GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greasy swingarm bearings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Greasy swingarm bearings Empty
PostSubject: Greasy swingarm bearings   Greasy swingarm bearings Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Much to the Beautiful Wife's dismay I turfed our Hyundai into a cold, howling wind and set to work on the swingarm bearings in the vacated space. As this is GRiSO #3 I had a hook already installed in the ceiling. Everything went according to plan until I got to the glued-on rear drive. I had to remove the swingarm entire and bring it to the bench to separate it.

The swingarm bearings were liberally lubed from the factory (go figure!) but all the lower shock pivots were metal on metal with no sign of lubrication. At 4,800 miles from new it was very easy to work on. Fasteners were untouched by simian hands and bore the factory dabs of paint in the appropriate places.

A new set of Shinko Raven tires replaced the ancient stockers. The rear was brutally squared off which made for some very odd sensations tipping into turns.

More snow is forecast for tomorrow so it has been tucked back into its corner with battery tender in place. No more maintenance on the schedule so I will return to my '75 Eldorado LED driving light install next. The octopus of a sub-harness is ready.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny, Clancy, Evilgarfield and 49wire like this post

Back to top Go down
49wire
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
49wire

Greasy swingarm bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greasy swingarm bearings   Greasy swingarm bearings Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:09 pm

I felt inspired…now I have 2 new bearings on order.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Greasy swingarm bearings
Page 1 of 1