GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The definitive guide to Rollerisation

Go down 
+18
beetle
lizardking
janguzzi
Trogladyte
Lazlokovacs
silvereagleflyer
Converted Duc
salishmoto
Mi_ka
Lehctim
GuzziSteve
footgoose
BowraBoy
Camphill
OldMojo
evansnows
lcjohnny
Pete Roper
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Frederico Pessoa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Frederico Pessoa

The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:40 am

Hello again! I´m relativelly new here, but got aware about the Rolarization. My Guzzi GRiSO is the year Model 2009, so Kit C is the right for it right?
I took my Guzzi to the shop to better analyse the Rolarization necessity, and here are the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It seems I need to do it, so now is important to get the details to proper access all parts. What are the part numbers to order to run a Rolarization procedure?
Any good place to order any Guzzi parts in US?

Best Regards For all.

Fred
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am

Yes, you'll need a 'C' kit or a 'B' kit and the extra parts needed to convert it to a 'C' kit.

'C' kit part # is 1A002082.

For whatever reason availability of all kits is dreadful at the moment. If you are shopping in the US I'd suggest trying AF1 in Texas.

Bill Hagan and Frederico Pessoa like this post

Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Thank you very much!! I´m getting in contact with the supplier suggested and hopefully all parts will be in stock!
I will keep you posted!
And again, much appreciated for the support.
Best

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
markymarq
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
markymarq

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:10 am

Hello Pete and the GG Crew … looking for some thoughts and feedback on my situation.

I have a 2010 GRiSO 1200 with approximately 12,300 miles. I bought it used. I’m the third owner and just learned about the tappet issue. I pulled the rocker cover and confirmed that it still has the flat tappets. I also confirmed that I have the older style plug tube, and I do not have the drill/punch mark on the cylinder head. Kit C (or B kit with additional pieces) required for the conversion.

I called the two nearest Moto Guzzi repair centers near me in Northern California. Monroe Motors in San Francisco is going to check on the status of the bike with MG, but the rep said that they’ve only done one conversion that he can remember, and even if MG supplied the kit it would require about 18 hours labor. (Does this seem right?) I also tried the other service center, Elk Grove Powersports in Sacramento, but they don’t work on any bike that is more than 10 years old. I also tried a couple local independent repair centers but they are reluctant to work on a MG.

Since it looks like I’m out of luck from getting help from a service center I’m thinking of ordering the kit and doing the job myself. I’m pretty good mechanically – I’ve pulled apart the top end of my 2005 Ford F350 6.0 diesel to replace the well-known high-pressure oil pump fitting that fails, replaced a cracked short block on a MerCruiser V-8, replaced starters and alternators on multiple vehicles, do brakes, etc. However, as I understand with the C Kit, you have to pull the cylinder head to install the shims. I’ve never pulled a cylinder head on a bike and worked on lifters, etc.

I have the tools to do the job, but not the confidence. Yet. I would really appreciate anyone’s feedback on the complexity of taking on the Kit C job. Thank you so much!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm

18 hours! Where do these dipshits get their times from? Perhaps they're blind and have to do everything by feel? It takes Michael about 6.5 hours to do a 'C' kit on a GRiSO and that includes dropping the sump and spacer to do the spacer gasket and a full tune-up and remap afterwards and he's in a wheelchair! 18 hours! Fuck me lonesome!

Do it yourself. Just take your time and if you have problems? Stop and ask BEFORE you screw something up but it's really not 'Difficult' type difficult.

Biggest problem at the moment will be finding a kit. They are in very short supply and with many factories in Europe furloughing their workers and stopping production due to the energy embargo on Russia and the approaching winter that is unlikely to change any time soon.

markymarq likes this post

Back to top Go down
markymarq
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
markymarq

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Pete ... Thank you for confirming that stupid assessment that Monroe gave me. I'm going to do it! More to come!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The definitive guide to Rollerisation   The definitive guide to Rollerisation - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm

People who quote such absurd times obviously don't know the bike or their trade. How they continue to get away with talking such shit beggars belief!
Back to top Go down

The definitive guide to Rollerisation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3