12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Throttle Body balancing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:58 am

Not sure why Davida does that except it does allow the 5mm very long stubs to be screwed into the 6 mm stubs. But if you want to fit them permanently (rather than lose them in the back of garage), the thread allows you to put a 5mm bolt in and ride around as usual. Also means you can spend longer checking balance as you can ride around normally between checking with gauges. The £4.80 is replacements; originals came with the kit....
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:48 am

OK, I guess I am just old and thick headed but I cannot for the life of me determine what hose I need to remove to do the TB Balance.  Beetle showed me a pic from this thread but still I can't figure it out.

So here are two pictures, is either one of these hoses the one I need to remove, or is it another.  I need to get this done on my new  to me GRiSO.  Thanks

Is it this hose:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Or this one or another entirely  

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
paulbrice
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:19 am

It'll be the first one, the second is the injector body..... Guess with US variants there are more vacuum returns for emissions re-cycle so you get the braided pipe and connector as well.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:22 am

cognosticator wrote:
OK, I guess I am just old and thick headed but I cannot for the life of me determine what hose I need to remove to do the TB Balance.  Beetle showed me a pic from this thread but still I can't figure it out.

So here are two pictures, is either one of these hoses the one I need to remove, or is it another.  I need to get this done on my new  to me GRiSO.  Thanks

Is it this hose:

Or this one or another entirely  

The one in the first photo is the one, you need to remove the bolt from the throttle body on both cylinders and screw in the adapters to connect the hoses that come with your Carbtune or whatever you are using to balance the TB's.

The injector is what you are pointing to in the second photo, do not touch that! Thumbs Up

Apologies, Paul has already set you on the right track,
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks guy I really appreciate the help.  I just wanted to be sure.  

This will make it a snap, I am going with a Beetle map, then do the rest, TB sync, reset TPS  etc.

I am in the middle of changing tires on her, the original ones are flat spotted and scary when turning in a tun, the new Pirelli Angle GT's will feel great once I get her all buttoned up.

Last edited by cognosticator on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 am

I'm guessing just put connector instead of screw 10. Evap circuit will then be shut-out

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Ahh. I was confused by your green moniker. If it had been blue, I would have told you that you had an evap canister attached. My apologies!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
cognosticator
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks for all the help, today I got Beetles map installed, synched the TB's, reset TPS and Adaptions and now it is raining and suppose to all day damnit.

I can tell the bike starts and idles like it should have, not rough and coughing like it was.

Thanks again for a great community
Back to top Go down

Throttle Body balancing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: