GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Technically, I'm a smart arse. Oh, and I've been called the "son of the devil" in the past. Does that count?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm

My 'sister of GRiSO' ticked over 50,000km this afternoon... couldn't think of a better bike.

(and now I have the spanner icon Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:33 pm

It felt like Spring! I put my warm weather trim on. The hand guards do their job but I like the look and feel without them and the stock mirrors.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Went out on the the annual Cobar Lighthorse Charity run to the Hermidale Pub.  This is an event run by the RSL and local car club that's open to cars and bikes and raises funds for the local war memorials.
Bikes well and truly outnumbered cars this year (about 40 bikes), mostly Harleys admittedly, and only one GRiSO, a couple of Ducatis and a smattering of Jap bikes.
A beer, a BBQ and a bit of music and some good company made for a good day.

Lonely white GRiSO in the middle

Cobar is seeing lot of emus at the moment - this is on the school oval.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:03 am

...tried to recruit another GRiSO rider to the cult in Ilkley yesterday, he was stopped in the rain on his way to the annual MOT check having just dragged it from hibernation. The GRiSO had decided it didn't want to run unless it was ticking over on it's side stand, as he was from Yorkshire I suggested he had left it parked up with cheap supermarket ethanol laced fuel and that he should fill it up with some Shell and give at good run, being from Yorkshire he seemed to wince at the suggestion of spending money.

5 minutes had passed and I suggested he sit the bike upright and give it a rev, the GRiSO had healed itself, he thanked me for stopping and rode on to his MOT test and I realised that I had been stood in the rain in my business suit.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:20 am

booked my GRiSO in for a service somewhere different this time. Very friendly and when i told them what bike i had the first question was "has it been rollerised" i almost fell over, they got the gig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:43 pm

sidrat wrote:
booked my GRiSO in for a service somewhere different this time. Very friendly and when i told them what bike i had the first question was "has it been rollerised" i almost fell over, they got the gig

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:02 pm

sidrat wrote:

They must have visited the Ghetto then. lol
Glad there is someone worthy in your area...
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:47 am

Hi Spike,

You have shown true GRiSO spirit!

GRiSO guys aren't into sainthood I'm sure; but the parable is that ......

rollered, termi'd and beetled rider met unenlightened fellow being, distressed in the ditch/by the wayside.

Ghetto fellow offers advice, encouragement and helps the unenlightened fellow traveller on to his destination.

Cost Ghetto fellow a soaking. Unenlightened fellow sets off without heeding offer and has many journeys to make before enlightenment (... if he's lucky and it starts!).

May GRiSO find new owner.
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:49 am

Hi Spike,

You have shown true GRiSO spirit!

GRiSO guys aren't into sainthood I'm sure; but the parable is that ......

rollered, termi'd and beetled rider met unenlightened fellow being, distressed in the ditch/by the wayside.

Ghetto fellow offers advice, encouragement and helps the unenlightened fellow traveller on to his destination.

Cost Ghetto fellow a soaking. Unenlightened fellow sets off without heeding offer and has many journeys to make before enlightenment (... if he's lucky and it starts!).

May GRiSO find new owner.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2018 4:29 am

Well Michael and I decided that all work and no play was making us very dull boys so we GRiSO’d Up and went for a flog down the coast via Nerriga and the Old Wool Road before heading back to Batemans Bay for fish and chips and then heading back up the Clyde to Bungendore.

It soon became very evident that Michael’s bike needs some suspension work as I was just leaving him for dead in the corners. I think my Matris set up is still around and I’ve also got that Ohlins set he can try. Then of course he’ll need a new shock......

He had a bit off a sook about me spraying him with stones as well. The Conti Sport Attacks I just put on are very, very nice! They won’t last long but blimey they’re fun! I tore ‘em up right to the edge coming back up the Clyde. Fantastic! Stick like shit to a blanket. Copped a bird in the shoulder at one point, that smarted a bit but otherwise very uneventful and we didn’t see a single walloper all day!

So much winning! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Went for an 80-ish mile ride to warm up the GRiSO for its first fluid change.  Rode through Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument, the old mining towns of Criple Creek, Victor and Goldfield and then headed home.  This photo was taken in Goldfield near one of the many old mining structures there.

