12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank pressure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Should my gas tank let out a scream like it's about to explode every time I open it?. There seems to a lot of pressure built up when I open to refill the tank, is this normal? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Nope. The vent or charcoal canister system is blocked somehow I'd guess.
Back to top Go down
Griso Tom
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Tom

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Nope. The vent or charcoal canister system is blocked somehow I'd guess.

Thank Pete, here is what I've done but it had pressure before doing this. Evap removed, tip valve and breather along with plugs to vent lines from tank open to atmosphere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am

I had a similar problem on my sport where the water was not draining away and when you open the petrol cap water poured into the tank, may be the same type of problem.

it was the metal spigot tube, theres one for water disposal and one for tank pressure/fuel venting - it needs to be cleared (i.e drilled out) if it's blocked.

Afraid it's a tank off for this to check
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
kiwi dave

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 am

BrianD wrote:
it was the metal spigot tube, theres one for water disposal and one for tank pressure/fuel venting - it needs to be cleared (i.e drilled out) if it's blocked.

I had a similar problem with a Breva 1100 tank years ago.  The metal spigot tube is not straight, so a normal drill cannot be used to clear it.

I used a short piece of speedometer cable inner on the end of a battery drill to clear it.  It took some time, but the water problem vanished.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guzzigander.com
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

Tank pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank pressure   Tank pressure Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:35 am

Those 2 clear hoses should be closed, looks like the blind plugs are lost.
They're airbox drains, been open dust or whatever small enough can be sucked in the airbox.
Back to top Go down

Tank pressure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: