GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Wot Pete says - classic symptoms of this gasket gone... The oil pressure switch either works or doesn't. Please order a pair of gaskets for the sump (about $25) - takes about 0.5 hour to replace - great peace of mind ensues.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Ah, thanks for the heads up, guys. Great fun is afoot, then. I'll keep an ear out.

Is there any visual evidence to look for like oil loss or streaking on the exterior?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Nah, all internal. There are photos "somewhere" on this site from mine - I'll see if I can find em.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is what happens to the gasket - it then just leaks out the side.

Once your sump is off, there are a further 4 screws required to get this bit off - replace gasket, bolt up, replace sump gasket, bolt up, fill up with oil, go ride. Like I said peace of mind.
I never did find the missing bits! The 4 screws were only finger tight, so might have been like that from the factory. Surprised
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks, Tony.  I've just placed an AF1 order for their last two spacer gaskets (one backup because my luck sucks).  I already have some sump gaskets, oil, and filter on-hand.  I kind of wish there was a more definite way to diagnose this.  scratch

Edit: Any special tools required?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:35 pm

No. Just metric allen keys and patience - I've some some patience in a box somewhere, though. I can never find it when I need it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:16 am

With the 8V’s there are a couple more bolts involved to remove the second oil pick-up but it’s still straightforward and obvious.

Generally though it isn’t the fact that the gasket on the supply side has blown out, it’s the fact that when it does it it also blows out the gasket on the pick-up gallery. Oddly enough the pump finds it easier to *suck*, (I hate that word!) air than oil and it all goes downhill from there......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:09 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
No. Just metric allen keys and patience - I've some some patience in a box somewhere, though. I can never find it when I need it.

I thought patience came in a bottle?
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 am

Patience...
So, rather than risk any drama, I passed up a group ride with a small group of friends over the weekend.  One of them said "Your bike is too new for pressure senors to be going out."  The guy rides a refrigerator on wheels (Kawa Vulcan) and refuses to even change his own oil. Wanker.  If patience came in a bottle, I'd be guzzling it down by the gallon.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 pm

With the Easter long weekend coming up I thought it would be a good opportunity to do an overnight ride to get away from the long, straight roads of western NSW. Then the daughter rings up and announces that she is going to grace us with her presence over Easter. Don't get to see her much so there go my plans, but I thought seeing as she has a 6 hour drive to get here, I would go out for a day ride on Friday.
Left Cobar not long after 6.30am - with the eastern sky just starting to brighten but the sun rise still a way off. With the large number of roos' usually around I was initially taking it very easy but after about 15 minutes I hadn't seen any so I picked up the pace. By the time the sun rose I had only seen one roo. There were probably a hundred that I didn't see but what you can't see can't hurt you, right?
Anyway, the sun rises which is normally a nice time of the day but I was travelling due east so I copped the full brunt of that blazing ball of glariness for the next 20 minutes or so. Quick stop at Nyngan for a pee break then on to Warren for a petrol stop. Got a bit of a surprise that A HWP car was out on the road at that time. Don't usually see them out her until mid morning at least. With double demerit points for the long weekend it was a warning to look out.
Warren on to Gilgandra - roads still pretty straight. Gilgandra on to Coonabarabran - Newell Highway so plenty of trucks and a smattering of other easter traffic but not too bad a section.
Coonabarabran had four HWP vehicles in or around the place - another warning to keep speeds down.
From Coona it was into the Warrumbungles. Never ridden through here before and it was a nice ride but only a 60km/h zone for most of it and the road surface was not fantastic - resurfaced for a good bit which meant that nasty ball bearing type gravel all over the place.
Through the metropolis of Tooraweenah and back to the pub at Gilgandra for lunch.
I wasn't looking forward to the ride home - back to the long boring stretches but it had to be done. I was very lucky with a couple of near misses with the HWP constabulary - the Goddess of GRiSO riders must have been looking down on me.
Arrived home about 4pm. Totalled just over 800kms and the GRiSO ran sweet.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Matt, you remind me of one of the benefits of being over here. I can't hardly believe the increase of Nazi revenue collectors in black and whites there now, at least compared to when I left.

You guys are welcome to come visit and ride here for a while if you have a little more need for speed.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Winner Matt. That's exactly the reason why "Black Betty" has a rest on double demerit periods. She likes to get up and go and who am I to stop her? Today is a nice day for a ride, but...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:13 pm

Well, I had some great S&M fun today.
A mate needed to bed in his ring and scrub a few rubbers, so I volunteered to show him the rope.

A 200k run over Mt Tamborine and a loop round upper Beechmont and return.
Food and beverages were included, not a po po insight .................. and just a little sideways action.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:09 am

Took mine for a spin today. Love it. Smooth and fast Razz Too bad our lead rider is called captain slow Razz

The bike seems to prefer rpm's over the 4000. Not bad. Only thing i noticed was some condensation in the speedo.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:38 pm

Sump spacer gasket is now replaced. Good call and thanks to Pete and Tony for their timely caution. The gasket was indeed broken.  Some minor drama with some rounded screws on the exhaust heat-shield, but all worked out with only one visit to the hardware store.

Last edited by opc on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Eggcelent!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:13 pm

As Pete says, Winner, winner, chicken dinner...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:09 am

Took GRiSO out for a squirt. Logged the map. Weirdness abounds. I think it's time to checkem valves. It's done about 3000km.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 am

What weirdness? Need to know in case it’s build related. We’re in Perth/WA at the moment but keep me in the loop.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Map related. I'm not seeing the expected AFR's. Either I've made a boo boo, the logging gear is out of whack, or it needs a tune. Regardless, it runs perfectly and pulls like a freight train.

Brain is in rack mode.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
relayer
Carlotto
Carlotto
relayer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Took a ride out to Red Rock, great weather today!

cheers
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:12 pm

^^^Simply awesome

Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 am

Ordered the Kriega Duo 36 for the GRiSO Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:45 am

Rode it Friday, Saturday and Sunday - I’m planning on getting buried with it when my time comes. lol!
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

GRiSO took me out for Coffee. Unfortunately we got side tracked and ended up on the old Pacific Hwy, which we travelled along a number of times before stopping to partake in a nice hot brew!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 pm

The old "Road Warriors Cafe" huh. Was one of my haunts when I lived in Sydney.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next