GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Startus Inturuptus Question

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chris W
Carlotto
Carlotto
Chris W

Startus Inturuptus Question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startus Inturuptus Question   Startus Inturuptus Question - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:11 am

if you don't want to spend that much money, you can get a tool that also works well made by Klein (other manufacturers such as T&B and Ideal make the same type of tool) that are of good quality and perform well
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and when it comes to the crimp on terminals, the ones that have translucent plastic insulators are far superior to the opaque plastic insulators. the translucent type are more flexible and don't crack and break like the opaque ones tend to do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Kiwi_Roy

Startus Inturuptus Question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startus Inturuptus Question   Startus Inturuptus Question - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 am

Chris W wrote:
as an electrician, I can say that compression terminals are an industry standard. If done correctly using the correct tool, you will get a durable, long lasting connection. personally, I  would use vaseline as a last resort and opt for a product like Noalox or equivalent as they are specifically designed for this application
Noalox seems to be specifically for aluminum joints, I have never seen a sparky using it. I used Vaseline for 50+ years on electrical contacts and batteries and it never let me down.
I agree, compression terminals are reliable if done right, protect the metal against corrosion and they will last a very long time.
I have a set of the Klein crimpers, they are worth the money, don't collapse sideways like the cheap ones.
Back to top Go down

Startus Inturuptus Question
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: