GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Tourismo progress.

Go down 
+19
rick pope
MalG
lcjohnny
Lazlokovacs
BowraBoy
groundhog105
sjmckee1956
sideshowbob
GuzziSteve
GUZ21
kiwi dave
Steak
bahamazoo
Holger
JohnA
Oz1200Guzzi
mark111
beetle
Pete Roper
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:04 am

Your Givi the thing I dislike is it's shitty, wobbly mounting system! Sure it's as ugly as a bucket full of bashed crabs but that's not the point. I'm sure it's effective, I just hate the way it wobbles about.

And for Holger? I had a Cali 1400. Hated it, it was a turd. Turning a GRiSO into a tourer may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'll take a screened and bagged up GRiSO over a Cali any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

sjmckee1956 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

I guess I've just gotten used to it. Shannon's are assessing my claim. If they're half-way reasonable I'll send through the money for your invoice/ quotes soonest.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:31 pm

New Hyperpro shock installed and I took it for a little (Not very legal!) romp to try it out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back end raised by about 30mm and the shock has a little more stroke I believe.

Set-up is pretty good straight out of the box. I might wind the low speed damping off a bit and take a bit of preload off the spring but that's about it. The roads around here are in a dreadful state at the moment due to all the rain! The back end soaked up everything I threw at it. Brilliant! Only downside is of course now the woeful inadequacy of the forks is painfully apparent so it's off to Laurie it will go for 'The Treatment' prior to it going up north for rego.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm gonna stand up for calis here!!!!

Firstly, that 2013 abomination with the forward pegs is just that, a total turd. I rode one just out of interest once and thought, my god, how could guzzi get anything so wrong. (1400 lump is sweet though)

You can do anything on a GRiSO, and it's a fine mount for touring... but NOT with a passenger. ANY windscreen/flyscreen/whatever makes riding with a pillion impossible. I've never experienced that on any other bike.

Without a screen, me and the Mrs have been known to do 2 hour rides to football matches through the mountain motorway, with the GRiSO rock solid right up to 190kmph. nice. But it's a pain on the neck muscles.

2-up touring, I'll take a well sorted cali anyday. You actually end up going faster.

On my own, gimme a duffle bag and the GRiSO, the factory 'big' screen and a pair of earplugs and I'll be more than allright.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:35 am

Lazlokovacs wrote:

You can do anything on a GRiSO, and it's a fine mount for touring... but NOT with a passenger. ANY windscreen/flyscreen/whatever makes riding with a pillion impossible. I've never experienced that on any other bike.

I can't understand how anybody can pillion on a GRiSO with a stock seat? The seat is weird and uncomfortable, the footpegs are unsuitable for anyone who isn't a thalidomide victim and the weird crouch means even people as freakishly small as my wife end up resembling mummified cats pulled out of an Egyptian tomb after three thousand years of desiccation after twenty minutes of riding!

I know that people do carry pillions on GRiSO. They must have some sado-masochism fetish. Probably keep jars of womens' ears under their beds and have a necklace made of scrotums for 'Saturday Best' when they go clubbing.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:08 am

Here I thought I saw a double bucket touring seat on one of Pete's misfortunes. Looked out of place.
GRiSO's made for one of those young butts hanging off the back in a string. For old fat guys you have to ride solo. An old customer & his wife have to ride his HD cause they both can't fit on his Centauro, funny shit.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:25 am

Who's this?

He rode down to GA rally, hadn't seen him since I tuned his Norge in 12. Yes rode 800mi for a tune-up in GA.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:24 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Lazlokovacs wrote:

I can't understand how anybody can pillion on a GRiSO with a stock seat? The seat is weird and uncomfortable, the footpegs are unsuitable for anyone who isn't a thalidomide victim and the weird crouch means even people as freakishly small as my wife end up resembling mummified cats pulled out of an Egyptian tomb after three thousand years of desiccation after twenty minutes of riding!

