GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Kaoko cruise control

Go down 
+4
JohnA
waterbottle
beetle
Evans
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Kaoko cruise control Empty
PostSubject: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:08 am

Before I retired I used to buy a bike from eBay UK pick it up in England and ride across Europe to Spain, Italy or the South of France where I would be working and use the bike as my transport.
All up it was a three day ride and not being able to take my hand off the throttle and rest it gets tiresome.
I fitted a Kaoko cruise control to the Cagiva Elefant and have just ordered one for the GRiSO.
They work by screwing on to the handgrip and holding it at a setting. Usually you leave it loose and the throttle works normally. You can shut the throttle down without having to loosen off the Kaoko.
The Kaoko are the only units I could find that are unobtrusive.
Search for ebay- Kaoko Motorcycle Cruise Control for Moto Guzzi GRiSO V8 - to check them out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lehctim likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am

I had one on my GRiSO. Hated it. It's now in my junk pile.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 am

They work ok , if your on a straight and level run.
But it’s not a cruise control.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:08 am

I use the Go Cruise throttle lock. Had it about 5 years. Not an elegant solution though.

Lehctim likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:31 am

I bought one for the Stelvio, installed it, used it, maybe three times...

Biggest waste of money I've ever spent on a motorcycle. As a practical matter, it is completely useless to me. It's also horribly overpriced for what it is.

That's my opinion.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Lehctim likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:00 pm

I have one for a Stelvio around somewhere. I tried it and found it to be a huge, king sized pain in the arse!

In all honesty having spent most of my riding life wrestling with twin 36 or 40mm DellOrto carburettors with grotesquely heavy springs the throttle action on any FI bike seems so feather light as to not really be an issue! Having said that Just about the only thing I liked about my Cali 1400 was its cruise control and I'd really like a *Real* cruise control on the GRiSO but throttle locks simply don't do it for me. Someone, (Moto? Roy?) actually sent me detailed instructions on how to fit a cruise control to my bike but I simply haven't been able to drum up the enthusiasm to do it yet.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:10 pm

They are only really any use on long distance rides and on those stretches where you're not going to be changing your speed.
They're the only opition that I've come across that don't look like dogs balls.
Turned down and not affecting the throttle the rest of the time they are not in your face.
Yes they are expensive for what they are.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Unlike Pete I have only owned Japanese bikes prior to the GRiSO. They all had light girly throttles. The GRiSO throttle is not heavy by DellOrto standards, but I have used throttle locks from time to time. The Omni-Cruise, and the Kaoko. The Omni could be used for about 3 seconds before it was overcome by the throttle return springs. The Kaoko was better, but operating it was tiresome. Now that I have lateral epicondylitis in my right forearm due to having to lift up the heaviest motorcycle in the world (Stelvio), I have on occasion the urge to rest one's throttle arm. I bought an Atlas ages ago (prior to my Stelvio incident), but could never get it to work. I have since managed to get it to function, but it only works at $1.20 in 6th. That's fine by me.

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 pm

I did install an electronic cruise control some years ago. It still works very well, and the small polished switch housing is not obtrusive at all. The instructions I posted are still out there in the web somewhere!
Moto
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:37 pm

I use this super simple friction type throttle lock, works perfectly every time. Cheap and easy, just the way we like 'em.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaoko cruise control   Kaoko cruise control Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kaoko cruise control
Page 1 of 1