GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 am

Pete, i didn't know there was a recall for the Carc bearing?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 am

had a visit by Marmike, who is looking at a great deal for a non rollerised GRiSO, hope it comes off, rode mine the requistite three metres, so thats the December bike ride completed.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 am

Heard that they used some cheaper chinese bearings in the carc and they got recalled. The whole carc was replaced i believe.
I had to repair a friend's carc after he took it to get fixed at a guzzi dealer in Brisbane. They returned it to him in a milk crate and thirty pieces and told him it couldn't be fixed. And charged him $180

The locknut on the input spline had worked loose and ground up the thread a little. Symptoms were louder than normal gear changes... i bet !

Replaced all the bearings and recut the thread. There was still plenty of thread under the nut just a bit thin leading up to it, no real harm done.
$300 in bearings and a few new locknuts. Fixed. And still fine after 10,000+km later.

Interesting is that guzzi don't sell any bits inside the carc, only the carc as a whole and that $3500

Good reason to look after that bevel!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 am

Having had a couple of wiring issues I went through the loom and squirted a bit of ACF in all the ‘molex’ Style connectors I could find - Battery voltage on the display went up by 0.3V - woohoo win!

As a celebration I took the shiny new tyre to do some skids, managed 7 miles at 7’C with my open face helmet on before a cup o’tea Beckoned me - my heated grips worked better though.

The wife asked if the little hairs keep the tyre warm?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:35 am

Spike, surely you left your tyre warmers on :-)!!!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 am

deep cleaning continues...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Milk Crate.
One of Man's better Creations!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:21 pm

knumbnutz wrote:
Heard that they used some cheaper chinese bearings in the carc and they got recalled.  The whole carc was replaced i believe.

My 2005 Breva 1100 CARC bearing shat its pants just after I had purchased it new.  At the time, I was told the bearing was made by Electrolux, in Sweden.  Apparently, it was the decision of a bean counter at the factory to save a couple of dollars (lire, Euro, whatever).

Yes, the whole CARC was replaced, the original was supposedly sent back to the factory.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Pat, those pod "filters" suck, big time!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:19 pm

yeah maybe, but did you check out my new shorty zorsts???

with the clever use of RAM effect, they should provide plenty of backpressure!!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

megaphones, indeed!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 am

Went for a short but spirited ride up to Ingham, (Boring as batshit Bruce highway.) and then 80 enjoyable kms thrashing through the cane fields. We stopped at a small beach settlement for a bite to eat and a drink where we were engaged in conversation by two of the most boring men on the planet!

They told us that they had gold wings because they didn't need to go fast but needed cruise control to avoid getting tickets. scratch one of them, (He could bore for Australia!) was one of those people who has to talk with their mouth open and had stringy bits of spitty phlegm stretched across the corners that I was terrified were going to snap and start flying at me as he got excited! Luckily he was so dull the excitement level wasn't exceeded!

My God! It's almost a cabal!

Note pool of rapidly drying spittle in front of Greg's bike....

Needless to say the heavily policed Bruce Highway was dry but the back roads, where we still had fun, it pissed down most of the time. Good practice though.

Pete

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:18 am

Orange! Good!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:20 am

If you are coming back through Brisbane, let me know and ill buy u a beer

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 am

Thanks, but we'll probably be heading inland from Rocky, especially given that the Cyclone is reforming to the north.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:19 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Went for a short but spirited ride up to Ingham, (Boring as batshit Bruce highway.) and then 80 enjoyable kms thrashing through the cane fields. We stopped at a small beach settlement for a bite to eat and a drink where we were engaged in conversation by two of the most boring men on the planet!

They told us that they had gold wings because they didn't need to go fast but needed cruise control to avoid getting tickets. scratch one of them, (He could bore for Australia!) was one of those people who has to talk with their mouth open and had stringy bits of spitty phlegm stretched across the corners that I was terrified were going to snap and start flying at me as he got excited! Luckily he was so dull the excitement level wasn't exceeded!

Note pool of rapidly drying spittle in front of Greg's bike....

Needless to say the heavily policed Bruce Highway was dry but the back roads, where we still had fun, it pissed down most of the time. Good practice though.

Pete

Great story, tho it made eating breakfast a bit of a challenge. Wink

First pic is especially fine. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Shit Pete, did you clean your bike?!? Suspect
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 pm

A threesome of Grisos is an optic orgy
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

One is a Cabal, 2 or more is a big cabal
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 pm

well, you need, what, two to form the inner circle (albeit somewhat linear at that point  Rolling Eyes )...
then just add 2 Sports and a V7 and viola  cheers  A Cabal forms adjacent!!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:06 pm

So let's see... An orange GRiSO a green GRiSO.... a black GRiSO..... But not a 'real' one in the bunch???? Where's the 4v??? Thumbs Up affraid
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:16 pm

8V = 2 x 4V = More better.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:58 pm

beetle wrote:
8V = 2 x 4V = More better.

cheers

Indeed! It's gooder!
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:54 pm

More Gooder. A phrase a certain Brazilian customer, Sergio, used to use.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 pm

More torgue me thinks.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:02 am

Well after overnighting in Rockhampton last night after four hours or so of 'Tropical' rain on the way from Townsville we headed back to Narrabri tonight before heading home tomorrow. The weather forecast was so bloody inclement over Saturday/Sunday/Monday that we bailed out early, even Peter and Kerry thought it wise!

Today we still got two hours of rain so hard visibility was down to fifty metres max! On a 900km day that makes a difference!

Narrabri is still good, ate at the same pub which does a very nice antipasto platter and then had a somewhat disappointing Pizza.

Low point of the night was getting bailed up by a senile monobrow in the bar after supper.

"Saw your shirt! Guess what type of bike I ride!"

(Oh fuck, not tonight. I've driven nearly a thousand Km. I don't need this!) "I'm sorry but how would I know? Something Italian I'd guess?" (Go away. Please! Find someone else! Anyone! I'll even buy you and them a beer!)

"I've got a Moto Morini! One of the new ones! They only sold five here but they're really popular in Europe!"

"What? So they sold twelve?"

"No, no. They're really popular, sold lots. I've had a 'Proffessional' work on mine. Put open pipes on it and took the air filter out! It goes like a rocket and sounds great!"

"What FI system do they use? Is it the Sagem?, (A quick search suggests its a digitek system but I haven't looked hard.) I don't know anything much about that."

"Dunno about that but it goes good and is really loud!"

Then the 'Coup de Grace'

"Are you a member of the Ulysses Club?"

I only wish I had hair! If I did I could dye it and pretend that I was too young to be a Ulysses member. As it is every senile shitgibbon with a leaky bladder and terrible breath thinks I want to be their best buddy because I ride a motorbike. No! Wrong! I hate being old! It sucks! I'm certainly not going to become a 'Member' of any organisation that prides itself on its exclusion of anybody who doesn't have to carry an Oxiviver with them and who can still achieve an erection in under five hours if the triggers are right!

Life is for living! Save me! I'm drowning in a sea of senescence! Next thing they'll be asking me if I'd like to come and see their caravan and would I like nice cup of tea and FUCKING BISCUIT!

The answer is NO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next