Ouch!!!!  Mad  Sad  Mad  Sad
My wife finds it fire for 5 hr long days....Not as good as a Lario or a Royal Enfield Clipper but better than a 1050 speed triple or a SuperDuke -  about as comfortable as a KTM SMT990 or a Ducati Monster 1200.
Then again my seat may have been played about with

I have not told Wendy about your comparison of a typical GRiSO pillion with a mummified cat    affraid

- she may take umbrage and find some Devon expat contacts in Straya to piss in your porridge  Acid Bath  lol

Last edited by lcjohnny on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:03 pm

how... did... you... know about... the... necklace...??

my gf is a ballet dancer and she's always taken being on the back of the GRiSO in her stride. I have though drastically lowered the pegs and I wear an oxford belt that she can hold onto for the long rides. A pain to take on and off but it does the job quite well.

anyway that's 4 posts in a row with no cali-bashing so I consider the matter honourably settled.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:29 pm

And i will now come clean
I fitted an air saddle air saddle linky
for my (really) better half
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:19 pm

I don't know how anyone can ride with the stock saddle at all. I get numb bum within an hour.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

GuzziLooper likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Lazlokovacs wrote:

my gf is a ballet dancer and she's always taken being on the back of the GRiSO in her stride. I have though drastically lowered the pegs and I wear an oxford belt that she can hold onto for the long rides. A pain to take on and off but it does the job quite well.

anyway that's 4 posts in a row with no cali-bashing so I consider the matter honourably settled.

I salute your good fortune.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Never ridden with a passenger. Totally screws up the power to weight ratio.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Steak wrote:
Lazlokovacs wrote:

I salute your good fortune.

Fitness & flexibility is ALWAYS desireable/advantageous in riding distances. The trouble is keeping that way, worse during lockdowns.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Some of us, through a combination of genetics and love of food, have no choice but to have a passenger of sorts. Hey, I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight.

I rode on the stock seat for several years using an Airhawk cushion. It really helped. Then I had a Sargents seat built last year. Ahhhhhh...... My posterior thanks me every ride.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm

I tried the airhawk for a good long while but just couldn't get used to it.... If I ever find a cheap used GRiSO seat I'll have a go at making something better... Shame guzzi couldn't have bothered to do it themselves!
Back to top Go down
sjmckee1956
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
sjmckee1956

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:04 pm

I am using the Corbin Gunfighter with an Air Hawk and a Saddleman gel pad added into the Air Hawk cover. A very small amount of air. Gives a bit more height and leg room and I can ride comfortably for hours.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:11 pm

sjmckee1956 wrote:
A very small amount of air.

And that's the secret for riding with an air hawk. I used one for years, but must have lost it as it's not around any more.

For real comfort, I would choose my Indian Chief. Better than any Guzzi seat I've had to endure for long periods.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:21 am

kiwi dave wrote:
sjmckee1956 wrote:

And that's the secret for riding with an air hawk.

Yep that is it you need to be able to only just feel the saddle through it then it is sharing your weight across the other bits of you that don't touch the saddle.

Any other ex nurses here remember RoHo cushions? Same issue - they work brilliantly until some little keener blows them up hard !!!
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:47 am

lcjohnny wrote:
kiwi dave wrote:
sjmckee1956 wrote:

And that's the secret for riding with an air hawk.

Yep that is it you need to be able to only just feel the saddle through it then it is sharing your weight across the other bits of you that don't touch the saddle.

Any other ex nurses here remember RoHo cushions?  Same issue - they work brilliantly until some little keener blows them up hard !!!

Yes to all the above.  And the Airhawk is made by the RoHo Group.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Jesus! WTF?  

That screen appears as effective, as it is hilarious! Proof that, in fact, ashtrays on motorbikes aren't always so useless, after all! affraid  jocolor
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:43 am

I've ridden friends' bikes equipped with Air Hawks, I hate them.  Makes me feel like I'm riding with rubber underpants filled with a load of shite after an epic Grecian feast.

No bueno!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:26 am

Steak wrote:
Makes me feel like I'm riding with rubber underpants filled with a load of shite after an epic Grecian feast.

That's another reason not to put too much air in - sea-sickness
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 am

I too have the Corbin gunfighter with an airhawk. it's a great combo once the airhawk is tuned for your weight.
can ride for hours with it

sjmckee1956 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Steak wrote:
I've ridden friends' bikes equipped with Air Hawks, I hate them.  Makes me feel like I'm riding with rubber underpants filled with a load of shite after an epic Grecian feast.

No bueno!

THIS----------------------------------------I might sleep on a waterbed but I'm not riding on one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tourismo progress.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next