GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Status Interuptus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lindar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lindar

Status Interuptus Empty
PostSubject: Status Interuptus   Status Interuptus Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 am

Hello,

2008 1200 8v GRiSO with approximately 25k miles.

Spannering wise I’m ok but electrics not so good so apologise if some of what I say is rubbish.

Last weekend, went to start the bike, starter relay clicked but no start. Reading the Forum posts, the 15amp fuse (b) had blown and the dash functioned as normal when starter button pressed, so assumption was Startus Interuptus.

Connected a wire from battery to the yellow wire on the starter relay, pressed the starter button and the bike fired up, problem solved.

The wire from the battery comprises an inline fuse holder with 12awg wire, I added 14awg for extra length required, 20amp fuse in holder.

However noticed yesterday that the number plate light is permanently on and housing very hot, the front l/h indicator also failed, I have after market led indicators fitted.

From the wiring diagram in the workshop manual the yellow wire in the starter relay feeds the number plate light and the front l/h indicator through the ignition switch, if reading correctly connecting the wire direct from the battery shorts out the ignition switch so the yellow wire is permanently live, hence number plate light permanently on and possibly burned out the indicator resistor or the led itself.

I assume I’ve done something wrong, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Status Interuptus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Interuptus   Status Interuptus Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2024 8:12 am

I thought (never had to do the wiring mod myself) the 'mod' was to cut the combined yellow feed to relays; connect the fused battery to the free end going to the relays & 'just seal off' the end that comes from the switched ignition live (so that feed to indicators & rear licence plate remain controlled by ignition switch)....?

Back to top Go down
Lindar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lindar

Status Interuptus Empty
PostSubject: Status Interuptus   Status Interuptus Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2024 5:36 pm

Paul,

Thanks for the advice, cut the wire, jointed and sealed. All working now.

Keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status Interuptus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Interuptus   Status Interuptus Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Status Interuptus
Page 1 of 1