GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rizoma LED turn signals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rizoma LED turn signals Empty
PostSubject: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 am

They are so small but so BRIGHT! They fit perfectly on the rear of the GRiSO, look great and are painfully bright in operation. A bit pricey but worth it (and ballast resistors are included)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm

that's a pretty clean install
what do they look like from behind?
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:28 pm

Chris W wrote:
that's a pretty clean install
what do they look like from behind?

They look great from behind! I have a video showing their brightness, I’ll post it.

They are very easy to install: they fit the existing holes perfectly and just bolt on. The wiring and ballast resistors fit nicely in the rear underseat area.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Here is a short video showing how it looks from behind

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a pic showing when they are off:

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 am

Hi Looks good!

It would be great to know which Rizoma model/item number these are. Also do you get front ones too?

Many thanks,

Ross ? Moby
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:33 am

I think front ones need adapters (bought or made)...I fitted Rizoma Action Indicators front & back - here's the adapter shown

I bought these Officine08 adpater
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 pm

paulbrice wrote:
I think front ones need adapters (bought or made)...I fitted Rizoma Action Indicators front & back - here's the adapter shown

I bought these Officine08 adpater

Hi- for the front, did you splice into the factory wiring harness? I'm trying to learn about/decide whether it makes sense to open the dash and connect the aftermarket wires there. I have the Rizoma-> Grizo harness, but I'm not sure whether it is applicable to the front. Or how to get into the dash to check the factory connections, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:09 pm

the factory connections are the same 2 wire plug as used in the back indicators - i think it is the 2.8mm mini connector - this USA site looks like them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are two allen screws (4mm i think) holding the intruments to the top yoke visible from on top.
There are two more (one from each side) holding the instruments to the top of the hoop that supports the headlight and indicators.
You also need to undo the 4 self tapping screws that hold the silver frame to the crome body then the intrument pack lifts out and you can see the indicator connections.

Mine is very fiddly to get back so i chose to cut the indicator wires close to the indicators and put insulated crimp connectors in with a protective plastic spiral to stop them wearing on cables and pipes

Last edited by lcjohnny on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crap spelling)
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Very, very helpful-- thank you!  

I was sure hoping it was just going to require pulling the top bezel and four screws!

Here's the rhizoma kit I mean rizoma

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:28 am

From memory....firstly the Rizomas come with the ballast resistors that need to be connected into the new LEDs. Basically I stuck the resistors in near the the coils at each side; ran the original wires that went to the OEM indicators back to the resistors & ran the new wires from Rizomas back to the same resistors. Because the Rizomas plug into their own resistors, the only 'connecting' modification was to cut the spade ends off the OEM wires & solder on bullets to connect to the new connectors. I didn't go near the instrument dashboard as I needed all the wiring to reach the resistors. In general (and unless I see need for connector) I prefer to bare/solder/shrinkwrap wires together to keep tidy wirelines.

Back to top Go down

Rizoma LED turn signals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: