GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 am

adjusted the front suspension and did the first short ride this year outside of the city

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:04 am

Adjusted the rear suspension after mounting the Hyperpro-spring and doing the first clicks. Surprisingly the stock shock relies on enough compression damping - without it even a firmer spring cannot keep the bike from going through it´s (small amount of) travel much too fast. The sweet spot is quite narrow; 1/4 turn more compression was already too much.
The much faster rebound is all she really needed to work very well now: The firmer spring keeps the bike in the upper part of the little travel she has, sufficient compression aids this and the fast rebound makes sure the shock is quickly up again and ready for the next hit.
The general result of the Hyperpro-spring and the described settings is a very transparent ride with as little movement as necessary while still being quite comfortable.

Nobleswood and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:00 pm

The last bit on my Florida trip.

Nothing without a trip to the Kingdom that is Disney.

I get a call from my Indiana associate Kip, kidsmoke here, regarding dinner. He’s going to be in Orlando for product training and in-depth familiarization on of all things, fluid pumps. They’re putting him up at a damn Disney Hotel. Dolphin Resort, it’s Florida ok who knows why. There was an offer of a free meal so motivation was above nominal. My Florida Pal and I make the trek. Really, I’m not used to being in these types of places and am half expecting to be asked to leave while hanging out in the lobby. Seemed over polished and over produced. Roving gangs of kids with worn out parents in tow were everywhere . I am so very glad my two boys are grown men! Guys I work with spend a WEEK down there with their families, I couldn’t take it.

We had a nice dinner at the in-house Mexican place. Really good margaritas, full presentation there as well. Pro tip, don’t drink the liquid nitrogen in the secondary container, it just gives the “Smokey margarita” the smoke. Bench racing stories, bike riding tales and everything else.

Second pro tip, get your damn parking ticket validated! Disney will scalp you for thirty five f’in bucks for the privilege. Yes, we were validated.

Good time for sure and a trip indeed.

Clancy, Nobleswood, kidsmoke and Tim Henry like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 am

Yup Ratso was ‘that guy at the bar’ getting all the attention for the flamboyant cocktail. Not his usual MO.

There were lots of people in shorts who might have thought better of it, at least you weren’t in that crowd. Was glad to get out of there, and even brought home a case of pink eye as a souvenir.
Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 pm

So first time doing the valve adjustment.. just finishing RHS and putting new plugs in... Being really careful with the plug cap cap after reading all the issues here and...f#@!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 pm

All fixed! cheers

Advantage of having a semi-retired business owner with parts in stock who wanted a ride 40Km away! Laughing

beetle, Bill Hagan, GhostBullet, Clancy, Nobleswood, kidsmoke, Florida lime and like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:44 pm

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 am

You are a true legend Pete, a man of wisdom and devotion. Cheers to that!!!

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:36 am

GhostBullet wrote:
You are a true legend Pete, a man of wisdom and devotion. Cheers to that!!!

Indeed! amazing having a resource like Pete nearby - thanks again Very Happy

For anyone wondering the part supplied was the NGK LB05EP resistor cover

ErikdeBrabander likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 am

We rode it, after around 12 months in storage due to moving house.
Nice ride to the pub.

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:14 am

Yay! In Yamba you'll have a while more to ride before it gets colder. Although up there you aren't going to get our -5*C mornings.

We had our first frost a couple of days ago! Weird. About a month early. It's warmed up again now though. Thank fuck! Rolling Eyes

Grisodude likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:52 am

sorted the screws in my garage for 2 hrs, then synchronized cylinders and did tps reset, adjusted the shock and went on a short trip with the new setup.
very enjoyable ride indeed.
managed to come home just before the rain.
perfect day

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:43 am

Commuted home via Rt 9 for the first time in ages. One day I’ll make a video so you can all be jealous. Found an unacceptable oil seep at the plastic welding on the airbox; 3 hours later…. my first time this deep into the nubbins - getting a bit nervous - needing to hear some Style Council and Joe Jackson to keep on…. love this bike.

