GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+79
Moto Guzzi virgin
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:48 pm

They are still going to be there as today was only practice

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:18 am

The mighty GRiSO and I traveled across the line to 200000km, I had a secondhand dash put in last year. A freind said lets make it real for a second as well.
So, the number don't match. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, JohnA, Pawel Spoon, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:19 am

And the evidence to show the numbers.
Now time to work towards 300k hahahaha Wish us luck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:53 am

Mate, don't you know anything? They're a quirky, unreliable shitbox. Wake up to yourself..... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:06 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Mate, don't you know anything? They're a quirky, unreliable shitbox. Wake up to yourself..... Laughing Rolling Eyes

You are dead right there.... I went into the city today to collect some brake pads. leaving the store the bike stalled at the first few lights... and felt rough as guts...and I was falling deeply disgusted.(some quirk that is related to the compression variance or something)... hit the motorway and the open road for the ride home, and I felt the love and lust for the bike came back.

Bill Hagan and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:42 am

After hearing the Guzzi Gang racing teams' flat track bikes running I wish my GRiSO sounded like them but it'll need too much shit to make run right[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:03 am

Wistfully mused about mine, sigh.  Sad

Bill

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:41 am

I failed to take pics, but the wife and I rode from Bandera. TX to Camp Wood via the famous FM337 for some very good BBQ. There's good BBQ everywhere in Texas, but this place has very good side dishes as well. It was only 150 miles, round trip.

On Saturday, we rode the Three Twisted Sisters, FM 335, 336, and 337. With a little meandering on other routes, it made for a 214 mile day.

JohnA and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:37 am

rick pope wrote:
I failed to take pics, but the wife and I rode from Bandera. TX to Camp Wood via the famous FM337 for some very good BBQ.  There's good BBQ everywhere in Texas, but this place has very good side dishes as well. It was only 150 miles, round trip.

On Saturday, we rode the Three Twisted Sisters, FM 335, 336, and 337.  With a little meandering on other routes, it made for a 214 mile day.

Texas BBQ?

When will you meet me on a Mutton Run and get some real BBQ in Daviess County? cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are, of course, reports of bourbon sightings in the area, too. Thumbs Up

Seriously, enjoy Texas.  The Hill Country is a delight in so many ways: scenery, folks, riding roads, food, and more.  Heck, I even liked it when I was at (it'll always be) Fort Hood to me.   Wink

Best,

Bill

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Georgia bbq

Bill Hagan, green guzzi and Ham42 like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:55 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Texas BBQ?

When will you meet me on a Mutton Run and get some real BBQ in Daviess County? cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are, of course, reports of bourbon sightings in the area, too.  Thumbs Up

Seriously, enjoy Texas.  The Hill Country is a delight in so many ways: scenery, folks, riding roads, food, and more.  Heck, I even liked it when I was at (it'll always be) Fort Hood to me.   Wink

Best,

Bill

Bill, I'd love to join you on the Mutton run, but it seems to fall at a time when I'm not available. We'll be leaving for Alaska in late May, returning in early September.

I spent a few months at Fort Hood, when I was 2 y/o. Dad was in the 3rd Armored Division and on the rifle team. I don't remember much of that time.

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 am

Found some if that Florida Sunshine

Bill Hagan, Nobleswood, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] met up with Colt and his freind Todd for a breakfast ride to the Warbird museum in Titusville then h eaded south along the Indian river to PalmShores at s tiki bar restaurant called Cabanna Shores that makes the best burger around

Bill Hagan, Clancy and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:07 pm

Took the shock out after figuring out how without touching the airbox. Oh my, it was so easy after I took off the left side hanger plate ... Now I just hope a car mechanic will change the stock spring to the Hyperpro progressive one so I can put her back together. It´s a bit nervewracking to have her jacked up in a 140-car-garage - there might always be a madman around.

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:40 pm

el capitan wrote:
Oh my, it was so easy after I took off the left side hanger plate ...

Exactly Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:17 pm

I wasn't so clever. I wrestled with the air box and took it out the top. Dumb olde pharte.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:53 pm

rick pope wrote:
I wasn't so clever.  I wrestled with the air box and took it out the top.

