GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+80
Speedfrog
Moto Guzzi virgin
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Did it say #2229GRS1103 last known stock, OH, THE MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:29 pm

No, the mapping I bought the bike with in August was still 2229GRS1102 - not the "modern" one you state. I tried 08 and noticed a slight improvement, but was told by Mark that Guzzi never touched the fuelling maps, so the bike would remain unnecessarily thirsty. Not an option at todays fuel prices, so the switch to the beetle map was a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:41 pm

I thought I would give a go at swapping out the rear rubber. The bead was deff no easy break

paulbrice and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:15 am

Great video & good workout - inspired me to go to the tyre garage every time Wink

JohnA and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:26 am

Yesterday had the missus on the back seat for the first time since the remapping. Just a short ride in city-traffic to get to the vaccination. On the ride back she tapped my shoulder and said "The bike rides so differently to how it was before. On/off throttle is much smoother and the riding so much more enjoyable! She still got all of her character, but the imperfections are gone."

To put things into the right perspective: My wife is a rare bird on any motorcycle and no rider herself. So her noticing the difference really is the knightly accolade for beetle.

beetle, GhostBullet, lcjohnny and moby like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:34 pm

Mark makes some good maps, for sure. I put them in plenty of Guzzi's.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:51 pm

Noob warning……
Tense times adjusting valves. Last time I was in a motor doing this (40 years ago) was with shims on a Z900. Gotta say this was easier, no f’n about with shims and finding I didn’t have correct size!
I found that gaps seemed to be a very easy fit of feeler so I closed em up til there was a nice close slide fit on gauge.
Also put on my new Mistral muffler, started her up and all is noice. Just a brief rev under carport seems about same noise as stock. But the weight,,, maybe 1/3 to a 1/2 of the funny looking stocker. Nice slender shiny new can.
Can’t wait to go for a ride tomorrow. Maybe my filter socket will turn up and I can do all oils.
New bike to me, is coming together. Better every day. Soon my Wilber’s will be here, woohoo.
Thanks for guiding thread about valves Pete.

GhostBullet and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:07 am

Because of advancing age, sold it. Very sad. I trust the new owner will be along in here soon. Bye, GRiSO.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:42 am

Noooo Sad

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:43 am

I bought my GRiSO just this summer from a gentleman younger than you. He had severe shoulder problems and was not the tallest, which made the GRiSO impossible for him. He changed to a much lighter Yamaha Tracer 7 with a more upright riding position, that he now enjoys.

My personal plan is to ride motorcycles as long as I can swing my leg over the high seat of my raised DR 650 SE and my reaction speed is sufficient. I hope for many more years ...

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:57 pm

I spent the morning swapping pannier racks from yellow bike to green bike and fitting the tail rack I acquired from one of the wrecks.

Now I've got to find my *Big* tank bag and I'm ready to head out for Coonamble tomorrow!

Oz1200Guzzi, GhostBullet, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Found the tank bag!

Went round to Michael's to swap the wheels and decided I'd just fit the wire spoke ones. The front has a brand new Road Attack on it, the rear a half used one that got a puncture a while back. While not a fan of the wire wheels they'll do for this long, mainly straight, road trip.

I considered just running the Metzlers out but the rear is pretty far gone. By the time I got back it would be on the bones of its arse. Not a safe recipe when it could be wetter than a wet thing over the weekend.

Now! Just got to pack my bags!

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:19 am

Enjoy yourself Pete.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:37 am

As a bonus for anyone really so bored that they are actually reading this, I will babble about not only one day, but two — no, wait; there’s more! — maybe as many as ten days, with the last eight not having yet occurred. Ā A stretch, but (sort of) true.

So … day before yesterday, my great GRiSO and I set off on a "tag hunt” for the NW Virginia tag. Ā [If new to you, but wonderful wasting of time on two wheels appeals to you, see, e.g., [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actually, I combined two TOR’s: the NW Virginia and Virginia tags. Ā I succeeded in finding the the second, but failed in the first. Ā No matter; it was a fine ride. Ā 

I posted a pic or two of this in responding to @leafman60’s post about his Alabama ride, but it was a fine time on the red beast. Ā Here they are again if you missed that thread.

But that was day before yesterday, and day before yesterday’s gone. Ā Actually, of course, so is yesterday, but I’ll shift to that now.

The GRiSO was still a bit of a dirty mess from the gravel of that TOR ride, and had not had a good check-up since its return from the Mutton Run to Kentucky almost a month ago. Ā So, up on the lift it went to get the spa treatment.

Did the usual cleaning which, aside from, well, cleaning, also often reveals (as it did this time) AWOL fasteners.

This time, happily, only found one — the right-side mate to this one on the left — had deserted.

Did not have a button-head match, and did not want to order one from MG Cycle or the like for $3 each plus $9 shipping — or 50 from McMaster-Carr at about the same price! — so it was any screw in a storm.

Almost used Loctite to avoid those jumping ship, but then remembered that the headlight shell is plastic. Ā Learned how Loctite eats plastic with my Norge’s turn-signal lenses. Ā The headlight bucket is WAY more expensive, as I had already learned from a different bout of stupidity.

I may have to break down and order the real thing because the OEM takes a 5mm hex; the socket, a 6. Ā No big deal, but the turn signal makes access annoyingly difficult even with a ball-end 6. Ā 

On another annoying self-inflicted note, I overfilled the oil when trying to top it off to the mid-mark on the dipstick. Ā I’s now all the way to the top. Ā Doh. Ā I’ll start it on the lift to see if it settles any, but expect I’ll have to get the excess out to avoid air-box issues. Kathi was not amused when I suggested she start the siphoning process. Ā  cheers

But, those are petty issues. Ā The GRiSO is now ready for combat operations.

I am riding it down to Wendell (vic. Raleigh), N.C., later this week; returning early next. Ā  It’s only a 600-or-so mile r/t, but by the time I add in major deviations for the fun of it, it’ll be a 1000 of all backroads fun. Ā Yee ha!

Kathi — who will drive the sag wagon — thinks we are going to watch grandkids perform in a school play. Ā I suppose. Ā 

Just had one great pic of that great Kentucky road enlarged for the Moto Grappa’s walls. Ā Hope to take another on this run.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]"

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

beetle, lcjohnny, Florida lime, SMTCapeCod and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:04 pm

Bill, rather than using Loc-Tite on the headlight bucket, try using a bit of thin fishing line, or even dental floss to make a sort of Ny-Lok screw. In a pinch, I've even used a blade of grass. Anything to take up the slack in the threads.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:09 am

rick pope wrote:
Bill, rather than using Loc-Tite on the headlight bucket, try using a bit of thin fishing line, or even dental floss to make a sort of Ny-Lok screw. Ā In a pinch, I've even used a blade of grass. Ā Anything to take up the slack in the threads.

My "go to" for these situations, esp. really small fasteners is "Vibra-Tite"

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:39 am

when I played darts, there was always an issue with the shaft coming lose at the worst time. I'd take a plastic sandwich bag or wrapper ( whatever i could get my hands on) put it over the threads, then screw it in and trim off the excess with a pocket knife - works in a pinch!

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:01 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
— so it was any screw in a storm.

Bill

That's some T-shirt worthy road (and life) wisdom right there... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Rode it for 30 kms. It was the first ride since crashing offroad and not being able to operate a manual clutch for weeks. DonĀ“t worry about the GRiSO, I was on the DR when crashing and that 26 year old bike took less harm than my old bones.

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 am

^ Glad you`re on the mend !
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Got myself a set of Mana handlebars. Put them on to test fit the bars. Going to try to finish the install tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
stdunkel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
stdunkel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:41 pm

Took the GRiSO from Sydney up to the Snowy Mountains through the hinterland. Never seen Australia so green. Returned though the dusty Brindabella Ranges and am certain I saw Pete Roper behind a gigantic windscreen close to Queanbeyan.

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, Clancy, Gootzibird13 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:26 am

Wondered who that was.....👍

Back to top Go down
stdunkel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
stdunkel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:38 pm

That windscreen looks big in the pictures, but even bigger in reality. Trust that keeps the bugs out of your face and makes it extremely comfortable for a long ride. Out of curiosity did you notice a big difference in fuel consumption?
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 pm

I didn't do it yet, but I did receive an email from AF1 saying my new rear shock is on its way to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next