of the screen, it's as quiet as a mouse fart Thumbs Up Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Fixed my oil leak. Gasket was split after the last gravity assisted get-off. Hence, the pissing out of oil. Put one of my spare valve covers on so I can spiff up the black one. Of course, both my spares, left & right, are scratched. I'm not allowed to have undamaged valve covers. Thus spake the Universe.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:08 pm

I'm working on a protector Mark. Can't think of a better test pilot Rolling Eyes I need some for the green one, I'm getting too brave Shocked
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Nah, it's it's good to be able to go flat bicky on a well know piece of Tarmac. Just don't be doin' it on the ever changing open road.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm

waterbottle wrote:
It will never replace the Hooligan factor that comes standard with the ( skinny one ) GRiSO, but shit these things have a plush ride . Jan came for a ride over to Biloela yesterday, about 300 km return. The one complaint is the wind hammering from the screen. If I hold my hand up saying Hi to Adolf at the top of the screen, it's as quiet as a mouse fart Thumbs Up Laughing

I've just bought a Cal-Sci screen along with a Corbin for solo work on the Turd. That will enable us to get MJM to rebuild the stocker seat for two up. Jude needs a bit more rearward tilt on the pillion to avoid 'Fanny Crush' which is the female version of 'Junk Crush'! Very Happy!

Now I have 'Fat GRiSO' the bag racks will be coming off the 'Green Horror'. They can always be put back on but for distance work, unless I'm going somewhere to act the goat, luggage caring won't be an issue.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:41 am

Went out today for a charity ride, pissing it down but over the 100 miles or so we rode it cleared up, so cleaned and ready for work on a sunny day, but cold in the morning, lovely
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
And today I took Jude out for her first run on 'The Turd'! Overall impression was very favourable compared to the Mana and we went over to Nerriga for lunch which involves a bit of dirt and she was much happier with the plush, long travel suspension of Fat GRiSO! I have a feeling this is going to be a great two-up tourer! Turdy or not! Very Happy

Pete

Pete, this is EXACTLY the reason why I bought mine. Personally, I had no need for a Stelvio, but after one test ride Starr was sold. She's always game for riding on the GRiSO, but she's got these long-assed legs that fit much better on the Stelvio. Add that for camping and distance touring it really shines. For me, the GRiSO has become my "fun" bike and remains my favorite ride, but the Stelvio is a work horse.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:03 pm

waterbottle wrote:

In my considered opinion, the best money you can spend on the NTX is the MRA X-creen Touring wind deflector.  Mount it at a plumb vertical aspect at the top of the windscreen and you will be traveling in a "cone of silence"!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next