GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greasy GRiSO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm

I purchased my GRiSO 2 years ago and I figured it was finally time to give the swingarm, dogbone, and forked arm a proper greasing.  

The swingarm bearings had more grease than what my Norge had, but not enough.  The dogbone needle bearings had a smidge of grease, but the forked arm needles were very dry.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I had just performed this same job on my Norge a couple of days ago and had my learning curve intact.  This only took me 2.5 hours from start to finish.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and airbornebaby like this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Dare I ask....how long did it take the first time on the Norge?
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm

SMTCapeCod wrote:
Dare I ask....how long did it take the first time on the Norge?

Almost twice as long I would say.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:43 pm

So nice to see no rust and all of those joints clean and not even rust on the bolt heads
God I hate UK weather Sad
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Nice work! I found a similar amount of grease (very little) when I recently checked my '17. Steering head will be next when I swap out the original Metzelers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Tough to see in your picture, but was your rear airbox drain tube routed properly from the factory with a plug at the end? Oddly, mine was about 5" long with no plug--fortunately caught early otherwise the engine would be ingesting dirty air. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Leone wrote:
Nice work! I found a similar amount of grease (very little) when I recently checked my '17. Steering head will be next when I swap out the original Metzelers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Tough to see in your picture, but was your rear airbox drain tube routed properly from the factory with a plug at the end? Oddly, mine was about 5" long with no plug--fortunately caught early otherwise the engine would be ingesting dirty air. Shocked

Yes, it was done proper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greasy GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy GRiSO   Greasy GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greasy GRiSO
Page 1 of 1