GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Outex kit for GRiSO

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Humble1200
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

Outex kit for GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:52 am

Hi All

My rear wheel has started to lose pressure. Down from 35 to 27 PSI in a few days. Given that it is likely to be the spokes, I am probably going to go for the Outex rim sealing solution but I dont know which one to order as there doesn't appear to be one for the GRiSO listed. I know others have used this and I wonder if you could let me have the details of your order if possible.

Many thanks.

C
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:32 am

Can't help with the Outex solution & it's already here somewhere in the forum....but just pointing out that replacement 'O' rings (even OEM ones) are only £1.20 each on-line at Gutsibits & 'generics' probably cheaper still in case you find (in bath of water) that it's only one or two leaking
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:37 am

Outex was done in this thread (along with o ring replace). Not sure it says what kit but at least shows the dimensions relative to the wheel so should be easy to figure

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Humble1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:15 am

Thanks Paul

Have read all the threads. I think i'm going to go for O ring replacements to the affected and future proof all with mastic and tape.....
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:41 am

Order the BMW r9t kit, it has the same size wheels as your GRiSO
Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:00 am

what mark111 said.
Or, you can order two kits. One for front, one for rear. They have nearly every size rim covered.

Used outex on my partners V7ii a couple of years ago. Has never given any problems.

An axle to spin the wheels on whilst you apply the kits makes it easy.
Make sure the rims are as clean as you can get them and follow the instructions and videos.
Thumbs Up

Humble1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 am

I used soap and found the offending leaks easily after a pretty bad pothole hit to my front wheel. I backed off the nipples and re-seated the o-rings until the bubbles went away. That got me from going flat in a day to losing 1-2 lbs a week. I then tagged the two leaking spokes and replaced the o-rings on the next tire change. Haven't had a problem since.
Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:11 am

Thanks for the reply's all. Gonna have the wheel off soon and see what's what...

I will post my findings and solution when I get there......
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:30 am

It may not be relevant to the GRiSO "O" rings but something to consider.
About a year ago I made my V7III spoked rims tubeless at the first tire change using Sikaflex 291 Marine sealant with a layer of Gorilla tape to protect the sealant while mounting the tire, a thin layer of Sikaflex over the nipples would take care of any leakers.
I will be doing the same on my 76 Convert over the next few days after polishing the rims and spokes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The 72 Eldorado has been tubeless for many years courtesy of GE 100% Silicone sealant. Not all sealants are created equal for doing this I tried several before settling on the GE product.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 am

Hi All. Just thought I would give you an update on the leaking spoked wheels.

Pumped the wheel up to 45 psi and then got the wheel in the bath to test all. Found one spoke leaking a lot and all the others fine. The valve was also leaking a little and this was replaced with new tyres in March. Stripped down and cleaned up all only to find pitting around some spokes on the spoke crater and also around the valve seat. About 20% affected and up to about 2 mm deep in places. After the initial panic and disappointment I cleaned all again, gave the affected areas 3 coats of protective paint. I will be sikaflexing and then taping over the top which I anticipate will not only give suitable protection against air leakage in the medium to long term but also serve to protect the rims from future attack. I plan to dress the valve seating as best as I can manually and ensure a proprietary sealant is used with a new valve washer/seal. I think the corrosion has been caused by condensation causing water to settle at the high points of the wheel when standing and perhaps a reaction between the spoke head and rim.

Just a word of caution to those Grisos with spoked wheels. If I had not checked these myself to remedy, I suspect that the rims could have oxidized through in perhaps another few years which could have been a disaster. The bike shop that changed my loose wheels said nothing of this so we cant rely on others. I caught this in time but only because the o ring failed.If I had not checked this all myself it could have been a new set of rims in a few years time.

Hope that is of use to someone........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outex kit for GRiSO   Outex kit for GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Outex kit for GRiSO
Page 1 of 1