12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Throttle Body balancing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bar1976
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bar1976

Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:17 am

I don´t think so, because in Beetle map the O2 sensors are switched OFF.
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Side question on this same topic ...

So if a GRiSO runs great, owner is happy happy with all running performance ... any real need to check this?

I just did my 900 mile first service, bike runs awesome so I kind of skipped the throttle body balancing part. Smile
Back to top Go down
josv
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
josv

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Hello, i have made a camshaft modification, and adjusted the throttle valve and TPS as mentioned in this topic, but still i have higher revs while idling, when i start the engine, it goes directly to 2000 rpm. after 15 seconds it falls back to 1400, but the early 1100 it does not do that anymore.: i was wondering by changing the camshafts with roller types, is there a change in valve lift, or another speed in lifting or closing that explains why the idling revs are so high ? for the rest it seems to that fuel consumption is lower from 6.3 ltr/100km and now its about 6 ltr/100 km. it gives more backfiring noise when closing the throttle, and acts a little bit more nerveuce on the throttle engagement. For the rest its still a great bike to drive. Greetings Jos
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:26 pm

What year model?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Josv. I have a Beetle map in my 2013 GRiSO and when I start it, it sometimes (not always) goes straight to around 2000, 2500 rpm and then drops down to around 1500 and then again down to 1100. It usually only happens when the engine is warm though.
Back to top Go down
josv
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
josv

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Hello Pete, i have a GRiSO from 2009 with 41000 km. with K en N filter and Akrapovic exhaust, i noticed that the air bleed valves were open while adjusting the TPS etc. i was sure that i did make a good job by cleaning the surfaces of the air intake gaskets, and perhaps i have to check the gauges ? Gr. Jos
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Get rid of the K&N, it does nothing but upset things. The bike will require remapping. The factory GRS8V03 map is the last factory GRiSO map, it's OK but pretty pedestrian. Dunno if Mark has anything suitable for a Krapovic pipe? Has it got a dB killer? If not stick one in. The 8V does not like an open pipe.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:18 am

wyno wrote:
Josv. I have a Beetle map in my 2013 GRiSO and when I start it, it sometimes (not always) goes straight to around 2000, 2500 rpm and then drops down to around 1500 and then again down to 1100. It usually only happens when the engine is warm though.

Exactly the same with my 1100 GRiSO. When warm, when I start it goes to 2000 and then back to normal after few seconds.
Back to top Go down
DaSwami
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
DaSwami

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:27 pm

usedtobefast wrote:
Side question on this same topic ...

So if a GRiSO runs great, owner is happy happy with all running performance ... any real need to check this?  

I just did my 900 mile first service, bike runs awesome so I kind of skipped the throttle body balancing part.  Smile  

+1...looking to buy my first GRiSO but seems a bit high strung vs the V7III Milano I currently own (and will keep). Is this a factory recommended maintenance item with a set interval or just an enthusiast's way of fine tuning performance?

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:51 pm

"Highly strung" isn't how I'd describe it, but the 8V is sensitive to a misbalance, especially the GRiSO with the asymmetric exhaust.

If you feel your bike is running OK, no one here will take offence if you don't balance your TB's at the first service, but you're really doing yourself a disservice if you don't. A well tuned 8V is a lovely thing, and simply can't be compared to a single throttle body V7 engine.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DaSwami
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
DaSwami

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:16 pm

So, assuming the TB's are balanced at the first service, how long should the adjustment be good for?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Body balancing   Throttle Body balancing - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Theoretically a long time. Having said that if the valve clearances are changed, even slightly, it affects the cam timing, (Well, the valve timing to be accurate.) and therefore the breathing so the procedure should be repeated. It's so easy I can't see any reason not to.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Throttle Body balancing
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: