GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

So long and thanks for all the fish......

Go down 
+40
BetaSteve
Robeartato
FrankBlank
BowraBoy
Dave Swanson
MotoGazza
tennisguy7
scottmastrocinque
bioman
alanlemansiv
motografando
moto
Svartipants
Matias
kindoy2
Tim Henry
kidsmoke
Deepdive
Lazlokovacs
Chris W
tinker
Nobleswood
el capitan
80CX100
GrisoPilot1100
Street
PJPR01
lcjohnny
Speedfrog
Grisodude
Clancy
rick pope
evansnows
SemperVee1
GuzziSteve
chrismfelt
Bill Hagan
pjm
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:01 pm

PETE,
Highest regards and best wishes for the future.
I had an awesome trouble free summer riding my GRiSO all over the United States thanks to your input on how to prepare a GRiSO properly.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 pm

As I've been saying for years all it takes is a bit of preparation and routine preventative maintenance and they can all be as reliable as an anvil. What prevents that is a mixture of ignorance, sloth, inaction and a lot of wishful thinking that somehow a Guzzi can be something it's not and can never be.

Adding a map with more fuel, fitting a 'Hi-Flow' air filter, punching it it to more than 1200cc and even some porting work will not miraculously release 30 more horsepower and turn an 8V into a raging 'Busa Beater'. Love it for what it is, not what it isn't. Listening to me costs you nothing. Believing snake oil salesmen who promises miracles will simply leave you with a poorly running machine and a very much lighter wallet.

DC950, Speedfrog, SemperVee1 and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:04 am

Hi Pete,
Enjoy your freetime and freedom.
Thanks for all the help along the years.
Hope to keep seeing you on this forum....
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:16 am

Congratulations Pete. Hang-up the tools, but don’t hang-up the goat leggings.

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:23 am

Pete,
You have been and always will be the best. Please keep up the good fight against the shaved apes. Happy retirement!
Moto
Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:27 pm

Hi Pete,
happy retirement and thank you for all the big and small advices you had for us.
good luck for the future, i hope you will have much time to ride your bikes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:03 am

Hi Pete,
All the best in your new endeavours in life keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up, thanks for your wit and wisdom over the years.

Bill Hagan and SemperVee1 like this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 am

A very happy and fruitful and relaxing retirement for you, Pete.  We all know that you deserve it. I do hope I will keep reading your beautiful witty and poetic comments on the Ghetto every now and then.  They make my day!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmastrocinque
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
scottmastrocinque

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:04 pm

I have been retired for 9 months. I highly recommend it to anyone who can.
There is no glory in working to pursue money until you are dead.

Congratulations and may you enjoy every day as I do.

Back to top Go down
tennisguy7
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tennisguy7

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:01 pm

Thanks for your help to myself and countless others on this forum
God Bless you , sending thanks and love your way , you are a treasure to GRiSO owners !!!!

Back to top Go down
MotoGazza
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MotoGazza

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:20 am

Thanks Peter Roper for all you have done and contributed over the years. I’ve not actually met you but have read a many Roper post. Best wishes for the future.

Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:01 am

Pete, you have helped me more times than I can count over the years and you probably never realized it.  I am sure this goes for hundreds of others.  

Enjoy a long and well earned retirement!  I am enjoying mine.  On my 3rd year.

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:58 am

Pete,
Thank you so much for all the support and advice you have given me over the years and your patience with me. You have enabled my Love affair with Guzzis. And if course MOTO Mods could not have been left in better hands than Michael. Enjoy your retirement mate and I hope your health declines gracefully rather than forcefully.

Todd

Back to top Go down
FrankBlank
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
FrankBlank

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:09 am

congratulations on your retirement, pete!  all of your assistance here and elsewhere has been very much appreciated. you've helped me more than once directly - either here or on the apriliaforum - and countless times indirectly through the search function.

i honestly can't think of any other person in the global "guzzi community" (i lurk on many a forum) who comes close to being as generous with their time and knowledge as you've been over the years.  thank you...  

and all the best for your well-deserved retirement.

Last edited by FrankBlank on Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:34 am

It's an absolute pleasure to know you, Pete. you're a solid bloke and an absolute titan of Guzzi knowledge.

You've given us all the experience and knowledge to truly love our bikes, and I thank you for that.

Have an excellent (and well deserved) retirement!

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:51 am

I’d like to wish you better luck than I, having ‘failed’ at retirement 3.25 times now! I do find myself being much slower and more careful when climbing on cranes as even a 5’ fall can be serious. The few customers I’ve chosen to keep all supply me a younger fellow to help with things and hopefully teach in the realization I won’t want to do this forever…
You, however, you’re a legend in the Guzzi world! I sincerely hope the desire to occasionally find and fix a shitter remains! For myself and likely many more folks around the world than you’ll ever realize, THANK YOU for the knowledge, advice, patience and most importantly, the acidic and biting brand of humor ONLY you can provide!
Steve

Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:54 am

Pete you are going to love being retired, i now wonder how the hell i had time of anything working a full time job and being on call 24/.
I remember standing in the parking lot in 2010 at John Day listing to you describe various rider types.
had us cracking up, of course the Fez added to that
anyway enjoy
Back to top Go down
daviscr5
Carlotto
Carlotto
daviscr5

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:35 pm

Best wishes in retirement Mr. Roper. Thank you for always taking the time to thoughtfully respond to my goofball, amateur questions. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, wit and patience. Reading your ghetto and V11Lemans posts have been immensely helpful throughout my Guzzi journey. I hope that this next life chapter is your best yet!

Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:21 pm

Thank you Mr. Pete Roper for being a font of wisdom on these bikes and for your ability to state things exactly as they are, even though the answer is sometimes what we don't want to hear.

Because of your clear explanations, I've successfully tackled more projects on my GRiSO than on pretty much any other bike I've owned. It's been a learning experience and because of it, this bike will remain in my stable due to the bond I've developed with it, inanimate object or not.

Enjoy your retirement! I retired from military service about 12 years ago and am very close to fully retiring from my civilian job. When the time comes, I know I will be able to find plenty of ways to keep myself entertained by finally spending my time at my own pace.

Good luck, and I hope you continue contributing to this forum!!

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 am

Pete, Hope you are feeling better after your procedure w/MD!! Retirement is nice as long as you enjoy it!! Time to take it easy & let Michael do it, he's more than competent. Time to ride & enjoy.
Maybe finish the sidecar rig.
Back to top Go down
rtbickel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rtbickel

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:50 pm

Enjoy your retirement Pete. Is the rubber chicken retiring too?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So long and thanks for all the fish......   So long and thanks for all the fish...... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

So long and thanks for all the fish......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2