GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeRegisterLog in
 

 Shock Woes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Went out for a mild jaunt today about 160+ miles 2up of mixed carriageway, A roads B roads and dodgy as f*ck 1 foot wide tracks with wet moss down the middle Shocked
And a ferry crossing.
Apart from hitting the odd pothole my girlfriend reckons the rear suspension is better than a harley with Progressive rear suspension.
Sure its wound up to max spring preload, dunno what the damping is set to, just left it alone as its past 3 owners were also 6ft 2 & 17 stone.
2 up more like 29stone (184 kilos).
So it bottoms out? yea cant say I noticed, maybe you lot are a bunch of much fatter f*cks Laughing
Still intent on getting a replacment new wound for my weight stelvio aftermarkert shock, just for better travel and the extra inch for footrest adjustment.

Oh yea changed the tranny oil and gearbox oil not that it made one iota of difference, and checked the tappets.
They were perfect 0.10 inlet 0.15 exhaust neither would go to the next size.
Bikes idle is quite bad its about 1500 rpm with clutch pulled and drops to 1250 in neutral. left about 15 -20 seconds and drops to about 1150.
Next job is balance and TPS reset, obviously will sort a beetle map when get me new exhaust.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

Bikes idle is quite bad its about 1500 rpm with clutch pulled and drops to 1250 in neutral. left about 15 -20 seconds and drops to about 1150.



That's perfectly normal. The idle rises when the clutch is pulled with the map you have. Don't ask why they did that..nobody knows.





Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:11 pm

beetle wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:

Bikes idle is quite bad its about 1500 rpm with clutch pulled and drops to 1250 in neutral. left about 15 -20 seconds and drops to about 1150.



That's perfectly normal. The idle rises when the clutch is pulled with the map you have. Don't ask why they did that..nobody knows.






I noticed with maps how you progamme the tickover, well I did with a Vance & Hines Fuel Pack, was done according to engine temp.
The particular bike in question used to drop to 1600 rpm as it came down the gears and revs, paused then settled into the programmed tickover.
Digitally it was quite wild anywhere from 940 - 1020 after I tweaked it, that said the pre factory programmed tickover was 1020 -1080 for a set 1000rpm, whereas imagine analogue going by a needle it might not seem so wild.

So your maps beetle what are they like in the original posted scenario? ie clutch pulled, and in neutral.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:45 pm


Quote :
So your maps beetle what are they like in the original posted scenario? ie clutch pulled, and in neutral.

All my GRiSO 1200 maps use the 2230G803 map as a base. Of the four 8V maps released, it is the only one that does that. Of the 44 identified flags in the map, 19 are unknown as to what they do. I'm not about to test them. The 2230G803 map as other advantages, which is why I use it.




Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:59 pm

beetle wrote:

Quote :
So your maps beetle what are they like in the original posted scenario? ie clutch pulled, and in neutral.

All my GRiSO 1200 maps use the 2230G803 map as a base. Of the four 8V maps released, it is the only one that does that. Of the 44 identified flags in the map, 19 are unknown as to what they do. I'm not about to test them. The 2230G803 map as other advantages, which is why I use it.





Joy! so if I had any other factory map I wouldnt have those issues?
Other than I dont have a clue what your saying.
All am asking is with your maps will I still have to suffer the 1500rpm clutch pull?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:35 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

Joy! so if I had any other factory map I wouldnt have those issues?


Correct. There's only 1 other factory map worth having, commonly referred to as the 68S map. It was never homogolated. From 2010 on, all GRiSO's had the 2230G803 map. The first two they released in 2008 were turds.



Quote :

All am asking is with your maps will I still have to suffer the 1500rpm clutch pull?

Yes. Isn't that what I said? Unless you want a custom map based on the 68S, but as I said, the 2230G803 based maps have other advantages.







Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Posts : 538
Join date : 2016-01-25
Age : 66

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:58 pm

Nice pix
but we are talking ECU maps in a suspension titled string...

No one will ever find any of the good stuff here...

Just sayin..

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:21 pm

beetle wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:

Joy! so if I had any other factory map I wouldnt have those issues?


Correct. There's only 1 other factory map worth having, commonly referred to as the 68S map. It was never homogolated. From 2010 on, all GRiSO's had the 2230G803 map.  The first two they released in 2008 were turds.



Quote :

All am asking is with your maps will I still have to suffer the 1500rpm clutch pull?

Yes. Isn't that what I said? Unless you want a custom map based on the 68S, but as I said, the 2230G803 based maps have other advantages.

Sort of I just wasn't 100%, well I am nearly 60, basic secondary school education, expelled badass, stroke victim  Laughing

Damn so how much is custom map based on the 68S with good fuel economy, smooth performance, no low speed surging, and No high rpm clutch idle?




lcjohnny wrote:
Nice pix
but we are talking ECU maps in a suspension titled string...

No one will ever find any of the good stuff here...

Just sayin..