Then it was home to the shop to change out al the fluids with 911 miles on the odometer.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 am

beetle wrote:
sidrat wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Just spotted this.
Are you able to let me know the name of the service centre?
My initial service was completed by Moto Forza - great service but sadly they closed.
Last year it went to a place in Loughborough but was left feeling underwhelmed by the experience.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Rode my "sister of GRiSO" to work again - 3rd 4th time this week. Getting in some match fitness for my romp up to the Ruptured Budgie Rally, in a bit over a week.

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Sat May 05, 2018 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2018 2:53 am

Getting a bit excited. Bike loaded up with swag and other assorted items for a trip over to Dungog tomorrow to see the parents. Onto Gloucester on Saturday morning to catch up with some mates at the Gloucester Motorcycle Expo. Camping there and then home the long way (haven't quite decided which way to go but I have 2 days to get home). Should be looking at about 2000kms in 4 days. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Adjusted the valves, did a throttle body synch and reset the TPS.  My thanks to Pete, Beetle and all others who've posted tech advice; the jobs (and the tool I had to fabricate) were easy.  I dropped my Motion Pro manometer, losing about half the mercury in the reservoir and rendering it useless.  I made a replacement from a yardstick, 14' of clear tubing and some 2T oil.  

Left intake valves were at 0.13mm; exhaust were at 0.15mm
Right intake valves were at 0.13mm; exhaust were at 0.10mm

As I prepped for the TB synch, I discovered both my throttle bleed screws were open.  Once I got the bike up to temp and checked the balance, the throttle bodies were out of synch by about 8" of 2T oil.  I got them down to about 1.5-2" of 2T oil.  

Took the bike out for a quick ride and it is definitely smoother in the 3000-4000 range.  It may be my imagination but it also seems to pull more smoothly in the lower end.

All in all, it was a great day in the shop...
Alden
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Pretty mundane maintenance today, did oil and all fluids and a good spit and polish going over.
ABC radio had its usual 90% female and apologist agenda on (living in the high country radio receptiojn is lousy unless you want to listen to modern FM kids crap). Any way its better to get worked up over politically correct crap than with the bike.
Ready for a blat tomorrow weather permitting-Bright to Omeo for a late cappa sounds good.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 am

I changed the oil on GRiSO's little sister, but I didn't spit on her.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 12:36 am

Found loose things. Tightened. Re-balanced. Went for weird and angry ride. First, knob in SUV doesn't give way to me. I shake fist and curse their parentage. Then, on the intersection of the road that takes me to the place I do logging runs, there's a pigs face. A black pigs face. Sitting on the road, snout skyward. Sliced off from just behind the ears to the bottom of the jaw. Looking at me. This doesn't bode well. Then as I zip along, some freaking cahn on a be-em-double-yoo Arse 9 T had the unmitigated gaul to look at me. Urge to kill rising, I turn and give chase. Wishing I had tyre shredding blades attached, I rage past. I imagine his shattered, smoking wreckage and twisted bloody corpse as I gleefully ride home to sup on bourbon.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 1:15 am

Wow Mark, AKA Fred Frenzy Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 1:50 am

Good ride today,
met up with some of the local IMOC (Italian Motorcycle Owners Club)

Added a couple of riders from Rotorua and made for Whakamaru, took mostly back roads.

Interesting back roads, due to the weather lately, there was a heap of roadworks with one lane etc,
coupled with tractor tracks and cow s**t.

Rode back along Old Taupo Rd and over the Kaimais.
And home for lunch

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 2:01 am

waterbottle wrote:
Wow Mark, AKA Fred Frenzy Shocked Laughing

Definitely not feeling Zen today.

Mad

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 2:25 am

F the world Mark Evil or Very Mad
Mr Gpz. Glen , yours is still the best of the bunch Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 am

Decided to synch my TBs again. Just didn't seem to be idling smooth. Reset TPS and adaptions went for a short ride. I think it is better but could just be me want it to.

Heading out Thursday for Boone NC and will ride Back of the Dragon and the Snake while on this trip.

The Back of the Dragon is 32 miles of twistie roads in some beautiful country
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 2:30 pm

The Dragon has always been on my bucket list. Enjoy and ride safe.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next