GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Can't register a Stelvio....

Go down 
+9
guzziownr
MalG
GHTE
H-E-ROSS
kiwi dave
Street
wardentm
Steak
smddanny
13 posters
AuthorMessage
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

Can't register a Stelvio.... Empty
PostSubject: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello, I have a GRiSO already in the Uk so I thought I'd add a Stelvio here stateside in Connecticut USA>

I went down to the DMV today.. so lucky almost no line.

I am ready to register my 2014 Stelvio after returning from a 1200 mile trip to Quebec City Canada from New Haven Connecticut area. Don't go out of country with an unregistered motor vehicle.. bad idea.. different story.. but I went out for a ride and I didn't turn back.. till 700 miles out. :-)

I bought a used Stelvio out of New Hampshire.. clean title in hand signed over to me. However the Connecticut DVM says that Moto Guzzi doesn't exist. Piaggio was a registered manufacturer last year but as of the new listing dated Sept 17 2017.. Piaggio does not appear. There must be some mistake I say, Surely someone wants to register an Aprilia or Guzzi in this week in this state? They call the main office in Wethersfield.. correct .. Moto Guzzi or Piaggio is not an approved manufacturer.. Pagani and McLaren are .. no problem with those exotics but Guzzi is not on the map. Can't register it. I asked about registering a Rambler or a Nash.. they are no longer approved manufacturers either.. don't get a good answer on that one.

Its crazy.... I call the dealer.. "we don't have any problems.. registered one last week". They give me Piaggio customer service's phone number in NYC.. the operator shuffles me off to an answering machine.

DMV 1, me 0.

No can register.

Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Bureaucrats... Acid Bath

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:02 pm

WTF , ........................
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 pm

That's friggin' ridiculous! But you're lucky they didn't seize it at the border when you came back in.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

I bought a 1997 California 75 anniversary in 2000. When I got the plate and papers it was registered as a Ducati. Dealer blamed the DMV. I had to take it in to the DMV to prove it wasn't a duck.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Moto GOOOZY? Who makes that?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 pm

My past two Moto Guzzis were registered with out incident in Massachusetts. However the title did not come in six months time for my V11 LM. I thought it must have gotten lost in the mound on my desk. After a fruitless search I called the registry. A few transfers later, along with the usual runaround, I finally spoke to someone that told me that this is a common problem. It seems their equipment doesn't like the "non-conforming" serial numbers Moto Guzzi uses. Of course no one does anything after it gets spit out to contact the title holder or manually re-enter the data. I received my title a week after I called. I waited only a month before I called about my GRiSO title. Same deal!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 am

AI or lack there off is already taking over Guys. Nuff Nuffs all around
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Bureaucracy seems to be the same everywhere. My guess is they are looking up the car manufacturer list, not the motorcycle (or whatever they happen to call it) list. I once went with a mate to register an import (Triumph Jubilee, I think). The local office refused to register it as the import do cements were only photocopies - took it to a bigger office that deals a lot with the motor trade - no difficulties whatsoever. Try another office, you might get lucky.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Hmm, have you been to Jim Hamlin's shop in Bethel CT. He might be able to suggest a more Guzzi friendly DMV in CT.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:37 pm

The only "real" option is to move to Tennessee and I'll absolutely certain you will get your Guzzi registered here. Besides...it's always great to add another MG rider to the Volunteer State.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Have done 3 in NJ w/o a problem. Good suggestion to call Jim Hamlin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
smddanny
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
smddanny

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Got it done on the third try.. I had to get a "complimentary" inspection.   After inspect they registered it and the title came in a week.  Obviously they know Moto Guzzi at the DMV but Paiggio did not file the requisite paper work with Connecticut and readily admitted same.   The NY Piaggio office said they were working to rectify this oversight but it didn't happen on my time scale the Inspection worked.  Its just silly.. they made me order in a tow truck and I gave the operator $80 for a receipt just so I could "prove" I towed it there.   The tow truck operator just made out the bill.. didn't even want to lift it although I made him lift it up so I could take a picture of the bike loaded on a flat bed.  Just stupid.

The inspector said they look at Guzzi and Aprilia all the time.. same issue.

Done now.. all registered.

I did call Hamlin... he knew of the problem and had a couple of choice words for the DMV but other than that .. was on my own.

New Haven PowerSports gave me Piaggio's number in NYC.   Now they have given up the Guzzi dealership.. although they still carry Aprilia and Vespa.. no more parts coming from them.  I don't understand that logic.. give up Guzzi and keep Aprilia?   Maybe they sell better?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Too many humans come without a brain...didn't know it was an option for some specimen. lol
My 07 GRiSO is registered as a Breva. No matter how I tried to talk sense into them, I failed miserably so I told them that the Earth was flat and those that come too close to the edge will eventually fall off and be sucked into space. Laughing
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't register a Stelvio....   Can't register a Stelvio.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can't register a Stelvio....
Page 1 of 1