Hey its one of my posts peeps should know by now I only post good stuff  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  
Just a crying shame Pete Roper has abandoned me, I've sort of tried to apologise.
Abandoned my hopes of uncirculating the vomit from my engine, a 1st ever from me.
Only beetle posts good stuff he converted my suspension post into a map post though really to be fair it was a two part post.

Couple more pics, I started second row, car park/tennis court over flowed was bikes everywhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 pm


Quote :
Damn so how much is custom map based on the 68S with good fuel economy, smooth performance, no low speed surging, and No high rpm clutch idle?


The same as any regular 8V GRiSO map. It just means I have to do some stuff. Mouse clicking, and typing and stuff.




Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:03 pm

beetle wrote:

Quote :
Damn so how much is custom map based on the 68S with good fuel economy, smooth performance, no low speed surging, and No high rpm clutch idle?


The same as any regular 8V GRiSO map. It just means I have to do some stuff. Mouse clicking, and typing and stuff.





Cool get one ready for me new Mistral Shorty obviously using the regular Mistral Conicale with roller tappets, wont be too long now though can grab the map anytime.
Whats the benefit of the 1500rpm with clutch pulled tickover, it's hideous waiting for traffic lights to change, then select neutral and the f*cking lights change blah!
Once you edit the original map the homologation is removed surely, sumfin to do with emissions init?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:25 pm


¯\_(ツ)_/¯


The 68S wasn’t any bikes sold off the showroom floor. It made its way into lots of bikes after the first service, however.




Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 am

beetle wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


The 68S wasn’t any bikes sold off the showroom floor. It made its way into lots of bikes after the first service, however.





Read somewhere that I need to remove the O2 sensor to use your map?
Do I need to use/obtain some form of Eliminator Plug at the O2 plug end to stop the bike from popping a code?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:12 pm


No, and no.



Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 66

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:41 pm

You can remove the O2 sensor and replace it with a plug. 18mm from memory - can't remember whether it was a fine thread - go to an exhaust place, they might have some. Could also be the same as a hydraulic plug.

I got mine from RS some time back. I might be able to see the specs and part no if you are interested.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
You can remove the O2 sensor and replace it with a plug. 18mm from memory - can't remember whether it was a fine thread - go to an exhaust place, they might have some. Could also be the same as a hydraulic plug.

I got mine from RS some time back. I might be able to see the specs and part no if you are interested.

Beetle said No to removing O2 sensor, and here you are saying remove it, just what I need conflicting information.
Am sure I read another post which said I had to remove it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 66

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm

No, you need to remove it from service. Sure you can leave it connected and no harm will come from that. Or, you can remove it and plug up the hole. You can also disconnect the electric side to the O2 sensor, while keeping it in situ, no errors will be thrown. Because, and this is the kicker, the O2 sensor is disabled in the map.

To my way of thinking, having something on your bike that has been disabled is a waste. I chose to replace mine with a plug. Imagine how much weight is saved and how much faster and more fuel efficient my old 2V dunger can be?

Viva la Fiesta
AND I am totally taking myself seriously















NOT!

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Posts : 8822
Join date : 2013-09-30

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:50 pm


FFS!

Leave the fucking thing in! It doesn't do any harm. It doesn't clog. It still does it thing and the ECU ignores the signal because I've deactivated lambda in the map. I've never said it had to be removed and if anyone says I did, they're lying, or horribly mistaken.

If a particularly nasty cop espy's your lack of sensor and says, "Oi, cunt! You're nicked, sunshine!", I don't wanna fucking hear about it.


Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 66

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 pm

They wouldn't recognise it, if it bit them on the bum

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Biondino
Biondino
Buellbloke

Posts : 201
Join date : 2021-07-30
Age : 58

Shock Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Woes   Shock Woes Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 am

beetle wrote:

FFS!

Leave the fucking thing in! It doesn't do any harm. It doesn't clog. It still does it thing and the ECU ignores the signal because I've deactivated lambda in the map. I've never said it had to be removed and if anyone says I did, they're lying, or horribly mistaken.

If a particularly nasty cop espy's your lack of sensor and says, "Oi, cunt! You're nicked, sunshine!", I don't wanna fucking hear about it.



What I read was your map no longer uses the O2 sensor. or "your map dont need the poxy sensor".
You have to understand that a stroked brains damaged section responsible for short term memory is forever doubting itself.
It's usually only when friends confirm you did say this or say that.

True I never read you saying remove it Beetle.

Then one tends to think like Oz removal and blanking, at the time I read the above I was a way off this subject so never enquired, the thought has been naggin me.
Modules like Power Commanders and the such use the lamda sensor along with the their exhaust map, though that said early Power Commanders forced removal.

If its switched off and no longer in use am happy to leave it where it is.

As I recall Beetle all your maps come with a disclaimer, "Race Use Only" get no comback from me under any circumstances relating to laws.
Back to top Go down
 
Shock Woes
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: