GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 4:58 pm

Defo need a Lol button Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2022 11:30 am

Tamed the 1TB 1400 throttle somewhat.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi, MalG and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Discovered yesterday that the wear of the tyre was only along the middle, so today I took her to the race track to try to even that out Smile
Ohh, she' s fast!  Twisted Evil

Oz1200Guzzi, MalG, GhostBullet, lcjohnny, BowraBoy, SMTCapeCod and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 1:53 am

Ridden in s sportsman-like manner no doubt

GhostBullet, lcjohnny and bjor like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 2:03 am

Howdy. The GRiSO is still going fine, even with a dick dash.
And a video of a beach ride I've thrown at the tube.  

Last edited by GhostBullet on Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 1:21 pm

cheers

Hope nuts and bolts won’t rust after the beach ride Wink
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 11:43 pm

Especially the nuts...
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 2:16 am

I cannisterectomized the GRiSO this morning, and then set about installing a Beetle map; after dicking around for hours on the interweb, I've given up trying to find the FTDI drivers for Mac OS Big Sur. The GRiSO won't speak to the Macbook. *sigh* oh, and my brother in Hokitika [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
who rode a LeMans in the 90s, just bought himself a Harley FatBoy. *double-sigh*

Last edited by Svartipants on Mon May 23, 2022 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Injectors   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 am

Buellbloke wrote:
Plymouth Bike Night, only seem to get a few hundred bikes when the sun is not shining.
Close to a 1000 when its out.
Plymouth Hoe, Smeatons Tower, no longer needed since the Breakwater was built.
The Pilgrim Fathers whomever they was set off from here.
Another pic of mine plus a pic of another interersting Guzzi example.

The rotors on the front of that blue 2 valve have to cause front brake extreme oversensitivity while stopping I would think. Did you speak with the gentleman in that regard by chance? Cool looking Guzzi though.

Bill Hagan and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 2:40 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:

The rotors on the front of that blue 2 valve have to cause front brake extreme oversensitivity while stopping I would think. Did you speak with the gentleman in that regard by chance? Cool looking Guzzi though.

A single would be more than sufficent, its called a Perimeter disc brake first seen on bikes created by Eric Buell though dont quote me on that.
I did mention, and he did say was sensitive.

On a side note went for a jaunt in the English countryside, though prob should have attended a DGR event, anybody attend one?

Bill Hagan, BruPo and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 3:08 am

Buellbloke wrote:
Gootzibird13 wrote:

A single would be more than sufficent, its called a Perimeter disc brake first seen on bikes created by Eric Buell though dont quote me on that.
I did mention, and he did say was sensitive.

On a side note went for a jaunt in the English countryside, though prob should have attended a DGR event, anybody attend one?

Sorry can't help you there. I've never riden outside the USA unfortunately. It must be nice to even see another Guzzi while riding. Let alone "talk bikes"  with another owner of the brand. I know there are groups and clubs for Guzzi owners that meet and have rallys ect. That's kinda regional in America. But nothing like that occurs in my main area of riding. Great pics!

Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 am

Got the sweet beast ready for another mutton run to Kentucky.

Launch tomorrow morning; return Tuesday evening.

Bill

Oz1200Guzzi, Clancy, BruPo, Gootzibird13, SMTCapeCod and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 am

Don't forget to make the Third Annual GRiSO Pilgrimage to legendary BugTussle, KY!!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Got the sweet beast ready for another mutton run to Kentucky.

Launch tomorrow morning; return Tuesday evening.

Bill

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm

Good morning.

Here's my plan.

OK, OK, we all know it’s the plan, that may not survive first contact with reality, but it is the plan on launch.

HVAC guy arrives at 8 a.m. — yes, also theory — and I will launch as soon thereafter as I can.

GRiSO is ready; I am ready; mutton awaits!   cheers

Route details here:

Cross Junction to Maysville

Map here:  

The time and mileage are skewed high because of the inexplicable (to me) salient up to Pomeroy.  

My intent — from Chethro, a local Guzzista — is to take SR 62 from Ripley to Point Pleasant, cross bridge to Gallipolis, then to Ironton via Scottown on SR 218.

Tomorrow, lesser miles and more great roads into Owensboro.

@BruPo, Bugtussle is a bit out of the way this trip.   Very Happy

Best to all,

Bill

BruPo and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Helmet
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 am

Did a spaceclam tail tidy on my 07 GRiSO. Doing minimal mods but the tail tidy and exhaust are necessary. Looking at an Agostini conical next!
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 28, 2022 9:06 pm

Bill,
Next time you go through the Huntington WV area, Austin's Homemade Ice Cream in Ceredo is outstanding. Found it last week while on a GRiSO trip.

Bill Hagan, BruPo and scagliog like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:35 am

Commuting the long way home. Finally have more miles on this GRiSO than the original owner, so it’s more officially ‘mine’. Newly mapped (thank you Beetle), Carbtune turned up yesterday, so balancing the throttle bodies tomorrow (thank you Peter). The more time I spend on this bike, the more I like it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny, Richard, scagliog and BowraBoy like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:22 pm

rick pope wrote:
Bill,
Next time you go through the Huntington WV area, Austin's Homemade Ice Cream in Ceredo is outstanding.  Found it last week while on a GRiSO trip.

Good morning, Rick.

Got back last evening.

1500 mile r/t; turned 30K on trip. Ran great, tho I did finish off my (stupendous) Michelin Pilot Power on rear. Sigh. So many great roads.

Spent previous night in Ashland, but left via Ironton, so missed Huntington (darn it). That said, I managed to cross and recross the Ohio several times by error after repeated confused error Rolling Eyes , so I should have soothed my bruised ego by visiting Ceredo. cheers

Pix and more soon.

Bill

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Got to test out LCJohnnys Startus Interuptus 2 fix last Sunday 29th, went for a couple hundred mile bike ride partly to a bike show.
About a third of the way to the show mates up front been racing each other GSX1400 with upgraded suspension and mates yellow peril GRiSO 1100, through the tasty twisty A roads, they pulled over in a village to wait for us the slower group to catch up and have a ciggarette break.
Mates yellow peril GRiSO 1100 refused to start, he was hunting all the fuses out.
I glanced down and noticed his unsecured SI2 relay was almost upside down and  the fuse had been knocked out.
After the show which seemed more to be about patch clubs posturing, we came back the longer way and got caught in a torrential shower that lasted the final 60 miles home.
Mate Steve on his TL1000 had no rear hugger and the rain kept drowning his rear spark plug, he also had no waterproof trousers and forgot to fit his pinlock in a helmet that spcifically needs one.
Penny on the back of me had no waterproofs from the waist down reckoned her panty liner hit the floor with a thud when she eventually got home Laughing
My water proof over trousers have owned for decades failed at the crotch seams which was nice Shocked mate Andy on the yellow peril doesnt do motorcycle gear, well he owns a crash helmet and summer gloves and a decent pair of over trousers that held up well enough.
The GRiSO's played in the heavy rain impeccably, we stopped for a fuel break about 50 miles from home and both GRiSO's with Startus Interuptus 2 fixes started up no problem. (was some concern about placement and water ingress/exposure)
Next day checked out my stunningly clean GRiSO ...hmm well it will be again no worries Sad

Last edited by Buellbloke on Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:56 pm

What did I do with my GRiSO today? I sold it for more money than I paid for it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:22 am

Kind of an odd thing to brag about on a GRiSO forum -  most of us consider ours priceless. Oh well, sorry the GRiSO didn't speak to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Bill Hagan and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
ssmith996
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ssmith996

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:40 am

Street wrote:
Kind of an odd thing to brag about on a GRiSO forum -  most of us consider ours priceless. Oh well, sorry the GRiSO didn't speak to you.

I loved my GRiSO, but I had a great offer on it.   I just bought a 2022 Triumph Speed Twin.  They both fit a similar niche in my stable and I found myself riding the Triumph more.  I thought I owed it to someone else to use the GRiSO as it deserves.   I loved it, but now time for someone else to love it too.  I had an ex-wife like that too... Smile

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:43 am

Fair enough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 am

ssmith996 wrote:
They both fit a similar niche in my stable and I found myself riding the Triumph more.

They are both twins but even there they are completely different.
What similarities did you acertain?
One is a quirky stylish beyond comprehension, a beast of a bike that entices you to desire beyond compare. (I can't stop looking at it)
It takes a certain amount of skill to ride it properly and I've barely scratched the surface though I am somewhat a bit of a pussy in that regard.
Only by spannering it do you truely apreciate it.
I can discuss my GRiSO for hours to any who seem interested, I notice those who put less in are unable to gush about it insomuch.
The other is made in taiwan water cooled (I rest my case as I deplore water cooled, like Indian/Polaris you could make it look a pair of cocks with a set of balls and the thing would still perform as based upon a radiator) a civilised machine requiring virtualy no rider input except to ride it.
Bonnevilles always been a girls bike init.
Good riddence dont slam the door on your way out  Laughing

Gootzibird13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 11 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next