In case this is a consolation to you: I was already fit to declare defeat and do the same when I stepped back and said to myself "Wait, this looks as if a little more play would suffice. Let´s give it a try".
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:20 am

When I was getting ready to replace my stock shock, I had read about pulling the left side plate.
Still found the removal pretty difficult, but the new shock went in much easier for some reason.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:12 am

Florida lime wrote:
Still found the removal pretty difficult,  but the new shock went in much easier for some reason.

Yep, the reinstall was quite straightforward. It would have been easier with a second pair of hands, but doable within an hour. The problem was to find a mechanic with the tools and knowledge not to swap shocks but to change springs - even in a capital city like Vienna this was quite a journey.

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Well, there it is. The GRiSO brought me home from Florida.
Never a doubt.

Managed to see a couple short track races at The Daytona Speedway.
Ran in to the Casey brothers at the race Thursday night.
They're both riding old Loop Frame Guzzis.
Couple of characters for sure.

Didn't drink too much, didn't eat too much, didn't get too much sun, didn't ride too fast either.
I must be slowing down in my old age.

Met up with Tim Henry, as he had noted, for a breakfast and ride along the river.

Saw a rocket launch while sitting at an out door bar, really cool for me first time experience.

First time for me in Florida when I wasn't  working on an airplane, getting some OEM tech training or attending a family function.
I get why people would want to live there.

You're just not going to wear out the shoulders of your tires.
Pretty much flat with straight roads.

Bill Hagan, Nobleswood, kidsmoke, Tim Henry and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:45 pm

<< You're just not going to wear out the shoulders of your tires.
Pretty much flat with straight roads. >>

Colt, don't forget, there's lots of blue hairs in Buicks just waiting to run you over. I call Florida, "God's Waiting Room."

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:40 pm

I took him along Indian river drive and Rockledge drive the 2 twistiest roads in Brevard countyslow but fun

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:26 am

Almost forgot.

We stopped in at the Indian dealer in Daytona. My associate was looking at swapping his BMW for an Indian of all things. There was a group of bikes and engineers from the Indian Factory and they were offering test rides, pretty much throw you the keys and say "come back soon". I did a quick trip on a FTR1200 in "sport" mode. On debriefing with the Rep I noted factory  mapping pretty well sucked if you weren't on the gas in sport mode. As  It's an exercise in styling with a good amount of substance. Just not overly functional in the way the GRiSO is. I'm not rushing down to trade in at all. The engineer I spoke with was interested in the GRiSO and Moto Guzzi in general. We spoke at length about the various Guzzis I own while showing pictures of them. Really, we spent more time talking about Moto Guzzis than Indians. I don't think he was aware of Moto Guzzi in the least.

Fun times.

Nobleswood, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 am

I went to take the GRiSO out yesterday.
Dead. Sad

A new lithium Shorai battery was put in a couple months back, but I hadn't taken the bike out lately (until the weather improved and all the winter salt was gone).

Doesn't look like it's going to take a charge either. Sad
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm

ratso88 wrote:
Almost forgot.

We stopped in at the Indian dealer in Daytona. My associate was looking at swapping his BMW for an Indian of all things. There was a group of bikes and engineers from the Indian Factory and they were offering test rides, pretty much throw you the keys and say "come back soon". I did a quick trip on a FTR1200 in "sport" mode. On debriefing with the Rep I noted factory  mapping pretty well sucked if you weren't on the gas in sport mode. As  It's an exercise in styling with a good amount of substance. Just not overly functional in the way the GRiSO is. I'm not rushing down to trade in at all. The engineer I spoke with was interested in the GRiSO and Moto Guzzi in general. We spoke at length about the various Guzzis I own while showing pictures of them. Really, we spent more time talking about Moto Guzzis than Indians. I don't think he was aware of Moto Guzzi in the least.

Fun times.

Well you make a pretty good ambassador for the brand. (See what I did there?)

Nice that you got to see some friends in Florida.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 33 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next