GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO

Go down 
+3
Dave Swanson
beetle
Stacka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stacka
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Stacka

Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:41 am

Hi all,

Well my bike runs well but my fuel light has come on at 140 klm's and it smells fuely all the time.

I actually thought there my be a fuel leak but my garage floor is clean and no noticeable leaks anywhere.

Anyway, I'm yet to re-fuel to see if the fuel light is coming on prematurely but regardless it's pretty obvious my bike's running rich with the fuel smell.

Fwiw the previous owner told me my GRiSO was re-mapped by some mob who also does a well known race rider's bike but tbh that doesn't mean much to me and particular given how rich the bike is running.

So my question is, how do I get this beatle map and are there any instructions for a novice in how to download it onto my bike.

I've never played with mapping before so I don't know what cables to get, where to plug it in and how I then plug my MacBook air into it etc etc.

If anyone can assist me here I'd appreciate.

It seems all I'm doing is asking people for advice and assistance but I guess once I've done some things I can return the compliment to other new riders in the future. I mean, that's how we learn and why we have this great forum right???
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 am

That would be "Beetle" map, and you can get it from my website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The howto is available on this forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or as a PDF file: LINKY

Seems your bike was remapped by the "they run lean from the factory, so let's pour heaps of fuel in" crowd. 140km is ridiculous.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Clowell likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 am

Stacka,  have no fear.  The "how to" is excellent.  And the map will do wonders for your GRiSO.  If I can manage to this successfully I would imagine most anyone can.  

You will also need to set the valve lash per the Roper/Beetle recommended gap, and do a proper throttle body synchronization.  The end result will amaze you!

If they ran this good from the factory they may have sold them by the ship load!  Smile

AND, before beginning the tuneup locate the "sacred screw". Make sure this is not touched!

Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Stacka. Its all pretty easy. You'll need the appropriate map off Beetle and Ive got cables, laptop, shed and cold beer if you want to ride up to Maleny. PM me if you interested.
Back to top Go down
Rick Newing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Rick Newing

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:03 am

Hey Stacka, I have the right beetlemap but no idea what to do. I am in Tewantin
Cheers Rick
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:32 am

In a few weeks/months I'm going to be going up north so if you can't get it loaded I can drop in.
Back to top Go down
Rick Newing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Rick Newing

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Hey Pete, thanks for the offer. The bike is getting rollerised at the moment and I an not expecting it back until early December.
Cheers Rick
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:50 pm

How come it's taking so long?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm

One proviso - that the sacred screw has not been messed with. I was with Mark recently and we saw two Stelvios that had been "Dyno Tuned" by shaved apes aka DO NOT TOUCH THE SCARED SCREW but did anyway, because even though they've never seen or worked on a Moto Guzzi before - "they knew what they were doing" - NOT!
Mark tried to get one back to scratch but the TPS must have been reset at some point and it was not achievable. The second Mark identified it had been fiddled with and walked away.

Pete you might get enquiries on an unmolested throttle body set in the near future. Then again you may not.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Michael fixed Mick Elphick's yesterday, (He was one of the blokes at the Fringe.) He is so much better at it than me. The fact he used to work with one of the premier carburettor and throttlebody men in NSW might have something to do with it. Ape who 'Knew what he was doing' had buggered about with both the sacred screw and the TB linkage but luckily hadn't had any equipment to recalibrate the TPS so we were able to get it fairly close by resetting the screw to a reading of 4.8 but a lot of buggering about was required with the linkage rod and then further screw adjustments to get it sweet.

Ape had told him that after his work it made ten more horsepower! Bloody thing barely ran!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Good Pete, glad there was at least one resurrection! When an engine is doing zero rpm, 10 horsepower is great, but unproveable.

Michael is a talent, isn't he.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO   Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:01 pm

That's good news!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

Who sells the Beatle map and is there instructions to Download it to my GRiSO
Page 1 of 1