GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Empty
PostSubject: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:43 am

Because riding GRiSO is a high-consequence environment, I've been taking courses. There is a school run by an ex-Euro pro on a cart-track in Stockton, 80 miles from me. The 'coach' is a good guy - I needed get used to him, but deep-down he cares. "Jonathan Livingston Seagull on a bike" I wrote in a review.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cornering course #2 of 4 last weekend, and blessings above, the photographer caught the exact moment that I had an epiphany:

I got away with it, but what you can't see or hear from outside the photo-frame is the rest of the class going, "Oooo".

I was stoked with the GRiSO after this day; we've done 12,000 miles together, but the Coach pointed out two things that I needed to be doing better - and it's like having a whole new bike. I told him, "I love that bike", and he said, "yeah... it shows. But you don't need that amount of lean-angle."

Nobleswood likes this post

Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:16 pm

Wow that's nice. What is the name of the school and what is the cost? I could do with a few pointers

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:41 pm

tinker wrote:
Wow that's nice. What is the name of the school and what is the cost? I could do with a few pointers

superbike-coach.com
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:13 am

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn't look too crossed up. What happened, scraped the sidestand and made its usual SCRAPE noise ?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:28 am

I was too vain not to post a glamour-photo, but milliseconds later, I was not looking tidy. The exercise was about getting GRiSO flicked over through a left to right chicane faster than what I could do using just countersteering. I was getting too aggressive and lost the front contact patch - the front tire started to skid…As I understood it, it’s about subtly disrupting the rear tire from tracking behind the front through the turn. (Need to understand that GRiSO is a gyroscope with moments of inertia). The Coach used the s-bend before the start-finish line at Assen (coincidentally Moto GP was there the same day) as the example.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:44 pm

I thought he was more into golf. Who knew?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:06 pm

Spot the GRiSO?  Cornering Day#3: Lots of trail braking today, and some practice emergency stops while in a lean. Faster and faster with less and less lean. Huh - who’da thunk that?  Met Dimitrios, a Guzzisti and former GRiSO owner who stoked my ego for flinging a GRiSO around cart-track. 106deg today in old money - what’s that - 40C? Oil temp got to 135F, asphalt track surface was apparently 157F. Fall off, and you’d go in with a splash 😂. Spanked GRiSO for the 80 miles home (dog was locked inside for 12 hr day - good boy, no mess). Did I ever write that I love what this bike does?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle   Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Riding School - How to Hustle the Muscle
Page 1 of 1