GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cruise control?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 am

Anyone else interested?

One thing I thought was utterly brilliant about the Cali 1400 was the fact that it has a cruise control. On our walloper-infested highways the boring, pedestrian, bits you have to cover to get to the places you can have fun with a degree of impunity are are long and tiresome and I always find myself 'Pushing the envelope'.

I've just approached a local manufacturer of cruise controls with a view of helping them develop a system for the 8V and most specifically the GRiSO as it has the tightest constraints in terms of space. Obviously these will be a 'Limited Market' product and won't be 'Red Suspender' frugal in cost but if there is enough interest I'll enquire about a run which should bring the cost down a bit.

Let me know.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 am

Any idea what their control method would be? The Cali 1400 is easy because it's ride-by-wire.

The GRiSO's throttle control would require some sort of servo system to be a true cruise control.

thoughts?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 am

I'll forward their stuff they sent me. Main concern for me is space. Not much space on a G.

Pete
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:07 am

For about US$350 you can do a very professional installation of the Rostra Global Electronic Cruise Control, which works just like a car's (and better than the California 1400's, since it allows incremental speed adjustments). This should be a consideration when pricing a new unit.

The installation is on an 1100, but should also work on the 1200. The servo unit goes where the evaporative canister is installed on US models. To find my detailed instructions (with linked parts list), just google "rostra GRiSO" on the interwebs. I suppose I should make a more concise version by omitting the discussions of design decisions. The actual work involved is not too demanding.

Moto

Last edited by moto on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 am

Yes, you actually sent me info on that but it might of been through G-tech and I haven't been there for ages. I'd forgotten about that. I should re-visit.

Pete
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Here's a link to the info, for your convenience:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

M.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cruise control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise control?   Cruise control? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cruise control?
Page 1 of 1