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:36 am

Bled the front and rear brakes. The fluid in both reservoirs was very dark, so guessing it hadn't been done for some time! Flushed it all through with fresh Dot4.
Got plenty of bubbles out of the rear caliper, but not as many as I was expecting out the fronts. The front lever is still a bit 'spongy', but it's better than it was before.

I'm used to Yamaha brakes, which have a hard feel at the lever. Is it normal feel for these Brembos to be a little soft?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:56 am

No.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:29 am

Pete Roper wrote:
No.

OK, I'll have to have another go at bleeding the fronts then.
Any tips, or should the traditional lever pumps followed by a quick open and close of the nipple work fine?
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:02 am

Bad fork seal after only 3500 miles.

thinking I need to have a go at those headers while I'm at it.

GhostBullet, lcjohnny, Pawel Spoon and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:47 pm

looking for snow

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:46 pm

Woe is me, woe is me

Got the news I didn't want to hear from Nigel at NBS. Pulled the plug and was greeted with a bright, metal filled oilpan. Big ends gone for sure, don't know about the crank yet (though he says it still runs which might be a point in its favor)

I'll think on it some and decide what I want to do next. Wish I'd known to check the spacer sooner.

Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:05 pm

Well, pushed the ole girl out of the garage today after a long winter slumber and then it started to snow. I fired it up, ran it for a while and then pushed it back in the garage. It's still snowing.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:23 am

great sunny day, pleasent temps, lot of bikers on the roads.
went to a nearby pass, 1140 m.
snow s mostly gone Smile

beetle, GhostBullet and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Moto Guzzi virgin
Carlotto
Carlotto
Moto Guzzi virgin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 pm

Where do I start, I bought this bike form a forum member, it was quite run down and did not appear to have been loved, even thou it had a full service history and updates, I purchased the bike before Christmas last year and has been off the road for 6 weeks and is now complete. I have had two rides this week, the suspension had the compression turn right up and it rode like a dray, I have now adjusted the suspension front and back and now rides much better.

Brakes,
New braided lines front and rear including clutch hose including new banjo fitting seals.
New pads.
Painted both clutch and front brake master cylinder.
Bleed all systems.

Head light,
Fitted a new head light with Hella H4 insert.
Modified the short housing using a 60mm pressure pipe fitting so the insert would fit, painted gloss black to match.
Made brackets to relocate the light to match the screen.
Repaired the wiring that appeared to have been done by a chicken and return to standard. Tidied all wiring on the bike.

Tail lights.
Fitted two auxiliary brake and tail lights below the standard tail light.

Instrument cluster,
Paint housing.

Lower triple tree.
Removed all flaking powder coat back to bare aluminum and paint.

Foot pegs.
Fabricate 30mm lower foot pegs and machine new pegs.

Rear suspension.
Remove shock and linkages.
Clean and repack the bearings.
Shim the sideways movement out of two of the linkage pivots by machining lubron spacers.
Clean shock.
Machine a tool to allow easy adjustment of the forks and shocks.

Fuel tank.
Clean and unblock fuel tank drains.
Rerun drain lines.

Air box.
Install all new drain lines that were missing.
Cleaning air box internals.
Repair the stripped threads in the airbox housing.

Oil pressure and temperature gauge.
Machine hex adaptor, 12mm x 1.5mm male to 10mm x 1mm female to 1/8" NPT female for oil pressure gauge.
Modify the right hand cylinder head banjo bolt to allow the installation of the temperature sender.
Machine the gauge pod and bezel with oring seals. mounted using instrument mounts.
Mount to fork leg using a steering damper mount.

Powder coat.
Powder coat rocker covers and head light mount along with 15 other pieces.

Tool bag.
Fabricate tool bag rack for right side.

beetle, Speedfrog, Richard, Svartipants, JC_Guz89, motografando and Moto Guzzi virgin like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 pm

Impressive work, MGV, deserving of at least a +1!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Moto Guzzi virgin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:32 pm

Tidy Craftsmanship! . . . . . Stunning result!

Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
Moto Guzzi virgin
Carlotto
Carlotto
Moto Guzzi virgin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:09 am

Thanks guys as there is a lot of blood sweet and tears in that lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 34 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next