GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mistral high pipe aluminum

Go down 
+6
ErikdeBrabander
GrisoPilot1100
bioman
JonB85
beetle
Grisoleta
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:53 am

Pull the snorkel out but use a paper filter.

ErikdeBrabander likes this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:08 am

@Grisoleta: Do you consider both RCS an improvement? In my view the clutch-side was a really big improvement while the brake master was already quite good before.
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:04 am

el capitan wrote:
@Grisoleta: Do you consider both RCS an improvement? In my view the clutch-side was a really big improvement while the brake master was already quite good before.
I’m pretty sure that both sides now work brilliant.
But I just like doing upgrades:) Thinking of brembo monoblocks by the way:)
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:12 am

Grisoleta wrote:
But I just like doing upgrades:)

Same here. Having a 1100 a swap to radial monoblocks would be quite some work and require a lot of adaptation - not worth it for me, as the stock axial Brembos used to be SBK-stuff on championship-winning Ducati 916 during the 90ies. So they are more than good enough to handle the 88 HP of the old 2-valve ...
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:21 am

el capitan wrote:
Grisoleta wrote:
But I just like doing upgrades:)

Same here. Having a 1100 a swap to radial monoblocks would be quite some work and require a lot of adaptation - not worth it for me, as the stock axial Brembos used to be SBK-stuff on championship-winning Ducati 916 during the 90ies. So they are more than good enough to handle the 88 HP of the old 2-valve ...
Interesting experience! My 1200 already has radials and I was thinking of changing it to m4 calipers. May be you are right and it’s not worth it.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:26 am

Brembo Stylema and the same pads KTM uses in the 890 R Duke would really test your fork´s (and the rider´s) ability to cope with headstands. Applying the front brake on the much lighter KTM feels like someone dropped a block of concrete in front of your front wheel ...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am

I highly recommend Brembo monoblocks for the 1200.

Mine are from a KTM. I rarely need to use more than 1 or 2 fingers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Grisoleta and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 am

Going slightly off topic here, but how much of an improvement does it make to just change the calipers to the monoblocks?
Are new master cylinders also necessary to see any benefit?
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 am

beetle wrote:

I highly recommend Brembo monoblocks for the 1200.

Mine are from a KTM. I rarely need to use more than 1 or 2 fingers.

By your advice just bought m4 calipers from mv agusta. What pads do you use in it?
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2024 9:13 am

JC_Guz89 wrote:
Are new master cylinders also necessary to see any benefit?

I can´t attest to that, but putting a Brembo RCS master on duty with the old axial 4-pot-brembos on the 1100 improved feedback while braking. But I had no problem with my brakes before, as the calipers on the 1100 GRiSO were SBK-stuff on Ducati 916 years before and the GRiSO might be heavier, but is also slower.

I guess every step (pads, brake lines, calipers, master cylinders) brings a noticeable improvement. As Guzzi specs braided brake lines and reasonable pads stock the two latter positions are simply the only ones you can play with to harvest an improvement.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2024 3:13 pm

Grisoleta wrote:

By your advice just bought m4 calipers from mv agusta. What pads do you use in it?

I'm using EBC HH pads.

el capitan wrote:

I guess every step (pads, brake lines, calipers, master cylinders) brings a noticeable improvement.

+1 to this.

I had a Brembo RCS brake master cylinder prior to installing the M4 calipers, and they made further improvement.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Grisoleta likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mistral high pipe aluminum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2