GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Startus Interuptus

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kiwi_Roy
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Kiwi_Roy

GRiSO Startus Interuptus - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Startus Interuptus   GRiSO Startus Interuptus - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:42 am

Here again is the difference between an early 1100 2 Valve and the later 1200 4 Valve
Here is the 2006 just a single Start Relay fed direct from fuse "C" (strictly speaking through 2 fuses in series)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I suspect this didn't give too much trouble but the wire from relay to solenoid is far too small so change it out for sure.

And the 2008 downstream of the ignition switch from fuse 2
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This bike has 2 Start Relays but now the start relay is fed down stream of the ignition switch through a lot more wiring
Martin's video right near the start indicates what happens by the light going dim, his headlight is fed from the weak yellow wire that feeds the Start relay.
I believe the second Start Relay was added to later CARC bikes to counter the first relay dropping out on under Voltage, this is just at the very start while the
solenoid is pulling in to close the main solenoid contact. If it manages to close the cranking will be normal.
Again the wire from relay to solenoid is too small, change it out.

I am fairly sure if you have modified the 4 Valve with a direct fuse you can unplug the second relay, I don't have a 4 valve to play with so I can't try it.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Startus Interuptus   GRiSO Startus Interuptus - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Question for Roy.

The yellow & black feed for the Light Logic Relay (6), the GPS feed (7), and the Left Hand Light Switch (9) are connected to connector "L" on the generator (27) whilst the rest of the bikes electrics including the battery are fed from connector "B" on the generator.

I'm assuming the the "generator" is actually an alternator plus diode matrix combo, but what are the separate feeds from the "generator" connected to inside the "generator"?

I'm guessing that perhaps these feeds are designed to come alive once the motor is running to reduce the initial load on the battery while starting, but how is it achieved? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.guzzigander.com
Kiwi_Roy
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Startus Interuptus   GRiSO Startus Interuptus - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Sorry Dave, i'm not really sure but I think the green/black wire from the alternator is feeding the light relay and also the top 2 or 3 fuses.
I looked at the Norge drawings as well.
The alternator must include a Voltage regulator, but I don't know much about it, never had to look at mine.
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Startus Interuptus
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: