GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Tourismo progress.

Go down 
+19
rick pope
MalG
lcjohnny
Lazlokovacs
BowraBoy
groundhog105
sjmckee1956
sideshowbob
GuzziSteve
GUZ21
kiwi dave
Steak
bahamazoo
Holger
JohnA
Oz1200Guzzi
mark111
beetle
Pete Roper
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Is this a closed thread or can any ape respond  Laughing

Pete Roper wrote:

Back end raised by about 30mm and the shock has a little more stroke I believe.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30mm are you sure looks almost stock to me  Shocked

This is 25mm with the Stelvio shock.
Stock left Stelvio right

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pete Roper wrote:

I can't understand how anybody can pillion on a GRiSO with a stock seat? The seat is weird and uncomfortable, the footpegs are unsuitable for anyone who isn't a thalidomide victim and the weird crouch means even people as freakishly small as my wife end up resembling mummified cats pulled out of an Egyptian tomb after three thousand years of desiccation after twenty minutes of riding!

I know that people do carry pillions on GRiSO. They must have some sado-masochism fetish. Probably keep jars of womens' ears under their beds and have a necklace made of scrotums for 'Saturday Best' when they go clubbing.

I prefer the older seat to the later SE type pillow seats, massive room for the riders arse. Seen a few of the newer ones SE's in dealers and fat bastids crush the thing.
Pillion perch is quite dense compared to say the Buell X1 on the older seat.
Admittedly her indoors complains but then anything less than a harley tallboy seat with a padded scissy bar and she is bound too!

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjmckee1956
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
sjmckee1956

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:14 pm

I would like to hear input on the effects of using these 30mm longer Stelvio shocks on the Carc drive universal joints. Does anyone have say over 25,000 miles running these at speed without u-joint failure? Or any engineering input on this drive shaft angle change from the longer shock?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Shock isn't 30mm longer, it's about 12mm longer. The ratio is roughly 3 to 1. I have yet to drop the forks on the shitter. I'll do that after it's been re-sprung and valved.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:09 pm

sjmckee1956 wrote:
I would like to hear input on the effects of using these 30mm longer Stelvio shocks on the Carc drive universal joints. Does anyone have say over 25,000  miles running these at speed without u-joint failure? Or any engineering input on this drive shaft angle change from the longer shock?

Look at the two pictures its hardly extreme Laughing
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:20 pm

Same experience here with three different windscreen configurations. They have all beaten my passenger half to death with turbulence. The preload adjustable Matris R rear shock however is a marvel when switching between solo and pillion.

Lazlokovacs wrote:
I'm gonna stand up for calis here!!!!

You can do anything on a GRiSO, and it's a fine mount for touring... but NOT with a passenger. ANY windscreen/flyscreen/whatever makes riding with a pillion impossible. I've never experienced that on any other bike…

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tourismo progress.   GRiSO Tourismo progress. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tourismo progress.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3