GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New LED headlight suggestions

Go down 
+25
Andrewpatrol
knumbnutz
Buellbloke
Havli
Clancy
CrazyBiker
Richard
janguzzi
charliebigonions
lcjohnny
SMTCapeCod
Steak
kubbie
Pete Roper
evansnows
Robinson_Spike
kiwi dave
moto
Oz1200Guzzi
guzziownr
Bulldog9
beetle
paulbrice
JohnA
motor-timothy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:23 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
The Stedi headlight is also E marked (it is small and at the bottom), fits the standard GRiSO rim (and shell) well, so it should fit the v7 shell from what i have read here.  

It also works very well and costs 180gbp

The number after the E just means the European country where type approval was granted -
In the case of Stedi E4  means approved in Netherlands

Hi Johnny, my GRiSO has a plastic bucket. Does the Stedi put out any heat to affect the plastic?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:28 am

Andrewpatrol wrote:
Hi Johnny, my GRiSO has a plastic bucket. Does the Stedi put out any heat to affect the plastic?

No and looking at how it does not seem to bake muck onto the glass when it has been raining... i think it must run cooler than the standard halogen bulb.
Back to top Go down
motoman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
motoman

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:45 am

What? What am I missing here?

I just fitted this LED into the OEM Bucket on my 2010 1200 8V.  Also an LED peanut bulb. Absolutely no problems, looks great tons of white light:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have purchased many LED's from Cyclops near Seattle, always a great experience.  cheers

Last edited by motoman on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Aha they are now selling shorter bulbs that fit in the Guzzi shell !
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Yes, +1 for the Cyclops H4 lamp. Fits the factory headlamp bucket. Very bright, good color and good pattern. Not a cheap lamp but works as advertised.

I've been running that lamp for the last five years.

cheers
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Pity
when o looked last year the only led bulbs recommended on this side of the pond were too long.
I tried a cheapo one and it was rubbish
Thats why i went with the Stedi

Hey ho - good to know there is a cheaper way
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:44 pm

Have been running with the Cyclops for years as well. No issues installing....nice and bright. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:39 am

I've been using LED headlamp/parking-side bulbs on V50 (mainly to offload the alternator); it's been great/cheap & if I had my time again I would've done same on GRiSO instead of the LEDperf...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:56 am

JohnA wrote:
Paul, wasn’t someone using a headlamp from a Jeep in the original bucket? Sound familiar?

I'm running a Jeep LED in the stock shell. This started out as a "lets see if it'll work" project.

I ordered a nice set up from Dime City Cycle in Tampa Florida. It included a metal shell and all the metal rings to mount the bulb.

I couldn't use the metal shell because it is slightly too big to fit in the mount on the bike (weirdest mounting set up I've ever dealt with). But the mounting tabs on the chrome outer ring from the new setup will not line up with the holes in OEM shell. Ended up using parts from both light setups to mount the light. Did end up not using the side to side adjustment screw because the inner rings had no place for it.

The setup works great. Even with my dark visor and sunglasses on at night I can see pretty well.
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:24 am

paulbrice wrote:
I've been using LED headlamp/parking-side bulbs on V50 (mainly to offload the alternator); it's been great/cheap & if I had my time again I would've done same on GRiSO instead of the LEDperf...
I've just fitted one of these into my GRiSO, it is about 5mm too long to fit in the standard bowl but I found a lower profile socket to make up the difference Thumbs Up
H4 Socket

paulbrice and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:02 am

Well done & thanks Andy I used that socket with the Auxito bulb and it does fit nicely.
(Check the centre rivet in the socket is properly spread as the back plate fell off mine - but it is brass so easy to splay out)

I have not had a chance yet to check the beam pattern.

But I really love the clean look of the standard GRiSO lens.

Probably save my Stedi for another bike now

paulbrice and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New LED headlight suggestions   New LED headlight suggestions - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New LED headlight suggestions
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4