GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:57 am

usedtobefast wrote:
Did first valve check today, at 905 miles total.  

Good news - valve covers were spotless inside!  No mayo.  

A bit concerning ... all 8 valves needed adjusting.

All intakes were at 0.13mm, reset to 0.10 mm
All exhausts were at 0.18mm, reset to 0.15mm

With this identical "off-ness", could they just have been set a bit loose from the factory?
I wouldn’t be concerned, especially when all exhausts were the same and likewise with the inlets. As you said they were probably like that from the factory. Congrats with the new bike.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 am

What Cat said. I believe the factory changed the spec from 0.1/0.15 to 0.15/0.2 during the flat tappet fiasco, in some deluded attempt to reduce the damage. Or did I imagine that?

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 am

No.. not jealous at all 😭
That would be on my bucket list!

One thing that is hard to comprehend from my side of the world is summer only riding or only riding 6months of the year. You must really appreciate when summer comes around.

MaPol wrote:
I started the season in February already, but it was only the last weekend when I was riding longer. Lake of Como of course, how boooring... Not at all. Only 240 kms away and the south side of the Alps already had 22 degrees. The only chilling thing was the San Bernardino Pass at 1600 m sea level but despite of the 9 degrees it was amazing. Sunny, dry roads and masses of snow all around. When leaving the tunnel the odo already showed 13 degrees which rapidly increased to 19 while descending on the hairpins way to Lugano. Next day I popped in at Agostini in Mandello and they had the new V85TT in front of the shop. It took 5 minutes to arrange a 30 minutes slot for testing it and it was worth it. The rest of the weekend was sheer fun. Perfect summer-like weather, icecream in Verona, roaming around the lake and Bergamo, Italy at its best.
I did 1000 kms, the GRiSO behaved perfectly, can’t await the summer and a longer test ride with my dealer’s V85TT. Once it arrives.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Today I changed the brake fluid, front and rear. I don’t think it had ever been done in the bike’s 10 years of existence. The brakes feel much better now!
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:42 pm

[quote="  

With this identical "off-ness", could they just have been set a bit loose from the factory?[/quote]

Yes
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm

They are usually loose ex-factory.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

GuZeee wrote:
Today I changed the brake fluid, front and rear. I don’t think it had ever been done in the bike’s 10 years of existence. The brakes feel much better now!

Have you done the clutch fluid? They are murder on clutch fluid.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Great day for a tear around the lake. Couldn't be running any better, and the EBC HH brake pads, wonderful![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stopped at the local road house for a snack. It was f ing delicious.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
GuZeee wrote:

Have you done the clutch fluid? They are murder on clutch fluid.

Pete

I did the clutch fluid not too long ago, when I had clutch issues after reassembling everything. And yes it was a real mess, with all kinds of gunk in the master cylinder. Might be worth checking again!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Took GRiSO Rosso out for a proper ride to evaluate the new Stelvio shock and lowered footpegs.  The ride  was about a 140 mile loop through Deckers and Pine Junction, west over Kenosha Pass and then back home via Tarryall Road.  It is a great test loop since it includes lots of good twisties, cattle guards and a mix of good/ new blacktop and blacktop well past its "sell by" date.  

The new shock is a definite winner.  No more spine jarring or standing on the pegs when I ride over cattle guards or broken road surfaces.  I was even looking for bumps to run over to make sure I was not imagining the improved ride quality.  

The lowered footpegs from AF1 are also a winner.  The footpegs actually have two positions; when I installed them, I did not notice that they were shipped with the footpegs installed in the 1.5" position, vice the 1" extension.  Anyway, the extra inch and a half make a big difference in the leg comfort.  

I filled the bike up at the start and again at the end of the ride.  With 134 miles on the odometer, it took 2.83 gallons to fill the tank back up for a calculated fuel consumption of 47.3 mpg.

This photo was taken on Tarryall Road; most of the lake is still frozen and there were tents on the ice and people ice fishing.  Yes, our riding season is too short...
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Not quite a ride today, but finished putting the video together today. A ride through the central land of the South Island NEw Zealand to a little place called Beaumont.

Fantabulous!!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 pm

I rode it, I DID! I DID! My non-GRiSO, courtesy of a mechanic who wanted my ute the whole day for a 1 hour job. So I awarded myself an RDO. Dropped ute off at 8am and gonski!

Bella and I headed over Mt Tamborine to Canungra for the first coffee stop. Dave rang and said his planned day had been shot to pieces and could he join me on his ZX10R. We met at Nerang an hour later and headed for Upper Beechmont for lunch.

Sorry, no photos of old farts and food. We are both on soft food/slush & liquids due to dental reasons.

Sprinkles appeared as we left Beechmont but we left them behind for another squirt up the goat track and over Tamborine again. Some beautiful scenery, mountains and sea views, must stop sometime instead of snatching a glance.

I think I could lean it a little more ...................
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Yeah. Try harder ya poofter! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ranga
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Ranga

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 pm

I have bolted on the standard muffler today, prior to getting a RWC tomorrow to register the GRiSO in my name on Wednesday. That is going to be an expensive day.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 am

Charged the battery today. Next week it's going to be a Sunny 20 deg C here in Holland. Time for a good spin and prep her for a trip to the Alps and see the Guzzi factory in a couple of weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am

Saturday I met up with the Sydney guys from MGOA for lunch at Taralga.
It was a good turnout with over 30 riders, but mine was the only GRiSO.

We then spent the afternoon taking the back roads to Jugiong and over nighting at the campsite - although most of the dark hours were spent at the pub. Laughing
It must've been a good night as I was rather unsteady in the morning..... pale

Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:13 am

went to ellis beach ol skool bike show spotted this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Old school, just the bare bones.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Finally got around to fixing the oil leaks. Not one but one major and two minor.
The breather on the left cylinder had an old flattened o-ring and loads of silastic.
The inspection plate on the left side near the timing pickup had a flattened o-ring and the peace d resistance.. the oil switch pisses oil out through the resin in the connector.
New switch and o-ring and its all tickertyboo.
How many have had leaking oil pressure switches?

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by knumbnutz on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Me
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:15 am

I had one fall apart on a Cali 1100 years ago. There was so much oil falling out I would have emptied the sump had I continued.

No replacement pressure switch available in the small town I was stranded in, but managed to find a bolt to plug the hole until a new one was obtained.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:22 am

dennis the menace wrote:
went to ellis beach ol skool bike show spotted this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Uses the front brakes to stop - not!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:28 pm

New rear tyre. Another Conti Sport Attack. Me likey new tyres. Me particularly like Conti Sport Attack. It grip like shit to blanket and wear well. Unfortunately it also wear quickly! Worth it to me! When I stuff it into corner it bites hard and a bit of wee escapes!
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:56 am

knumbnutz wrote:
Finally got around to fixing the oil leaks. Not one but one major and two minor.
The breather on the left cylinder had an old flattened o-ring and loads of silastic.
The inspection plate on the left side near the timing pickup had a flattened o-ring and the peace d resistance.. the oil switch pisses oil out through the resin in the connector.
New switch and o-ring and its all tickertyboo.
How many have had leaking oil pressure switches?

Sent from Topic'it App

Me too, pressure switch on the V50 Nato. It was leaking from the inside out. Stange to see oil come out of the electric plug Razz
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm

I did this.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next